Unable to download map update

So I go to this rather dodgy looking website: https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com which is apparently the genuine Skoda site!

I put in my VIN and it finds map and radio station updates with Download buttons. However, nothing happens when I click the download button!

I appreciate this is more a computer issue than a car issue but wondering if anyone else has this problem (maybe the site is broken?).

I have tried Chrome and IE with same result.

Had the same problem the fix is when you have the correct download for your sat nav scroll down to the legal terms box,

Right click on the download box and click open in new tab that opens the Downloader.exe then click run,make sure you have your sd card formatted and in your computer it will download automatically,all you have to do is click the location at the end of the download to sd card. It worked for me after a bit of trial and efin and jeffin

Edited by john999boy
Adjusted type size
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Hmmm, this creates a problem as my VIN comes up with a Bolero and no nav but the car has an Amundsen with nav... I didn’t think that one through, might have to revisit the drawing board for this one.

The map links usually end up on here and usually way before the latest version makes it to the portal anyway. I haven't updated my maps via the portal for some time now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Hmmm, this creates a problem as my VIN comes up with a Bolero and no nav but the car has an Amundsen with nav... I didn’t think that one through, might have to revisit the drawing board for this one.

Use this Sasha

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I find I’m using the factory nav almost as much as the Apple maps and it’s nice to have the latest ones on the car anyway :)

The factory one is good I find and I have complete faith in it. Did a 450 mile round trip from Preston to Bridgend and back this week and it was perfect! 

• Like 1

Apple Maps couldn’t find Basecamp Wales when we were climbing Snowdon 3 weeks ago but In-built one had no problem. I prefer the inbuilt one with no instructions and just the Maxidot. Also the benefit of TSR in the main display. Winner alright!

The instructions given by Scouse Dave work for me but the maps offered still appear to be ECE 2018.   This is the version I already had on my satnav.   Is this the latest version or has my permission to download updates through the portal expired?   Anyone know how long I should get free updates for?   My car is a 66 plate.

The version available for download for me is ECE2018 (car appears to have 2016 so that has to be an improvement). But it is 2018 so I am not sure what else you are expecting!

Just taken delivery of this 2015 MY Octavia for the wife so know nothing about any of Skoda stuff.

Does the sat nav update facility expire?

12 minutes ago, reg091 said:

The version available for download for me is ECE2018 (car appears to have 2016 so that has to be an improvement). But it is 2018 so I am not sure what else you are expecting!

Just taken delivery of this 2015 MY Octavia for the wife so know nothing about any of Skoda stuff.

Does the sat nav update facility expire?

No. It was originally 3 years for free updates but that got scrapped and there's no expiration. 

1 minute ago, hatchy said:

So is this a 'later' revision of 2018 maps or still the same 2018 maps that I updated mine too back in January?

It seems the Columbus has a 2019 update but Amundsen still on 2018.