New Octavia vRS questions!!

Hey guys, 

So I collected my new vrs tdi a week ago and have done 500 miles so far and i must say I absolutely love it! 

It's in black magic with black pack and spare wheel. It also has lane assist which I thought was an option but it works lol. 

I've got a couple of requests, I'm thinking about putting mudflaps on and was wondering if anyone had a pic of a black vrs with them fitted? 

I'm also thinking about blacking out the "skoda" and "octavia" badges and wondered whats the best way to do this? I seem to remember someone telling me to t cut them lol

Thanks in advance! 

DSC_1985.JPG

Edited by steveyj
  • Like 3

Welcome! She looks a beauty :)

I can't comment on the mudflaps but the badges you could either plastidip or buy them in black from superskoda.. although IMHO, you'd be better just debadging the boot because I don't think you'd see them with black on black.. I could be wrong tho! 

plasti dip will last a few months at best if your gentle when you wash it. I would just debadge it anyway as its going to be black on black. I choose graphite plasti-dip as it looked good against meteor.

carbonbadge2.jpg.a2c8b0a79d651ed8f41afaac5a5a1b40.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2

Mine is grey, but here’s a shot of mine with it’s black badges, all from Super Skoda. Great quality and not overly expensive :)

C02F053F-8CE6-4A67-9F60-B79CDC178271.thumb.jpeg.b36fb9b72a33879f8ee891e48e6b4b39.jpeg

I thought about debadging mine but I bought the badges anyway just in case. Good thing I did as someone has debadged this car before and probably removed them with a screwdriver, the paint is shot underneath the badges so my only option was to put the badges back. I don’t regret it :D

52 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

Mud flaps and debadged  30EFC183-F3F4-4EC8-AE86-5286E8270394.jpeg

C013209B-32E1-4A3A-905C-08D18275E2E7.jpeg

F4BD4AB9-5A58-4D20-B88C-73014FB2EF97.jpeg

7971AA4C-4527-4E79-87FC-40511AF3F03D.jpeg

Same as mine, just the vRS badge left. Nice. 

Prefer the cleaner look. 

• Like 1

I think the mudflaps work - looking to get some fitted to my hatch when it gets first service. Live on working cattle and sheep farm and there are times it gets a bit mucky. And smelly:o

8 hours ago, gman1967 said:

I think the mudflaps work - looking to get some fitted to my hatch when it gets first service. Live on working cattle and sheep farm and there are times it gets a bit mucky. And smelly:o

If you have the vRS you will probably have to fit them yourself because the dealer will say “they don’t fit the vRS”. But they do!!

14 hours ago, Ozzy25 said:

If you have the vRS you will probably have to fit them yourself because the dealer will say “they don’t fit the vRS”. But they do!!

Do they say neither front or backs will fit or is it the same as they said with the mk2 and claim it's just the rears that don't fit?

48 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Finally got around to debadging mine today :biggrin:

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Perfect!! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Finally got around to debadging mine today :biggrin:

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Are those tail lights slightly tinted, or completely standard? They look darker than others I've seen.

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Was just going to ask that. They look good :)

+1 every set of aftermarket tinted lights I've seen look terrible and chavtastic. They look pretty sweet :cool:

• Like 2

Standard in Ireland. I know they come tinted here but presumed it would be the same with the 245 in any country. Looking back at the UK cars in this thread mine do seem a lot more tinted.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not removing my rear SKODA or OCTAVIA badges. Gives the 3 Porsche 911 drivers who I have overtaken on A roads something to ponder!:blink:

@shyVRS245 is your vRS something special?

The ability to dismiss 911 drivers is not to be sniffed at! 

14 hours ago, dunc69 said:

@shyVRS245 is your vRS something special?

The ability to dismiss 911 drivers is not to be sniffed at! 

A couple of stats for you to digest. Torque equates to acceleration and power gives a car its top speed.

My car produces its 302bhp at 5,500rpm which gives it a top speed of 165mph due to the gearing in 6th at 30mph per 1,000revs. As it is a manual hatch it is the lightest VRS245 you can buy at 1370kg.

Golf R and Leon Cupra R are both heavier yet produce only 380NM of torque (my car 467NM).

For comparison Porsche Cayman S £48,834 WEIGHS 1,430KG and produces 420NM and the very rapid Audi TT RS WEIGHS 1,515KG and produces 480NM.

23 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Golf R and Leon Cupra R are both heavier yet produce only 380NM of torque (my car 467NM).

For comparison Porsche Cayman S £48,834 WEIGHS 1,430KG and produces 420NM and the very rapid Audi TT RS WEIGHS 1,515KG and produces 480NM.

Sorry, dude. Hear what you're saying and don't doubt you, but a Cayman is not a 911.... Have you got the same figs for a 911...?