Direct download links for ECE 2018/2019 maps

Thanks Aki78.. mib2 Amundsen updated. Good to see they have updated the roads on them this time. New M1 link road now showing.. only been there 2 years..lol

On 26/06/2018 at 22:00, Jaco2k said:

Good for Seat also - updating the Leon too ;)

Hi I am picking up a seat Toledo 2015 itec next week would these maps work by any chance 

cheers 

9 hours ago, marco48 said:

Hi I am picking up a seat Toledo 2015 itec next week would these maps work by any chance 

cheers 

I think that might have a MIB1 system as opposed to MIB2, but all the maps are cross compatible within the platforms - meaning they work for VW, Skoda or Seat.

Thing is that inside those, there are also MIB1 and MIB2 devices introduced at different times.

...I think that by 2015, Seat was still having MIB1, but there are other maps out there.

Check the Seat forums, since they have some pretty good threads on map updates also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2018 at 21:24, aki78 said:

Thanks to VW here are the direct download links:

MIB1 Amundsen: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P75_N60S3MIBS2_EU.7z

MIB2 Amundsen: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z

MIB1/MIB2 Columbus: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P169_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z

I think the MIB2 maps are also good for the facelift model.

MIB1 Amundsen maps tested and works. :)

Brilliant.  Many thanks aki, just what I have been looking for!

Cheers,

Zaph

Will these work on a non skoda SD card in an MIB2?

If they do then you could always keep the existing card back with maps that (whilst a bit OOD, but still work), yet install these in their place on a new SD card.

Ta.

28 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Will these work on a non skoda SD card in an MIB2?

Simple answer NOPE! - not with the Amundsen Sat-Nav units anyway (may work with Columbus units however).

In an Amundsen MIB2, the head unit reads some data encoded in the secure area of the card (SD = Secure Digital) which is not accessible nor copyable by ordinary folks.

You need an original Skoda SD Card (which has the necessary data in the secure area).

If they do then you could always keep the existing card back with maps that (whilst a bit OOD, but still work), yet install these in their place on a new SD card.

Ta.

To 'backup' your original maps, you pop the SD Card into your Windows PC (Macs are a bit more problemetic as they put some 'hidden' files on the card which confuses the head unit) and copy everything into a folder on your pc - eg 'Old Map Data'.

You then put the new maps in the ordinary area as follows...

Make the card writable (sliding the 'Lock' switch) then format the card with FAT32 with 4kb blocks.  A quick format will do.

Then any new map data can be written to the card.

Lock the card and put it into the Sat Nav system (SD 2 slot) and turn the system on.

Because an ordinary SD card doesn't have the necessary data in the secure area, it wont work as the head unit won't 'authorise' / 'authenticate' the card.

For those wanting some further information ...

There are several documents describing the SD-card:
* "SD Memory Card Specifications, part1 physical layer specification"
* "SD Memory Card Specifications, part2 file system specification"
* "SD Memory Card Specifications, Secure Digital Input/Output (SDIO)
Card Specification"

A simplified version of the first and third documents can be found at the Sandisk website http://www.sandisk.com/industrial/manuals.asp and also via links at http://www.sdcard.org/sd_memorycard/index.html.

Hope this helps

Zaph

Edited by ZaphodB
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for disappointing me. 

I knew about the hidden partition on the card, but I was hoping that it was the map data that wrote to the hidden partition each time, so an update would do the writing and then it would work.

Hey Ho. 

Just now, TheWanderer said:

Thanks for disappointing me. 

I knew about the hidden partition on the card, but I was hoping that it was the map data that wrote to the hidden partition each time, so an update would do the writing and then it would work.

Hey Ho. 

Sadly no.

Thanks for the thank you btw.  Much appreciated!

Cheers

Zaph

In terms of the update on a Mac, is it doable/easy to do? 

I'm driving up to Scotland in the next few weeks, so I don't want to mess my card up, is it simply a copy and paste job on a Windows pc - if so I might use the wife's computer instead? 

It is easy to do on a Mac. You just need to make sure your memory card is formatted to ExFat type before putting the latest maps on.

Apple will also try and add some hidden files which can cause the road names not to show if you eject the sd card using the Mac o/s. To stop this once the new maps are on your memory card just remove the card from the Mac. 

There are are other topics on this issue too.

Edited by Samwise
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, MIB2 Amundsen in MY18 Superb updated successfully.  No joy with the same in a SEAT Ateca though; 'Navigation database not found'.

I wouldn't have thought so. The Satnav is just a computer and the map data is just a set of files the the Satnav computer reads and interprets to display routes.

If you are worried about this then you could always make a backup copy of the original map data (which I recommend in the procedure anyway). If there are any problems in future then you could go back to the original Satnav data simply by copying your backup data back onto the SD card again.

• Like 1

Somethings F-ed up.

Skoda SD card inserted, downloaded the .7z and unpacked it and copied across.

Does it have to stay in the “maps” folder? Adding to the card again within this folder as I think this is where I’ve gone wrong. 

Any suggestions? :crying:

B0A67CDC-D213-4373-ABF2-7E46BA1DB7EA.jpeg

Edited by courty

Hi Courty,

Yep.

You open the un-zipped folder and copy the entire contents as-is to the Skoda SD Card.

I'm presuming here that you copied the old data from the Skoda card to your pc first, then quick formatted the card using a 4Kb block size (4096 bytes) first??

If not, you need to do this first before copying the new data to the card.

Hope this helps,

Zaph

• Like 1