In the 6 days that I owned my vrs 245, I was unable to determine what difference the DCC was making.

Anyone else similarly underwhelmed and wondering what they'd paid for exactly?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

It’s a subtle difference but there is one, try sport in a corner then comfort. Comfort does make a difference on long journeys and bump roads 

As others have said best is to switch between comfort and sport and you will notice the difference if yours is switching. I'd look for a patch of road where they have replaced a gas or water main and have had to make a trench that has a branch for every house.

Drive down it once in comfort and once in sport.

From what I've read DCC is rarely ordered as an option but the road testers reckon it is worthwhile because it smooths out what can be a harsh ride,especially with 19" wheels.

As options go it's not cheap,so what do we think,is it worthwhile?

As said above, it's more subtle changes you find with the DCC.

I had a go of a VRS which had DCC and I could tell the difference between my car. It did feel noticeably better in the sport mode, but wasn't overly different in the lower settings.

It's the same on my bike (S1000XR), which has electronically adjustable suspension. Swap between dynamic and road and you'd struggle to tell the difference instantly. However, ride a few hundred miles with it on road and you can feel the comfort. On the other hand, put it in dynamic and have a fast road ride and you feel a lot more in control. It's also got riding modes, which adjust traction control and whatnot, so both work hand in hand.

I agree there's not much difference between comfort & normal mode but put it into sport and there is a hell of a change.

The suspension firms up a lot but if you really want to notice find a road with some nice twisty bends, then do some spirited driving in comfort and then sport... you will notice the difference in the cornering

Edited by OliR

I notice it quite well in my car - quite soft ride in comfort (as per the setting, comfortable) but in Cupra (there is also a Sport setting) it firms up to almost coilover levels, with not much body roll and handles like a karting

Have to agree with most here, the difference between Sport and Comfort is immediately apparent.  Sport very firm and direct  Comfort notably smother and a little less pointed.  One of the streets near my house is particularly poorly made in Sport mode its jarring whereas in Comfort mode the ride is smoother and tolerable. Normal mode seems to sit between the two.  Playing around with the individual setting can be revealing also.

• 8 months later...

Hi all !

I have a 2018 2.0tsi 140KW Octavia

I looked at the manual - "The Comfort mode is only available on vehicles with adaptive chassis (DCC) and the Offroad mode is only available on Octavia Scout vehicles." I do have a Comfort mode, but how can I be sure ?

12 hours ago, martinznet said:

Uploaded photo again, 

Control of the modes is thru multimedia screen

Capture12.PNG

Sorry martinzet but I must disagree with you, my 2019 Vrs does have the button. When pressed a large options screen comes up on the Amundsen infotainment screen. 

Edited by TonyD
  • Like 1

Do you understand the question ?

In the Octavia manual you can find this sentence : " The Comfort mode is only available on vehicles with adaptive chassis (DCC) and the Offroad mode is only available on Octavia Scout vehicles."

I do have Comfort mode in the settings.

Question :

How can I be sure that I have DCC ?

14 hours ago, martinznet said:

Octavia 2.0 140KW ( not vRS ) - no buttons there, not in my car anyway

On a non-vRS the mode button is an option - fortunately it is there on my Elegance.