Rear View Camera Image - is this right?

FabFabFabia

My Rear View Camera always shows two yellow shapes in the bottom two corners - is this from the number plate? And is it the same for everyone else? And what do those two crossed-out symbols in the top left-hand corner mean? Thanks.

Rear Camera.jpg

11 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

Thank you Orville - do you know what those two crossed-out symbols in the top left-hand corner mean?

Top left - music from stereo muted

Next one down - stop start disabled

• Like 2

Just for a comparison this is the image from my Subaru, the orange lins being the direction the car will travel at any given steering lock. The image is 140 degree wide.

89C5F553-EBE1-48EA-86D4-FA4A91710B08.jpeg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, agedbriar said:

I think that "A" symbol is Auto Hold (disabled)-

On my DSG Edition (in which this photo was taken) I have the Auto Hold always activated so that when I brake on hills it doesn't roll until I press on the accellerator to move off. Never any need to use the handbrake.

I do always deactivate the Stop/Start system though.

Edited by FabFabFabia

These are the symbols used:

2018-07-07_214801.png.57f1dde0192015083184a5b24075c9ff.png

2018-07-07_214928.png

It's possible that shifting into reverse disables Auto Hold.   Just guessing  :)  (but would make sense).

Edited by agedbriar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agedbriar said:

I think that "A" symbol is Auto Hold (disabled)-

My bad - you appear to be correct. However on most VW vehicles the stop start system is normally disabled when reverse gear is selected.

32 minutes ago, Kainey54 said:

I don't see the number plate on mine.

Lucky you - I guess it all depends on exactly where the dealer fits the number plate.

• Like 1

Got the same on mine, I've taped down the ends of the plate to be rid of the smacking sound when shutting boot and it seems to have made them more noticeable on the screen. I'm going to the dealer on Thursday to get a seat fixed, might mention it and see if they can move the camera slightly (if that's even possible?).  

Edited by Tom34

I don't have the rear view camera, but the auto hold definitely isn't disabled on mine when selecting reverse, if I press the brake too hard when reversing it engages, sometimes annoyingly usually when I am close (but not close as I want to be) to a wall :wall:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

I don't have the rear view camera, but the auto hold definitely isn't disabled on mine when selecting reverse, if I press the brake too hard when reversing it engages, sometimes annoyingly usually when I am close (but not close as I want to be) to a wall :wall:

Hmm, this happens to me also when reversing into the garage. So maybe it engages with my DSG Edition too. I could try to disengage it by pressing the button before reversing but then I don't want it to STAY disengaged when I drive out the next day. Decisions!

I found it a right pain to start with cause if it engaged and then you press the autohold button take it off, the parking brake would enage !! :@ just have to be a bit lighter footed on the brake and let it creep back.

I thought the image on my camera was not that brilliant or perhaps spray on the lens but on checking found it to be the protective film had been left on !

On 07/07/2018 at 22:08, Tom34 said:

Out of interest why does the start/stop button use the letter A? Wouldn't SS or just S be more logical?

It's an internationally recognised system, part of ISO recommendations

After March 30 next year no longer applicable in UK I believe, but do you need them on haywains?

Edited by MacFadyin

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to increase the volume of the reversing sensors. Picked our Karoq up over the weekend but the volume seems very low.

16 minutes ago, markc1184 said:

Is it possible to increase the volume of the reversing sensors. Picked our Karoq up over the weekend but the volume seems very low.

In settings you can adjust the tone and volume.