Resetting Service Indicator

Hi

I have just changed my oil and filter but I cannot find how to reset the service indicator.  On my old Mk1 it was a simple push-button-turn-key-etc routine, but for the Mk3 the manual just says take it to a dealer!  Any ideas anyone?

Skoda Fabia 3 (2014-2018) Oil Service Inspection Light Reset:
  • Switch off the ignition.
  • Press and hold the 0.0/SET button located on the instrument cluster, and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position, but do not start the engine.
  • Keep holding the 0.0/SET button until INSP appears on the display.
  • Release the 0.0/SET button and then press 0.0/SET button again to reset it.

You may need to do this doors/bonnet closed. If still not successful, repeat with hazard warning indicators on.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

Thats sorted thank you. 

Now it appears to be set on fixed service intervals.  Do you know how to change it to variable as it should be with the use its getting? 

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old forum but I’m trying to find the answer to the same problem 2007 Fabia3 mk2 service indicator will not go off tried all the possible remedies listed on the internet but it will not reset.

Does this mean I have to pay Skoda to reset ?

7 minutes ago, Chickenlickin said:

I know this is an old forum but I’m trying to find the answer to the same problem 2007 Fabia3 mk2 service indicator will not go off tried all the possible remedies listed on the internet but it will not reset.

Does this mean I have to pay Skoda to reset ?

Hi, welcome, you're in the Mk3 forum here, you might be better looking and asking on the Mk 2 part of the forum.  Or you could also look at Skoda Fabia Guides or the Search facility.

HTH.