Kodiak VRS

loving my superb , haven't seen any like mine on the roads. Seen a million audi's , Mercs and Beemurs but still think mine is the best looker on the road.

So im going to change soon , seen some stuff on the Kodiak VRS. Artist impressions always look great. Wot you guys think. Will it happen and when ?

Here is a promo video that was released a month ago. Having watched it i can only come to the conclusion that if you want to go around the ring in the same time, save some money and buy a transit van. In the real world though, it’s about time they started using the twin turbo 2 litre in the Skoda brand. 

• Like 1

as its already been mentioned - there will most definetely be a Kodiaq vRS.

the question is - which markets will get it?????

sadly, if VW aus doesn't kill it for Skoda aus, then the "hot climate" will for us down under :(

p.s. u say u love ur Superb, its unique, and looks good, hence u want to change it soon?!?!?!?   i musta missed something, cause that makes no senses!!!

The only fly in the ointment is it will be a diesel engine when the diesel market is slowing very quickly and no on wants a second hand diesel.  There are shed loads for sale now.

6 weeks ago we sold my wifes mint Octavia 2 FL 1.8TSi elegance estate with a couple of extra toys, xenons, metallic paint, maxi dot display and MDI media interface.  In Dec 2016 I was offered £3k against my new Superb 3 combi 280 L & K.  Ohh Octavia had done 55k miles or there abouts and was 7 yrs old.

We decided to keep it for that money and sell the Citigo 5 door sport in white.  Was kinda getting bored with it.

So we sold the Octavia last month (cough and splutterings from the audience) for a new Honda Type R FK8.  Just wanted a quick fun car and this is the business.

But the car was approximately 18 months older and with 62K miles on the clock.  I got £3.6K for it.  The reason for this post is simply to highlight the fact that buying a diesel now makes no financial sense (unless you do big miles) and it will depreciate quickly.  Petrol cars seem to be holding their value very well and increasing in some cases due to supply and demand.

They should have put the 300bhp Golf R engine under the bonnet as they are doping with the Tiguan and Ateca IMHO.

• Like 1

If some1 own a Superb 280 Sportline and want to swap after 3 years to lets say...SUV like Kodiaq, vRS version might me a very good option, but not with this engine. I will love to get one of these with 300+bhp petrol. I have no interest whatsoever in this car and i will go to VW or other brand to look for a petrol replacement. Imo all this "sport" diesel cars like golf GTD Octavia vRS etc. are nothing more then regular cars with some decors, they are just fake. 

10 minutes ago, lukas883 said:

If some1 own a Superb 280 Sportline and want to swap after 3 years to lets say...SUV like Kodiaq, vRS version might me a very good option, but not with this engine. I will love to get one of these with 300+bhp petrol. I have no interest whatsoever in this car and i will go to VW or other brand to look for a petrol replacement. Imo all this "sport" diesel cars like golf GTD Octavia vRS etc. are nothing more then regular cars with some decors, they are just fake. 

Yes but in the UK there’s a strong market for frugal warm hatches. Let’s not forget Škoda started it with the Fabia vRS and were laughed at. 15 years later and near enough all the hot hatch players offer some level of diesel powered ‘sportier’ model.  

It’s a shame that FR, vRS etc etc are mainly a trim level now and they don’t offer an exclusive engine/output to really allow them to stand out.  Though for VAG that’s the whole point of the MQB platform, shared components, engines, etc = lower manufacturing/operational costs and more efficient production lines. 

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:26, lukas883 said:

Would you put the BMW 335d or 340d in the same 'fake' category?

16 minutes ago, PSM said:

Would you put the BMW 335d or 340d in the same 'fake' category?

They're ok, as long as they don't have M badges :biggrin:

Edited by penguin17
  • Haha 1