12th November 2018 - Brisky Racing at Snetterton - FULL !!!

BossFox

Just got my track day insurance sorted today still coming down!

So looking forward to taking the i30N round the track - it corners soooo well.

Still running it in at 370 miles not not given it much zoom zoom yet.....

I may be a little cautious as I’m still getting to know the car!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 19:34, FLORIDA747 said:

Do we have a list of cars for this day out?

No public list no.

There will be everything there from Skoda Citigos to Nissan GT-Rs, with most being more regular stuff like Clios, Fiestas and Fabia/Octy VRSs.

MSV run 80 cars at Snett, Track day operators often run 85 to get their money.

So with only 66 cars booked in there will be plenty of space to get out there and enjoy some open space on track, or drive about with your friend.  Whatever tickles your fancy.

On 11/10/2018 at 19:38, Auric Goldfinger said:

Can one turn up on the day to watch ?

Yes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, niceyellow vrs said:

Ta. I'll be hitting the road just after 5am then :rofl:

I did a track day there yesterday - lunch break was 12:30 to 1:30.  That won’t affect your 5am start though :D

17 hours ago, andsoutham said:

Is anyone staying in the premier Inn the night before? Might come up for the beers and a meal if so.

Yup I'll be there the night before. Usual beers & burger I expect :)

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:10, evtilsley said:

Yup I'll be there the night before. Usual beers & burger I expect :)

I'll be there with a few others, look out for the group of old farts that should be driving with tartan rugs, smelling of wee, choking on a tin of travel sweets. Say hello so they guys can have first dibs on giving you a good ride :)

BTW the Ultima will be there in the morning sometime, its coming from welshland, hopefully still in one piece. I'll introduce you to Jay, he will be piloting it at some point during the day. He's a bit younger than most of the group so he really doesn't know what he's doing.. you can go out with him, you'll get on fine.

Have you written a will and can I have your slippers?

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, B33fy said:

I'll be there with a few others, look out for the group of old farts that should be driving with tartan rugs, smelling of wee, choking on a tin of travel sweets. Say hello so they guys can have first dibs on giving you a good ride :)

BTW the Ultima will be there in the morning sometime, its coming from welshland, hopefully still in one piece. I'll introduce you to Jay, he will be piloting it at some point during the day. He's a bit younger than most of the group so he really doesn't know what he's doing.. you can go out with him, you'll get on fine.

Have you written a will and can I have your slippers?

you REALLY dont want my slippers

Cutting it a bit fine but after supplier issues last month finally getting the braided brake lines and DOT5 brake fluid fitted on Saturday after I complained that stopping 335bhp and 1,370kg REPEATEDLY could cause me some trouser moments next Monday particularly as I will be sitting in the passenger seat of my own car relying on someone else to push the middle pedal. Nice to know everything should work as intended.:@

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

particularly as I will be sitting in the passenger seat of my own car relying on someone else to push the middle pedal. 

Presumably your Track Day Insurance will cover any driver then? :smirk:

Also, if 'someone else' is pushing the middle pedal and you're in the passenger seat, how will the remaining pedals be operated? ;)

2 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Presumably your Track Day Insurance will cover any driver then? :smirk:

Also, if 'someone else' is pushing the middle pedal and you're in the passenger seat, how will the remaining pedals be operated? ;)

The other driver already owns a 320bhp stage 2 Octavia so is used to this level of performance. No other person will be driving the car as he has kindly given up some track time in his own car to to some shakedown laps for me as I was unable to secure one of the first 66 places as the car will only be finished and ready to go this week. Yes to the first question.:blink:

20 hours ago, evtilsley said:

you REALLY dont want my slippers

Tbh you REALLY don’t want to go out with Paul the owner of the Ultima, last corner of the last lap of a recent four hour race below. We don’t call him Crunchie for nothing.:D

7DACB5C2-DCE1-42F2-A9A8-9EE376F94FEB.jpeg

10 minutes ago, B33fy said:

Tbh you REALLY don’t want to go out with Paul the owner of the Ultima, last corner of the last lap of a recent four hour race below. We don’t call him Crunchie for nothing.:D

7DACB5C2-DCE1-42F2-A9A8-9EE376F94FEB.jpeg

Clearly needs more rear wing or more talent from the nut behind the wheel.:cool:

33 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Clearly needs more rear wing or more talent from the nut behind the wheel.:cool:

Dont worry I’ve told him to keep an eye out for a black Skoda, hopefully it’ll just be a glancing blow. .. :biggrin: