Updated Speed Camera SD card files (July 2018) for Amundsen Sat Nav Unit

18 hours ago, chris4500uk said:

So does this work on both MIB 1 and 2?

Good question and one I can't answer as I only have access to MIB2 (2018 Octavia). My instinct is to say no it won't work as the MIB1 and MIB2 systems are very different - but maybe someone else on the forum can confirm that? Also, maybe outputting the data using POInspector using the other available output format (RNS510)  will work?

On 29/08/2018 at 19:49, Pallance said:

I get errors unpacking your archive on my windows 10 PC. I get no errors downloading it and have tried it 3 times. Damn annoying windows unspecified error. Any idea

If you haven't sorted this out yet, its probably down to the method you are using to get the files out of the Zip archive.  I was not able to drag n' drop (or copy/paste) the files out of the Zip using Windows 10 built in file manager because it can't handle the fact that the files inside the zip are password-protected.  As suggested above try using 7-zip (I imagine Winzip/Winrar would work too) - they will prompt for the password when you use any of those those programs to extract the contents of the Zip.

On 29/08/2018 at 19:49, Pallance said:

I get errors unpacking your archive on my windows 10 PC. I get no errors downloading it and have tried it 3 times. Damn annoying windows unspecified error. Any idea

Double post

Edited by Headf0x
Double post.... Why is it when I press Submit the forum page doesn't change? This is why I pressed Submit twice.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely brilliant and very much appreciated.  I have been trying to do this for literally ages both with my current Octy 3 2016 and my previous one.  Did have some success with the old cumbersome method but this is fantastic.

Would it be possible for you to PM me with instructions for adding/including additional POIs.  We caravan and use Archies database of sites covering Europe which I've now lost following this installation.  Also I am in a position to assist you with other regular updates.

Many thanks again for all your effort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2018 at 19:57, Welsh Boyo said:

I have compiled an up-to-date Speed Camera file (July 2018) for the Amundsen Sat Nav using the excellent POInspector software configured for a “Discover (Pro & Media) Navi” SD card. You can download the Camera POI file (attached). The password is my username in lower case with no space between the two words. It's working welll on my Octavia lll MY2018 and may well be OK for other vehicles.

Unzip and copy the zip contents to an SD card (any card will do provided it has a capacity more than 2Gb) To activate, place the SD card into your Sat Nav unit then go to "Settings", "Manage my memory", "Update my POI's" which will upload the data to your unit.

Next, ensure that in "Settings", "Map", "Show POI's" is enabled and also in "Select Categories" scroll down to the camera POI's (FIXED,AVERAGE,REDLIGHT,VARIABLE,SECTION END and MOBILE) and ticked each one. Also, in "Nav announcements"  enable "Note my POI's".

The unit will make an audible  sound when you are near a camera and the display will show which type it is. The Amundsen system is not intelligent enough to know which direction you are travelling in though so you will get warnings for any cameras in your vicinity and that is the best it can do. That should be enough to avoid unexpected fines though!

If you would like me to provide regular updates  (if I can) then please like this post and reply accordingly.

Enjoy :)

Amundsen Cameras July 2018.zip

Brilliant, yes love updates, also do you want cameras sent to you and if so in what format?

Thanks for offering to add a mobile camera near you but what I need to provide updates is complete updated camera files for the whole of the UK rather than by micromanaging the existing files.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Could do with a bit of help if possible please,

2016 Octy with Amundsen, I updated the maps a few weeks ago and all seems ok, saw your post and thought nice one..........

I've downloaded and unzipped to a card using winzip7 on a win7 pc.   That's the only unzip prog I have.  Does the card have to be empty ?

The card I've used is the same (and only one I have at the mo) I use for music . I insert the card, go to settings, manage memory, update poi, it thinks about it  and then the the message no data source found check card or source.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated,

Cheers 

Rob

I have only ever used an empty SD card for this. Your unit needs to be MIB2 as I believe there is a different format for MIB1 units. I find that ejecting and re-inserting the SD card during the update process sometimes helps the system to recognise the update files. I hope this helps.

Thanks for coming back to me, I will get another card and give it a go.

I am away for a few days now so will have another stab at it when I get back, cheers 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2018 at 11:16, Nosnehm said:

Absolutely brilliant and very much appreciated.  I have been trying to do this for literally ages both with my current Octy 3 2016 and my previous one.  Did have some success with the old cumbersome method but this is fantastic.

Would it be possible for you to PM me with instructions for adding/including additional POIs.  We caravan and use Archies database of sites covering Europe which I've now lost following this installation.  Also I am in a position to assist you with other regular updates.

Many thanks again for all your effort.

We use Archies as well so that would be a useful addition. If I want to use the SD card for my music collection is there a maximum size of card that the unit in my new Karoq will read. Many thanks for your excellent post. 

43 minutes ago, Welsh Boyo said:

I'm not sure what the maximum SD card capacity is on the MIB2 units. I have my music on a 32Gb SDHC card and that works fine.

I'm using a 200GB card for music on my MIB1 Amundsen, I would be very surprised if the MIB2 had a lower maximum SD card size.

Wow, thanks for your fast reply :)

After downloading I tried to open with the inbuilt  Apple recommended:

Archive Utility.app (default) and get the following message,

Unable to expand "Amundsen Cameras Oct 2018.zip"

(Error 1 - operation not permitted)

Not sure if this helps - does it require a password as suggested in your earlier post since this is not coming up as an option when trying to unzip on the Macbook ?

Cheers.

Hi,

All loaded and showing cameras on the way to work and surrounding area's.

Not done anything different from my last post except for new and formatted 32gb card, ejecting the music card from slot 2 via the touch screen, insert new card and held breath and lo.................. "updates are available"..............  went through ok and followed the rest of your instructions and there they were on the map, now, I wonder what they sound like ?  Will find out in the morning as it's now beer o'clock

Cheers

Rob

Good work @Welsh Boyo all loaded, many :beer::beer: are owed!

To anyone struggling un-zipping  with Windows 10, I installed the Winzip app on my phone (it's free, unlike Winzip for the laptop which has a free trial period, then they bill you) down loaded the files to the phone then used an OTG stick to transfer to SD card. 

This is great, can't wait to do this later!

I have a few stupid questions first though, I'm going to update maps first but do I put the update on the sd card already in (From the dealer) with the map info on or on a separate card? If separate do I need to leave it in the card slot or can I take it out and it will have saved to the car?

I'll then do the speed camera file but again once it's saved can I takethe sd card out and delete the file off it?

Cheers for helping me with my clearly limited tech knowledge!!

Hi Shorty76. The map card is independant of the POI update process. You only need to update the maps on that card from time to time (I believe there is an update due for this month actually) and you HAVE to put those map updates on that SD card (backup the old CD card files and delete them from the card prior to updating) as card it has a hidden secure code which allows it to function.

The POI updates like these cameras are uploaded onto an "ordinary" SD card and once the data has loaded that card can be removed as the data then is stored in the SATNAV memory (this is conveniently done using the second "media card" slot temporarily). Good luck!

• Thanks 1