Citigo Electric

Ronn

Once there are enough available and they are on the Motability List in the UK Motability will be having enough customers wanting them to buy them & SEAT Mii electrics.  They are the biggest Group buyer in the UK.

There will be waiting lists.  As it is there are enough leasing Smart, BMW, Renault & Hyundai EV's.

A £500 to £1,000 advanced payment and no fuel costs or just a few pence a mile on electric will appeal.

These leased cars will be at auction 3 years later or some even sooner and then on forecourts.

http://pod-point.com/guides/driver/motability-grant-electric-cars

He keeps saying how they've made compromises to keep the price down, no chassis refresh, halogen headlamps etc. etc. So how the hell do they justify the price at £10k more than a similar spec. ICE model? How the hell do they justify a UK price of £23200 when Spanish price is €18k? 

Totally ****ed off at the rip off pricing. 

Looks like I'm keeping our ICE Citigo until prices come down to sensible levels. That £10k price hike will buy me a lot of petrol!!!!

Edited by Luckypants
  • Like 1

They priced in the UK on the fact that it is £19,300 that might be paid with the Government Grant (tax payers money.), or not if the lease companies get a nice wee discount.

A 6 Year interest free loan in Scotland and that is £3,217 a year (£62 a week) for the 6 years and the car will be worth money in 6 years time.

In Jan 2014 a VW e-UP! was £22.242

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 15.38.25.png

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 15.38.56.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

Battery is quite expensive. Some say VW does not get any profit selling these little ev sisters. I don't know about that but they are forced to do something to get co2 figures down. That is probably why they don't offer petrol engines anymore in Europe. 

I predict the Citigo EV will bomb in the UK. 

It will go down like a lead balloon. 

The styling is now very dated & the spec very poor. 

And oh that inflated price? 

My G*d. 

It will only appeal to a few loyal, cash rich pensioners in God's Waiting Room. 

• Like 1

This latest VW EV offering under the Skoda badge will get a lot of completion in the market place. 

It seems to me that VW have rushed these EV City Cars out (updated VW E-Up, Skoda EV Citigo & Seat EV Mii) to gain a head start on the other manufactures that they know are working on similar City Car EV projects. 

VW have done the absolute minimum required to their City Car range to turn them into EV. 

They must think the car buying public are barmy to fall for this prank. 

If I buy an EV City Car, I want it to have new head turning looks, a top spec, 200+ miles between charges & at a price that I can afford even if its more than the petrol equivalents. 

(I expect to pay more for it but I ain't going to pay more just because its EV with dated looks & Bog Standard spec). 

Tough look VW, you've fallen at ever hurdle with you 'new' dated looking EV City Car range at extortionate prices. 

Edited by Ronn

I haven't a clue. 

Have any of the motoring press boffins ever told us? 

We could do a list creating by some smart arse national motoring Correspondent to poi t us in the right direction here. 

Chances are the EU Government's and maybe motoring manufacturers would supress it because if we knew, we'd never buy an EV Car. 😚

Edited by Ronn

Go and buy a new citigomiiup! No wait! There is no such thing. 

I just can't wait my Mii Electric to arrive. This is going to be long winter. But in future no more freezing car. Mii Electric can be preheated (or cooled) by phone application. Also heated windscreen is very nice feature. 😊

Prices have been released

SE spec £16,955 (£20,455 before £3500 electric car grant)

Gets 14 inch wheels, climate control, DAB swing radio, remote central locking.  Charge from 7.2Kw or 2.3Kw home wallbox

SE-L spec £19,315 (£22,815 before grant) adds 16 inch wheels, heated front seats, rear parking sensors, ambient lighting, body coloured mirrors, and 40Kw fast charger compatible 

orders open 10 Dec

Edited by SurreyJohn

I think that leaves us with the following prices after government £3500 discount:

• Citigo E iV (SE) - £16,955
  • Seat Mii Electric - £19,300
  • Citigo E iV (SE-L) - £19,315
  • VW e-Up - £20,150

So around £8 to £10k more expensive than petrol models?  Something like that?

Not fair to compare electric version to cheapest petrol version. Take high spec petrol version and that's what you should compare. And still you can't get same performance/efficiency out from petrol version. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Emil said:

Not fair to compare electric version to cheapest petrol version. Take high spec petrol version and that's what you should compare. And still you can't get same performance/efficiency out from petrol version. 

Before the prices were announced and before the petrol Citigo was taken off the UK configurator I spec'd up a Monte Carlo with all the extras that come on the Mii. It came in at £14380 RRP. The Mii with an electric motor has an RRP £22800 before incentives....