Citigo Electric

Ronn

Free Home Chargers installed in Scotland, Tariffs for EV charging and some free charging out and about, plus 6 years interest free 6 years loans available in Scotland might have some buying their EV rather than leasing.

Strange that the heading says 'Small City Hybrid Car as clearly not a Hybrid.

Edited by Roottootemoot

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Which dealership? Can we see these in the UK yet?

Official dealership in Norway, have no idea when UK gets them. 

As far as I know we are a priority country due to car taxes. 

I am seriously considering one, but having never bought a new car I fear I am put off / going to give up... as per Skoda site it is going to cost £225 a month, that to me doesnt seem a "deal" for what is a very basic car, lowest spec, budget car. To spend £2700 a year to "borrow" a car, thats £8100 over 3 years, then I give it back... do people really pay this? Is there some secret or hidden deal?  I thought this is a  cheap basic, budget car.. 

I read in What Car that the £3500 grant towards buying an EV is being removed in March - not sure why or if it will be replaced with another incentive. If they do remove the grant they will not sell very many EVs!

Edited by rkenny

Good that the Budget is on the 11th March and he can announce the new incentives / grants / tax breaks /rebates.

They could start in April in the new Tax Year.  He can tell HMRC/ DVLA  now if they can be trusted.

The Chancellor can talk many millions and if the cars are not available and the take up is not their it costs just a fraction of the headline figure...

http://whatcar.com/news/buyers-urged-to-take-advantage-of-electric-car-grants/n20713

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_scrappage_scheme

For the same reason the Tax Payers funded the Scrappage Offer that gave £2,000 to scrap high polluting older cars just to end up with Euro 5 TDI's etc being bought, 

& Kia Rio diesels etc, some now scrapped.

It was a joke in 2008 that people could get the Tax Payers subsidy to go by City Cars with Diesel engine, or what ever with no restriction on what they did get.

But then the UK Government had been warned at the time of Scrappage Incentives of VW Group cheating testing.

The Tax Payers are going to pay for the penalties / fines if the Air Standards are not meet when they should be.

The UK signed up to the lower emissions and are failing to reach this.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

Good question! Perhaps it is something to do with trying to ‘save the planet’ by incentivising the launch of EVs. It is similar to the scrappage schemes for older diesel cars which were successful at getting polluting cars iff the road. We need to start somewhere. 

It took older cars off the road. 

Some are the same that are still on the road and that are getting better fuel economy than the cars with DPF's that people then bought or leased.

Cars with Defeat Devices that were capable of false emissions test results.

Actually some with these cars that were financed by the Tax Payers helping other tax payers and also helping the Manufactures and motor trade and banks are what people might change from when getting an EV.

EV's might be kidollogy, but not as bad as the con that is Plug in Hybrids.

If new technology stopped Plug in Hybrids running the ICE while in villages, towns, cities and built up areas that would be Vorsprung Durch Technik.

11 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Well, why should any new car get a subsidy from everyone else's taxes?

Well that will slow EV sales down considerably in the UK & make them a far less attractive purchase to the car buying public. 

Obviously, by removing these incentives to buy, it seems Climate Change & Air Pollution isn't the issue that the Greens & Extinction Rebellion would have us believe it is. 

• Haha 1

We will see if the grants are removed because all that is happening is the current arrangement is due to end. 

Just like the current tax year ends.

Just like the UK leaving the EU at the end of the month.

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 07.19.57.png

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 07.29.16.png

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 07.29.43.png

Hi, I'm new here...

After lots of research, I placed my order for a CITIGOe iV SEL (with most of the options) today. I've had a trio of VW up!s over the years and had no problems, but the last buying experience with VW was quite negative. I still wanted the same build quality and similar spec so Skoda seemed ideal. There was some hilarity at the dealer when, as a matter of course, they tried to sell me a service plan. When I reminded the salesman that the car had no need for an oil or filter change, he was a bit flummoxed and told me that it more or less amounted to an inspection!

My weekly distance is about 50 miles with the odd longer drive so the range on the iV is ideal. I can probably get by with a three-pin charger as well, since I have off-road parking and wouldn't run it down to empty. I know it's more expensive than any of my previous models but the savings on fuel, tax, maintenance, benefits to the environment (and the fact that I plan on keeping it for ten years) are making it an investment for the long-term.

Delivery is expected sometime in March, so if all's well I'll post again with some ownership experience. 😊

• Like 1

@Chris_42

Welcome to the forum.

The e-Corsa i am waiting on has a 18,000 mile service interval according to the info i have, but i know it will be getting an Inspection carried out a couple of times at least before that.

On a ramp, steering, brakes, suspension on what is basically a Brand new model even though the same platform as a Petrol & Diesel version.

@BGB

Do you know what is being said about the Mii Electric / Citigo iV regarding service inspections and the schedule?

Renault Zoe servicing.

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 17.52.45.png

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 17.53.41.png