vRS estate higher at rear

Should it be?

It’s on the correct/standard springs apparently. I just had the garage replace the rears and I made it very clear that they had to be specifically vRS springs.

It’s *still* 15mm higher at the rear, the same as it was before they fitted the new ones. Looks weird to me but I can’t find any pictures to compare it to. Odd that it just happens to be 15mm which I believe is the difference in ride height between a vRS and others? 

So should it be higher at the rear? Have two garages in a row screwed up? Should I just buy the correct springs and fit them myself for piece of mind?

62C39AB5-00F7-4E31-B008-9E9F91E86AF6.jpeg

If you are only fitting springs and not shocks you only have to undo one nut and bolt each side anyway, dont even need to take the wheels off so shouldn't be taking it to a garage anyway.

Awesome looking car by the way, never seen a red vrs estate before, I like 

12 minutes ago, fwdnewbie said:

If you are only fitting springs and not shocks you only have to undo one nut and bolt each side anyway, dont even need to take the wheels off so shouldn't be taking it to a garage anyway.

Awesome looking car by the way, never seen a red vrs estate before, I like 

If I'd known that..! Ah well. And thanks B)

Jack the back up and support.

Use a jack to support the spring seat while you undo the nut and remove the long bolt.

Once the bolt it out lower the jack down and the bottom of the shock should come out of the axle and spring will then be loose, may even fall out of its own accord.

30mins for complete job 

@RobClubley had his red vrs wagon new from factory.. he shall know if the oem stance is raked like above.

Bear in mund he even shipped it to NZ, so he knows the wagon intimately ;)

Edited by mac11irl

First of all, great looking estate you've got there! The wheels really compliment the paint, which looks to be in great nick. :)

Now I wouldn't know the originality of the rear springs on my vRS estate but I had the fronts replaced last year (both sides as well as a host of other suspension components) and it brought the front up a bit. I'd say mine sits pretty flat, although I'd also say mine is perhaps a fraction higher at the front. Yes, I will be getting some quality coilovers when I can justify the purchase and install cost. :D

Thanks guys.

The rears have settled a bit now so I’m fairly sure they’re the correct springs. Tho there is still a little nose-down stance.

Which would make sense when it comes to being loaded up I guess.

I’ll flatten it out when coilover time comes :nod: