Karoq pictures

Cvak

27 minutes ago, Caligula said:

What is the cutout for just underneath the headlight on the right of the turning light. It is absent on some Koraqs with no cut out present. I can only guess it’s for a light of some sort?

It's the headlamp washer. It pops out to squirt the headlamps. 

• Thanks 1

My wife's new Karoq 190 TDI SE L. It's only 5 days old and it's already got 360 miles on it.

She's had three VW Tiguans in a row since we got the first one in 2011. The most recent was a 2016 184 TDI Match Edition.

This Karoq is, arguably, the closest direct replacement for that since the new generation Tiguan increased in size and price.

IMG_3797.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi guys 

Is anybody struggling with the low profile tyres in the edition or sport line? I have just sold my Octavia Vrs which was a nightmare for kerbing and cutting the tyres however careful I was and am worried that the Karoq in these two guises will have a similar problem?

43 minutes ago, Gkcgary said:

Hi guys 

Is anybody struggling with the low profile tyres in the edition or sport line? I have just sold my Octavia Vrs which was a nightmare for kerbing and cutting the tyres however careful I was and am worried that the Karoq in these two guises will have a similar problem?

The Karoq SEL with it's 215/50R18 tyres is less likely to suffer from kerb rash. Our car has more than 32,000km under its tyres and the alloys are still in perfect condition despite the diamond cut finish.:thumbup:

I had a 2014 Octy VRS and appreciate your concerns, even being super careful to the point of paranoia there were two occasions resulting in a slight scuff in 20K miles. My Karoq is an Edition with 19" wheels, no such worries so far in 8K miles, I guess the shape of the car makes it just that tad easier to pinpoint the position of each wheel that was for me anyway just a little more guess work with my VRS. I cannot comment on the Sportline wheels though but I'd guess it would be the same if it's shod with 19" hoops.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Schtum said:

Which one would you take....? 😁

IMG_3826.jpeg

Our 67 plate Moon White Karoq was about as clean as your car after a trip to Gatwick Airport and back. Cleaned it on Saturday as I hate dirty cars that I own. Bit more practical than the Aston and Porsche in the picture.:nod:

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong word

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Our 67 plate Moon White Karoq was about as clean as your car after a trip to Gatwick Airport and back. Cleaned it on Saturday as I hate dirty cars that I own. Bit more practical than the Aston and Porsche in the picture.:nod:

That was 300 miles worth of accumulated muck from driving down from Fife to Lincolnshire to collect the motorcycle trailer.  I was just about to set off on the return journey.  After cruising home at 65 mph most of the way with the occasional 

squirt up to much more in order to pass A road dawdlers, I arrived with 45 mpg showing on the display.  Pretty good for a 190 TDI, I thought. It's also running on slightly oversize winter tyres so that fugure is more accurate than it would be on

the original fitment wheels and tyres. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Schtum said:

That was 300 miles worth of accumulated muck from driving down from Fife to Lincolnshire to collect the motorcycle trailer.  I was just about to set off on the return journey.  After cruising home at 65 mph most of the way with the occasional 

squirt up to much more in order to pass A road dawdlers, I arrived with 45 mpg showing on the display.  Pretty good for a 190 TDI, I thought. It's also running on slightly oversize winter tyres so that fugure is more accurate than it would be on

the original fitment wheels and tyres. 

Our 148bhp petrol Karoq averaged 55mpg on the 150 mile journey to Gatwick and 52mpg on the return trip which took 3hr 45min due to variable speed limits of between 40-60mph on the M23/M25/M1. Long term over 21,800 miles it stands at 46.2mpg.:thumbup:

On 10/12/2019 at 05:44, shyVRS245 said:

Our 148bhp petrol Karoq averaged 55mpg on the 150 mile journey to Gatwick and 52mpg on the return trip which took 3hr 45min due to variable speed limits of between 40-60mph on the M23/M25/M1. Long term over 21,800 miles it stands at 46.2mpg.:thumbup:

Hi Shy 

I did a trip to Gatwick yesterday from Kent, a round trip of 110miles including as you say through lots of 50mph restrictions. The overall consumption was 45.6 in my MY19 1.5 SEL DSG. 

That's a long way off your 55mpg. I tried to be as gentle as possible cruising around 65mph. I used Eco mode. 

My long term after 10k miles is under 40mpg.  It's had 2 cpu updates.

I am happy with this but am intrigued how you achieved such good consumption.

Picture of the car happily towing a 1275kg caravan.

IMG_20190428_100636.jpg

11 minutes ago, Doogle69 said:

Hi Shy 

I did a trip to Gatwick yesterday from Kent, a round trip of 110miles including as you say through lots of 50mph restrictions. The overall consumption was 45.6 in my MY19 1.5 SEL DSG. 

That's a long way off your 55mpg. I tried to be as gentle as possible cruising around 65mph. I used Eco mode. 

My long term after 10k miles is under 40mpg.  It's had 2 cpu updates.

I am happy with this but am intrigued how you achieved such good consumption.

Picture of the car happily towing a 1275kg caravan.

IMG_20190428_100636.jpg

First it's a manual and you can maximise the time the ECO light is on and therefore the time that it's running on 2 cylinders by modulating the throttle position. For example it's best to accelerate up a slope then lift off going downhill, but still stay in gear. I've noticed on longer trips that using cruise control is bad for economy but good for comfort. The cruise will brake the car going down hill which is pointless and wastes fuel. My wife uses the cruise on her commute which is a similar distance to my commute but she uses 10% more fuel than I do when I borrow her car. My 27 commute always gives over 50mpg in the Karoq despite going is down hill and the return journey is mainly up hill.:thinking:

The more I drive this, the more I like it.  It tows this and my other, 8'x5' trailer with ease as you might expect since it has a maximum towing weight of 2 tonnes.  With 190 PS it's just about quick enough and it handles nicely.  Shame it's my wife's - I might have to steal it.  😇

IMG_3855.jpeg

Edited by Schtum
Incorrect trailer size corrected
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Delanor said:

Have just fitted these chrome trims underneath the headlights all down to personal taste but I think it lifts the front end a bit .

Nice.....where did you source them from, China?

Ali  Express at £14 the pair with 10 days delivery no taxes etc they just stick on as 3M double sided tape already fitted but make sure you get them right as once on they are well stuck but easy to do although a hair dryer will help to remove them if needed, I bought them along with bonnet struts.

Edited by Delanor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Delanor said:

Ali  Express at £14 the pair with 10 days delivery no taxes etc they just stick on as 3M double sided tape already fitted but make sure you get them right as once on they are well stuck but easy to do although a hair dryer will help to remove them if needed, I bought them along with bonnet struts.

Did the bonnet struts come separate to the chrome trims or all in one pack?

On 27/01/2020 at 19:40, Delanor said:

They were well packed separately as they were supplied by different dealers but delivered together by our usual postman.

I'm a bit wary with Ali Express since being stung for a quite a hefty Post Office charge that more than doubled the price of a £10 bit of kit.........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...