What have you done to your Superb III today?

10 minutes ago, Bigeater said:

Sorry, I haven't seen this dash display before. Very modern.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, lol 

In any case it's just one of the several displays. I don't use it too often but it's handy when you want to keep an eye on the oil temp (keeps it at the bottom right corner all the time) without tweaking your main display just for that.

8 hours ago, newbie69 said:

However I drive it like @shyVRS245 when any other family member is in so even a 1.5 TSI would have sufficed for that sort of use in reality. Colleagues on the other side, not so much. All that extra power comes particularly handy for those pesky types that always happen to forget their car keys when going for a group lunch at work :D

No doubt these things will return in the U.K. at some time in the next few years!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, newbie69 said:

My points exactly to the missus  :notme:

However I drive it like @shyVRS245 when any other family member is in so even a 1.5 TSI would have sufficed for that sort of use in reality. Colleagues on the other side, not so much. All that extra power comes particularly handy for those pesky types that always happen to forget their car keys when going for a group lunch at work :D

3 baby seats in a row on the back seats works also well to avoid these guys! 😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Definitely!  But "too high" a price just to avoid those guys though, unless you mean throwing in an unused child seat...  :D

It's mad enough with two at home already.

3rd world problems....
...since putting the Eibach springs, the frontend is now short about an inch to clear the ramps!!
Dang-na-mit 😠
Rear end is good, but only just clears the exhaust box.

IMAG4746.thumb.jpg.fe9b9fad7b6b65c3c5f0e294793df9bf.jpg

IMAG4742.thumb.jpg.fdcaa10a2ec3fd3cfdf0ba03926ff5ff.jpg

41 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

What kind of woman is going to give a skoda owner 3 kids? 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bigeater said:

I was an Audi driver, when we learnt she was pregnant of the 3rd one! 😁

5 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

I was an Audi driver, when we learnt she was pregnant of the 3rd one! 😁

lol. At least you didn't say 'look what i've made in my superb iii today' lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

3rd world problems....
...since putting the Eibach springs, the frontend is now short about an inch to clear the ramps!!
Dang-na-mit 😠

Are they your new rear mud flaps?

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

3rd world problems....
Dang-na-mit 😠

The only solution I think of, would be to use your jack to lift the front end so that you can slide the ramp  against the tyre.

Same operating process when driving down: need the jack before the wheels are fully on the ground, to remove the ramp before they hit the bumper... 

For sure, not the ideal solution. But still makes the ramps useful. ;) 

Edited by Bap33

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

3rd world problems....
Dang-na-mit 😠

Get a sheet of 3/4 plywood, cut it in half, glue together, then cut two ramp width slots in it so it's 'E' shaped then slide the ramps into the slots. (measure twice cut once!)

If anyone ever has trouble with a car climbing up metal ladder ramps (because they kick out) then the old trick is to have a strip of carpet around first rung and doubled back under itself about a foot or so in front of the ramp, carpet gets trapped by wheel and the ramp is held so the car can climb.

• Like 2

More like what has someone else done to my Superb today. Some scum bag  scraped the plastic back panel while parked outside my house. £150 to respray, fortunately no dent!!

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, newbie69 said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:     Comment of the month by far

I am saving the mpg comments for when I do the review of the full REVO stage 1 :biggrin:

Which filter type did you go for with the racingline intake? 

I can't wait for the review and numbers of your revo review. And I mean fuel consumption numbers!

1 hour ago, KeteCantek said:

Which filter type did you go for with the racingline intake? 

I can't wait for the review and numbers of your revo review. And I mean fuel consumption numbers!

Of-course! After all if it's not all about consumption figures why else would you tune a car?!  You should see how the lt/100km  figure climbs during the 100-200 run, it would give some people here a heart attack  :D but it definitely put a smile on my face...

I was considering the newer cotton element but then I realized it would also need a yearly cleaning so I went with the typical tri-foam which could also be slightly less restrictive (more of a mind thing really than an actual performance difference I reckon)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Are they your new rear mud flaps?

indeed.....well, there were new a couple of months ago now 😉 

10 hours ago, Bap33 said:

The only solution I think of, would be to use your jack to lift the front end so that you can slide the ramp  against the tyre.

Same operating process when driving down: need the jack before the wheels are fully on the ground, to remove the ramp before they hit the bumper... 

For sure, not the ideal solution. But still makes the ramps useful. ;) 

no, not something i want to do.  if i'm going to jack up the car so i can slide ramps under the tyre, i might as well just use jack my jack stands then.

as mentioned below, i'll get a piece of wood that will give it the clearance required. 20-30 cm will help it clear.

6 hours ago, NJRJ said:

Get a sheet of 3/4 plywood, cut it in half, glue together, then cut two ramp width slots in it so it's 'E' shaped then slide the ramps into the slots. (measure twice cut once!)

If anyone ever has trouble with a car climbing up metal ladder ramps (because they kick out) then the old trick is to have a strip of carpet around first rung and doubled back under itself about a foot or so in front of the ramp, carpet gets trapped by wheel and the ramp is held so the car can climb.

that's the workaround i have planned  - i've got a piece of plywood. 

as u said, i just to cut up some groves so its locks into the ramps and don't seperate when driving up on to them.

Hi all,

I finally had enough time today to make a detailing on my winter wheels.

Tough I had switched to summer wheels several weeks ago, I did not find time to do it yet, even with the lock down... 🙄 Now, that's done!

img_2924-5765e7f.jpg

img_2925-5765e88.jpg

All 4 are in the same conditions. :)

- 1st quick clean with pressure washer.

- Handwash with Bilberry Safe wheel cleaner (25%).

- Tar remover

- 2nd (quick) handwash with bilberry again

- Waxing w./ Meguiar's NXT tech wax

- Final polishing with MF towel.

Happy with the result. :) 

• Like 2

On 19/05/2020 at 11:48, Bigeater said:

Kids probably getting more inheritance if daddy keeps on buying skodas tho!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Only if you do it yourself! :tongueout:

Way too hot to wash the car myself..........I was worried for my personal safety!!!  These lads do a great job for a tenner including tyre black and a bit of a "dash dust"

1 hour ago, k.young said:

Way too hot to wash the car myself..........I was worried for my personal safety!!!  These lads do a great job for a tenner including tyre black and a bit of a "dash dust"

Love the red - self-washed or otherwise. Couldn't live with it personally, but brilliant to see.👍