What have you done to your Superb III today?

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

I don't want to make you jealous with that heavy, thirsty RS offroader you daily.

Funny, Golf R is my daily. Weirdly enough I get the same fuel economy as you do, woah!!! Other half drives the RS, which isn't even thirsty considering that it's almost two tonnes with people in it. 

1 minute ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Funny, Golf R is my daily. Weirdly enough I get the same fuel economy as you do, woah!!! Other half drives the RS, which isn't even thirsty considering that it's almost two tonnes with people in it. 

Got a since refuelling or long term photo of the Golf R to prove what you claim?

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Got a since refuelling or long term photo of the Golf R to prove what you claim?

Not right now no, as I don't constantly take photos of it. I'll do that in the morning.

• Thanks 1

62H68ci.jpg

Where's your long term fuel economy figures? All I ever see you post is since start or from refuel, surely you don't just go on "eco journeys" to post on the internet for 4 people to be impressed?

I would also suggest that your amazing fuel economy is due to your average speed of 42mph while mine is 32mph and the use of Eco mode. And before you have a moan that my car is stock, it isn't. It's pushing just about the same power as your land yacht.

Edited by ZacDaMan72
  • Thanks 1

Zac you've proved what I've been saying on here over 2 years that a mapped car gives good mpg as your long term figure is over 39mpg which is impressive for the power it's producing. Will post a long term photo when I get home (currently at work).:thumbup:

85296B4B-9E30-461F-94FA-B67C6502524E.jpeg

Edited by shyVRS245
Photo added

Can I suggest an economy thread for those that that might appeal to?

On that same vein, maybe a 'how low has your economy been' thread?

To bring this back on topic, once I've mustered some enthusiasm, my car is due a wash and my summer wheels refitted today 😎

• Like 4

So I managed to drag my sorry carcass out into the lovely Scottish sun (it's always sunny here as you know....)

I don't think I'd washed it since early March so the iron out had its work cut out on the winter wheels! 

Just a shampoo and air dry for the paintwork as I wanted to get the wheels back on and tyre pressures sorted before heading back to work tomorrow.

I'm glad it's back on its proper wheels again 😎

20200423_105846.jpg

20200423_105905.jpg

20200423_110649.jpg

20200423_110903.jpg

20200423_123731.jpg

20200423_125503.jpg

20200423_132615.jpg

20200423_135537.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boydeee said:

So I managed to drag my sorry carcass out into the lovely Scottish sun (it's always sunny here as you know....)

I don't think I'd washed it since early March so the iron out had its work cut out on the winter wheels! 

Just a shampoo and air dry for the paintwork as I wanted to get the wheels back on and tyre pressures sorted before heading back to work tomorrow.

20200423_105846.jpg

20200423_105905.jpg

20200423_110649.jpg

20200423_110903.jpg

20200423_123731.jpg

20200423_125503.jpg

20200423_132615.jpg

20200423_135537.jpg

You have been busy. Never snows down here in the sunny Midlands. No need for winters.

5 minutes ago, boydeee said:

20200423_105846.jpg

20200423_105905.jpg

20200423_110649.jpg

20200423_110903.jpg

20200423_123731.jpg

20200423_125503.jpg

20200423_132615.jpg

20200423_135537.jpg

Luv the way you do a proper job and snowfoam your pressure washer too!

Dont you find that `air drying` leaves you with water spots? or maybe your water is so soft up there?

11 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

You have been busy. Never snows down here in the sunny Midlands. No need for winters.

Yes. It's fair chilly up here. I work shift work as well, so I'm up and driving when it's well below summer tyre optimal temperature range. Combined with the quantity of road salt that gets used up here, it keeps the corrosion down on my standard wheels 👍

6 minutes ago, mandp said:

Luv the way you do a proper job and snowfoam your pressure washer too!

Dont you find that `air drying` leaves you with water spots? or maybe your water is so soft up there?

Haha oh yes, a proper deep clean! Well, that, and I got far too carried away and spray half the garden too 😂

I have maybe two or three small marks on each panel but they're not large. One perk of all the water we receive I guess!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mandp said:

To where have you attached the black `earth` lead...cant quite see?

Looks like he has attached (correctly) to the Earth Connection...

26032020 Earth Point.PNG

Today I added front and rear mud flaps to the combi - the pukka Skoda ones from Superskoda.

Pretty easy job, but I couldn't be bothered removing the wheels so I couldn't drill and fit the plastic plug that comes with the front ones.

I trust that it won't make much difference (it's already secured with 3 screws), but I may do it when I  take the wheels off for a proper clean soon (ish).

Now we just need some rain to test them out......

29 minutes ago, cardo said:

Today I added front and rear mud flaps to the combi - the pukka Skoda ones from Superskoda.

Pretty easy job, but I couldn't be bothered removing the wheels so I couldn't drill and fit the plastic plug that comes with the front ones.

I trust that it won't make much difference (it's already secured with 3 screws), but I may do it when I  take the wheels off for a proper clean soon (ish).

Now we just need some rain to test them out......

I've installed mine without (also OEM ones) removing the wheels. If you turn the steering wheel full left you can drill the hole as required for the left mud flap. Same thing on the right... ;) 

Edited by Bap33

15 hours ago, mandp said:

To where have you attached the black `earth` lead...cant quite see?

Indeed to the negative earth connection tab (which was strange as the smaller nut I used was captive to the lead, never seen that before) and the positive terminal (which was a pain, since the nut is not designed to come off fully and you need to work against some mashed threads toward the end). 

Attached copy.jpg

Edited by digifish
clarification of procedure

Today I had the pleasure of leaving my 2016 superb with 168.000 into my mechanic, the flywheel came loose the other night awful noise and clutch didn't stick but became very soft and slow to return on a gear change, the next morning it was perfect the flywheel knocked itself back into position,

So my mechanic has told me it's €980 for clutch/flywheel/pressure plate and baring and gearbox oil, 

Not exactly what I need right now but needs must, 

My mechanic who specializes in German cars has told me the start stop system on the superb is a clutch and starter killer, so once this is done I will never use that system again

23 hours ago, Bap33 said:

I've installed mine without (also OEM ones) removing the wheels. If you turn the steering wheel full left you can drill the hole as required for the left mud flap. Same thing on the right... ;) 

Thank you very much for the advice - I will certainly check that out and do it tomorrow before we lose the good weather.

I just fear my drill might be too large for the space, but I will certainly try.

18 hours ago, cardo said:

Thank you very much for the advice - I will certainly check that out and do it tomorrow before we lose the good weather.

I just fear my drill might be too large for the space, but I will certainly try.

Is such a case, use a wood screw with a smaller diameter than those needed to screw the mud flap and heat it with a lighter. You´ll be able to drill the wheel arch plastic easily. 😉

56 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Is such a case, use a wood screw with a smaller diameter than those needed to screw the mud flap and heat it with a lighter. You´ll be able to drill the wheel arch plastic easily. 😉

Cool tip - well the tip is cool the screw will be a bit hot 😀

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

thanks again - I managed to make the holes with the drill, although I like your hot wood screw idea.

Very inventive!

@NJRJ & @cardo In France, we don't have petroleum, but we have ideas... 😁

Note: If a lighter doesn't heat enough the screw to perforate the wheel arch plastic. A small blowtorch should be more efficient and/or quicker. ;) 

Edited by Bap33

I’ve driven mine for the first time in 5 weeks. I forgot just how bad the standard pedal response is, after removing my pedal box. Even in S mode there’s a noticeable delay. 

Still a lufly car though. I’m sure my exhaust is starting to get a bit more vocal too 🤔