New Brochure Sept 2018 rationalised range

Its just bizarre that the VRS 245 will have been unavailable to order in the UK for about a year if it comes back in October. Surely this must have lost 1000s of sales? 

21 hours ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Wow - in the words of Dragons Den - 'I'm Out' no vRS or L&K no 2.0 Litre Engines Diesel or Petrol.

That is going to hurt sales. :thumbdown:

I doubt it will hurt sales much as ‘halo’ models are only a very small part of the range and as such not massively profitable.  Whilst the new Octavia is some way off, I guess that they are predicting a success for the Rapide replacement next year which is going to be golf size but not a ‘budget’ offering like the current car which hasn’t done well in the UK. 

According to Skoda UK the vRS Octavias were 20% of the Octavia sales in the UK.   They did press releases saying that.

Ford are discontinuing the Mondeo, there is the opportunity for Skoda to pick up sales in that class which the Octavia is in.

Some nippy and AWD models with all the bells and whistles at the right price would be 'Simply Clever'.

Likely though Skoda will put more effort into the 'Fleet' market, with 'Octavia' & Fabia with low emissions,

then the Crossover / SUV's with Sportline or vRS trim levels. 

Then they need to get out the 19 or is that the 9 new models by the end 2020 which will include Hybrids & EV's.

Edited by Offski

3 hours ago, SportLineShaun said:

vRS will return in a month

Can you provide a link to this info,   or is it just wishful thinking and not based in fact

Had to nip into the dealers today, showroom is barren, just a Rapid, a new Fabia, a Citigo and an Octy. No Superbs, Karoq’s or Kodiaq’s in sight. There were no walk in customers in the 2 hours I was there and the service manager admitted it was looking like the worst September for years. August was a good month though as they had to clear all the stock that didn’t meet WLTP.

They have stuff not already Pre Reg that was built before June & can be first registered under derogation rules that they will be able to keep the trade running along with and WLTP Approved vehicles in transit now so that September first registrations will not look like a total disaster.

Its beyond belief that VW won't get the VRS 245 through the tests. They have already dropped the 230 (ie standard Gold Gti engine)  apparently in response to WLTP, so its surely just a matter of time. 

We've already seen that the 245 and the other larger engines are part of the MY19 plan.  I think any suggestions that they have been dropped until the Mk4 are premature. 

There's a 2.0 petrol SEAT Leon on the current approved list, same engine as the Octavia L&K is supposed to be getting I think? 

Does anyone know why the VW group is lagging behind? According to Autocar every other major manufacturer bar Peugeot is now ready. 

Edited by juan27

I thought Peugeot / Citroen were the most ready. They published the emissions before anyone else and were ahead of the game on the WLTP.

So it appears that Peugeot was not, as well as the VW Group.

VW Group hit hard by new WLTP emissions test _ Autocar.mhtml

PKW-Modelle mit der Abgasnorm Euro 6d-TEMP.mhtml

Edited by Offski

Just a thought, if the VRS245 ends up passing the tests with the help of a GPF will it come out of the other end with all of it's 245 part intact? I thought I read that the GPF would be power stealing, hence the superb 190 sportline instead of 220?

58 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Just a thought, if the VRS245 ends up passing the tests with the help of a GPF will it come out of the other end with all of it's 245 part intact? I thought I read that the GPF would be power stealing, hence the superb 190 sportline instead of 220?

The only power reductions I’ve heard of are for the higher power 2.0TSI engines in the Golf R, Leon Cupra R and Superb Sportline 280. I believe the Golf and Leon are down to 290ps from 300ps and the Superb down to 272ps (?) from 280ps. 

25 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

The only power reductions I’ve heard of are for the higher power 2.0TSI engines in the Golf R, Leon Cupra R and Superb Sportline 280. I believe the Golf and Leon are down to 290ps from 300ps and the Superb down to 272ps (?) from 280ps. 

I think the Golf R was reduced from 310PS (306BHP) to 300PS (296BHP).:notme:

In addition to those in the brochure the configurator also has SE technology spec.  It was once a company rep car special spec that was just diesel

Appears now has choice of engine, a 1.0tsi DSG or 1.5tsi manual or 1.6 diesel (manual or DSG).  

Same engines as SE spec (but oddly without 1.5 DSG which is presumably rationed)

13 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

In addition to those in the brochure the configurator also has SE technology spec.  It was once a company rep car special spec that was just diesel

Appears now has choice of engine, a 1.0tsi DSG or 1.5tsi manual or 1.6 diesel (manual or DSG).  

Same engines as SE spec (but oddly without 1.5 DSG which is presumably rationed

I have an 18 plate 1.5 SE Tech manual.

This trim was available in petrol since the face-lift, also without the 1.5 DSG option, although previously the 1.0 was available with a manual.

Edited by just music
Trying to fix quote

13 hours ago, Offski said:

I am surprised to read that Skoda UK sold or first registered more Octavia Estates in 2017 than Hatchbacks.

http://skoda.co.uk/news/skoda-secures-larger-slice-of-uk-new-car-market-in-2017 

Im not, the Octavia design is more cohesive as an estate IMHO and anecdotally I see loads of them. If you said the same for the equivalent VW, Seat or Ford though I would indeed be surprised. 

• Like 1

Obviously we see loads of them.  I do not see loads more estates at Skoda Dealerships than hatches, i actually see less, but then it is only a slightly higher number of estates over hatches first registered according to Skoda UK not loads.

As it is all the New Skoda in the UK are half of just the Ford Fiesta First registered in the UK.  I do not see loads of them other than on Ford Dealerships, but really i am not looking out for Fiestas on the roads.  Still never see that many 18 plate or 68 plate this month.

1 hour ago, Offski said:

Obviously we see loads of them.  I do not see loads more estates at Skoda Dealerships than hatches, i actually see less, but then it is only a slightly higher number of estates over hatches first registered according to Skoda UK not loads.

As it is all the New Skoda in the UK are half of just the Ford Fiesta First registered in the UK.  I do not see loads of them other than on Ford Dealerships, but really i am not looking out for Fiestas on the roads.  Still never see that many 18 plate or 68 plate this month.

One of the things that appeals to me is not seeing lots of VRS hatches like mine. So according to Skoda UK mine is one of 9,500 registered in 2017 but my particular model (245) is indeed a rare beast with probably only 500 sold/registered between August and December that year so will always be rare on a 17 plate. Personally the hatch appears racier than the estate but I know estate owners will think differently and I respect their opinion.:notme:

• Like 1

I popped over to Garlands last Monday and according to their records, the order book for RS models reopens early October.

The reason I want to know is my PCP runs out in January, but they've said that if I order another RS then they can get it extended by 1-3 months whilst the new car is built, shipped and registered.

We shall see.

On 05/09/2018 at 21:37, shyVRS245 said:

Glad I took the plunge when I did with the 245 or by now would probably looking at changing brands and the Hyundai i30 N Performance would have been close to the top of my list.:blink:

How much more is the premium for the 245 over standard vRS, as always seems a bit odd as even with a normal vRS you can get it up to 300bhp on a single map. Now im not sure whats cheaper standard vRS with remap or getting a 245?

Just announced in Australia this week that the 169tsi is being upgraded to the 180tsi with the same diff and gearbox as the 245, although they are keeping the rs245 model which will come with more features and different wheels. Bit bummed out because I've literally just shelled out for a 245.

Looks like a jb4 and some bolt ons will be required