what spare tyre?

Some space savers are real but smaller/narrower than the normal wheel, my "space saver" spare is narrower.

Wife has a Mokka and that spare is smaller overall diameter but still a normal tyre. 

Thanks guys, as the optional accessories list a spare wheel and a space saver wheel at the same price it would appear that the spare is a better option? I realise that both need a max speed of 50 to get you home. I have a space saver with mine and it was a blessing, but to get home I had to do 127 miles which could be a problem if it had been the front because of the differential. If I go for a 4x4 next time that rules out  both the spare and the space saver, what a bxxxxy nuisance they stopped putting a proper spare wheel in the boot. My wife has an older Fabia and it has a proper spare wheel.

The other thing I found when I put my full size spare onto the car when having a ding fixed was that ACC didn't function. This was due to the wheel rotation sensors related to ABS detected different rotational speeds between the spare and the other 3. This is due to the slightly different outside diameters of the spare and the others. As soon as the original was fitted the ACC worked again. But I wouldn't be without a spare. Much better than a tin of emergency gunk. 

So it can be a pain driving a distance if you are used to ACC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

The other thing I found when I put my full size spare onto the car when having a ding fixed was that ACC didn't function. This was due to the wheel rotation sensors related to ABS detected different rotational speeds between the spare and the other 3. This is due to the slightly different outside diameters of the spare and the others. As soon as the original was fitted the ACC worked again. But I wouldn't be without a spare. Much better than a tin of emergency gunk. 

So it can be a pain driving a distance if you are used to ACC.

Did you try resetting the TPM - so that it thinks the different values/rotations are correct?