main main parts replacement estimation based on by mileage

ujtordai

Hi All,

I have a sedan Superb II. 2.0 CR TDI DPF car.

Is there exists collected main parts replace estimation by mileage?

For example

- About 160.000 Km replaced the timing belt and water pump (based on the official guide it should be replace at 210.000 Km)

- About 185.000 Km replaced the Dual Mass Flyweight with a clutch and axial pneumatic bearing, (the diaphragm springs went out)

- About ..... Km replaced the Turbo Charger

- About ..... Km replaced the Diesel Particle Filter

- About ..... Km  replaced (or repaired if it is made by Bosch) the Fuel injectors

etc.

May I ask you guys, to share with us your experiences when happened the main parts replacement by mileage in your superb II CR TDI car?

Of course, I know it depends on the "drivers leg" with other words the driving habit, what fuel used (normal or premium) and, the usage (city or highway) etc.

I use my car in the most common cases in the city (the city is about 80%, the country roads 15%, the highway 5%)

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, ujtordai said:

Is there exists collected main parts replace estimation by mileage?

Of course it exists - it is called the maintenance schedule for the individual car, based on the type of driving (normal condition or heavy-duty condition).

• Like 1

I think the OP was trying to get an idea of what to expect in the coming miles in terms of replacement parts and/or major expenses.  Plus also a defined miles based requirement. 

12 minutes ago, gav_is_con said:

I think the OP was trying to get an idea of what to expect in the coming miles in terms of replacement parts and/or major expenses.  Plus also a defined miles based requirement. 

And that's the exact answer I've given him ... it is called the Maintenance Table/Schedule (ElsaWin or available online) ... the best way to get one is from your local Skoda dealer - say you're interested in servicing (getting a quote) and they'll check, based on your current mileage, what your next service should cover, and you can get the table from them which lists various car segments and their servicing/checking intervals

Edited by vborovic
  • Like 1

It is also written in your service book of your car, what should be changed at given car age or kilometres.

Just for comparison my Superb 2.0 TDI CR has 261xxx kilometers and still has original clutch and turbocharger.

Only things other than regular service(timing belt and pump done at 205kkm), were new brakes twice.

Car was mostly driven on highway.

Edited by Mcturk

6 minutes ago, Mcturk said:

It is also written in your service book of your car, what should be changed at given car age or kilometres.

The service book is fine - if you have one.  A lot of our friends in the UK don't have a service book - Skoda UK made a decision at some point to cut costs and/or lock people in to their system as "its all on the computer now".....

My car (Ireland) came with a service book and everything is also on the computer. And if I ever sell the car privately, the full service history showing all the correct work will also be in the Service Book too.  That's gotta be better than telling someone  "Just take yourself off to a dealer and see if you can find out".  I'm sure I could get a print out but a buyer likes to see things like this on hand.  Its easier than a pile of receipts too (though I must admit I keep them all with the service book!)

9 minutes ago, Mcturk said:

True, in case you still have it, but I wouldn't just rely on it alone ... if your car is close to 8-10 years of age (the service book will normally be the same age as well, unless it had been replaced due to various reasons) ... in the meantime, the manufacturer may have changed some of the service intervals (even 2-3 times), and not by a small number (based on the number of recalls and other inputs from the car owners and the repair network) ... two real-life examples: the company's Peugeot 308 SW was regularly serviced at 20.000 km since ordered ... on the third service, it was said at the official dealership that they have new rules from Peugeot in France, and that the new service interval is now at 30.000 km ... guess what is still written in the original service book ... another example - Citroen C5 2010 2.0 HDi, it had a timing belt change defined at 240.000 km, but due to an increasing number of cars having issues with the belt on much lower mileage, the Citroen directive mandates that the timing belt should be replaced (not just inspected) at 180.000 km ... once again, guess what is still written in the original service book ... that's why I've suggested to always rely on the official service intervals, retrieved directly from the dealerships/official garages, car specific (i.e. not all 2.0 are "just" 2.0 - you may or may not have a DSG, Haldex 4x4, AdBlue on the newer engines, etc ... miss properly servicing any one of those and you'll have a good time with your car very shortly ... :D)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRobinK said:

The service book is fine - if you have one.  A lot of our friends in the UK don't have a service book - Skoda UK made a decision at some point to cut costs and/or lock people in to their system as "its all on the computer now".....

My car (Ireland) came with a service book and everything is also on the computer. And if I ever sell the car privately, the full service history showing all the correct work will also be in the Service Book too.  That's gotta be better than telling someone  "Just take yourself off to a dealer and see if you can find out".  I'm sure I could get a print out but a buyer likes to see things like this on hand.  Its easier than a pile of receipts too (though I must admit I keep them all with the service book!)

Not just Skoda UK, most off all european Skodas now have an "Electronic service book", mine has a book, but from 2014 and onwards all Skodas in Slovenia have electronic ones. VW also did this but from 2016 and onwards, and slowly all off the VAG group will do this.:dry:

1 hour ago, vborovic said:

True, in case you still have it, but I wouldn't just rely on it alone ... if your car is close to 8-10 years of age (the service book will normally be the same age as well, unless it had been replaced due to various reasons) ... in the meantime, the manufacturer may have changed some of the service intervals (even 2-3 times), and not by a small number (based on the number of recalls and other inputs from the car owners and the repair network) ... two real-life examples: the company's Peugeot 308 SW was regularly serviced at 20.000 km since ordered ... on the third service, it was said at the official dealership that they have new rules from Peugeot in France, and that the new service interval is now at 30.000 km ... guess what is still written in the original service book ... another example - Citroen C5 2010 2.0 HDi, it had a timing belt change defined at 240.000 km, but due to an increasing number of cars having issues with the belt on much lower mileage, the Citroen directive mandates that the timing belt should be replaced (not just inspected) at 180.000 km ... once again, guess what is still written in the original service book ... that's why I've suggested to always rely on the official service intervals, retrieved directly from the dealerships/official garages, car specific (i.e. not all 2.0 are "just" 2.0 - you may or may not have a DSG, Haldex 4x4, AdBlue on the newer engines, etc ... miss properly servicing any one of those and you'll have a good time with your car very shortly ... :D)

Yea you are right, but in Skodas case I think they didn`t change anything in the last 10 years since second gen of Superb came out:biggrin:

14 hours ago, Mcturk said:

It is also written in your service book of your car,

I have service book of course but I interested in the practice, not the service book.
When I can expect that when I must replace the Diesel Particle Filter, fuel injectors, or turbocharger?
I interested in just the other Superb II user's practice who already replaced the mentioned spare parts.

2 hours ago, ujtordai said:

When I can expect that when I must replace the Diesel Particle Filter, fuel injectors, or turbocharger?

Those - when they die :)

Just to second what Jafo said, the DPF, DMF, clutch, turbo and fuel injectors don't have a set life in miles/km as there lifespan can vary greatly depending on many factors.

My CR140 is on 150,000 miles (~240,000 km) with the above all being original and I'm not expecting to change any soon.

Three days ago  I got an ERROR code (P0403 00 [040] - Malfunction) the mileage is 203.000 Km.

I should replace the EGR valve ( 7.24809.16.0 ) and also I shud replace the valve which responsible for the smooth engine shutdown (makes a decompression when the engine shutdown), maybe the name is shut-off valve ( 7.14393.26.0 )

Cheers

My CR140 (CFFB) Superb, currently 8 years old / 152,000 miles...

1) New Bolero head unit, infamous 'white screen of death', approx 30,000 miles...

2) Rear bump stops, common VAG weakness, approx 80,000 miles.

3) Rear brake disc guards, a poor design, but one made worse by my regular removing of the wheels (swapping from summer to winters, during servicing etc.) and catching them when lifting the alloy off the hub.

4) Clutch & DMF due to known manufacturing defect at 112,000 miles...

5) EGR valve at approx 145,000 miles. Unrelated to EA189 emissions fix, but I managed to get it replaced under warranty...

DPF, turbo and injectors all still the originals.