PCH Prices dropped before signing contract

Hey all,

Just wanted to see if anyone had successfully negotiated a price after leaving a deposit, but before signing VWFS contracts and receiving the vehicle?

I ordered a 1.0 TSI SE Technology last month and it seems that the offer isn't getting as much traction as they had hoped as it's now dropped to £69 p/m (£2,500 initial.)

The price difference I'm looking at is £15 a month. Not huge amounts but worth pursuing I would've thought?

The person dealing with my order doesn't work on Monday's, so thought I'd see if anyone had experienced this before he gets back.

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

You can always ask. You’re on the back foot of course. Deposit down. They know you want the car. Are you prepared to walk away?

The difference isn't greater than the deposit, so not going to walk away and I'm not "that" bothered about the amount considering the deal was great to start with, however since they don't make any money on PCH deals, if they can do something, then great :)

Well, to my surprise, the dealership was more than happy to reduce the price to match the new prices.

Result - £85 a month for the 1.0 TSI - SE Tech with DSG and paint option!

• Like 3

Just now, penguin17 said:

Result! That's your insurance for a year, a few months fuel etc.  Better in your pocket, than theirs. 

If you don't ask....

Indeed! Wasn't expecting anything but knew if I didn't ask... lol

6 hours ago, gRoberts said:

Well, to my surprise, the dealership was more than happy to reduce the price to match the new prices.

That's a great result! Always worthwhile to ask the question :)

• Thanks 1

On 08/10/2018 at 13:11, gRoberts said:

Hey all,

Just wanted to see if anyone had successfully negotiated a price after leaving a deposit, but before signing VWFS contracts and receiving the vehicle?

I ordered a 1.0 TSI SE Technology last month and it seems that the offer isn't getting as much traction as they had hoped as it's now dropped to £69 p/m (£2,500 initial.)

The price difference I'm looking at is £15 a month. Not huge amounts but worth pursuing I would've thought?

The person dealing with my order doesn't work on Monday's, so thought I'd see if anyone had experienced this before he gets back.

How the heck did you get that price? Can you share a link or something?

Also can I ask if there are issues in taking the car abroad under a PCH deal? Is it a kaffafle getting permissions, I need to be able to go abroad at short notice potentially

Edited by TonyTonic

1 hour ago, TonyTonic said:

Also can I ask if there are issues in taking the car abroad under a PCH deal? Is it a kaffafle getting permissions, I need to be able to go abroad at short notice potentially

First result in Mr (or Mrs) Google.... https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/se-tech-offer/

Something i need to consider as i'm no longer doing the mileage to justify having a Diesel anymore (it's probably detrimental to the car as well).

That's the one. Simpsons however require you to travel to Preston to pick up the car.

My local (ish) dealership beat the deal for me last time I ordered so went back and they've sorted me out again and done great. 

From what I recall you're ok for anything less than 30 days without permission however since you don't have a v5, your insurance "could" go up.

Other than that, past two years have been without any issues travelling etc.

FYI, you can't get the 1.5 with DSG :( 

2 hours ago, AlleyCat` said:

First result in Mr (or Mrs) Google.... https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/se-tech-offer/

Something i need to consider as i'm no longer doing the mileage to justify having a Diesel anymore (it's probably detrimental to the car as well).

Exactly why I switched.

90% of my driving consists of very short journey's and traffic. All the diesels I had hated it and I hated the sound/smell you got whilst waiting in traffic. The only thing I liked was the long distance savings and power.

After years of buying lemons, I ordered my 1.4 SE Sport based on a deal Simpsons was doing and struggled to cope with going back to second hand when it goes back next month.

I mostly struggled to find something that I could get for the same price I'd be paying over 2 years - considering no tax, no mot, breakdown cover, warranty, something shiny etc etc.

The clutch on the 1.4 hurts my foot after a while so always wanted to move to DSG and for £85 a month, why not ;)

That money I've saved is paying for the FSR+ box to give the 1.0 a few extra ponies.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2018 at 14:12, gRoberts said:

What paint option, any? 

8 hours ago, dogdiego said:

What paint option, any? 

Paint option was coridda red, however it was a paid extra that after they matched the new prices... I got for free ;)

They were going to charge me £6 a month for it but worked out a deal where I would only pay £10 extra on the initial. The newly matched figures don't include this, so got it foc.

Dealership's don't make any money from PCH and so long as the figures work, you can ask for almost anything. They can only say no lol

20 hours ago, gRoberts said:

That's the one. Simpsons however require you to travel to Preston to pick up the car.

My local (ish) dealership beat the deal for me last time I ordered so went back and they've sorted me out again and done great. 

From what I recall you're ok for anything less than 30 days without permission however since you don't have a v5, your insurance "could" go up.

Other than that, past two years have been without any issues travelling etc.

FYI, you can't get the 1.5 with DSG :( 

The 1.5 i'd bite their arm off if it could be had with the DSG.

Was sad to see it wasn't available. I'm not sure i want to go back to a Manual now.

I'm a bit iffy about the 1.0 on such a big car.

1 hour ago, AlleyCat` said:

The 1.5 i'd bite their arm off if it could be had with the DSG.

Was sad to see it wasn't available. I'm not sure i want to go back to a Manual now.

I'm a bit iffy about the 1.0 on such a big car.

I know mate, I was lead to believe that the 1.5 was available with DSG by my dealer, until he realised it was specifically unavailable for this trim level.

I've got the 150 1.4 TSI at the moment and it's going to be a jump. That said, the amount of money I've just saved, is paying for a DTUK FSR+, which will bring me back up to the figures I'm used to.

This deal would make an ideal replacement for the Citigo and a great combo with my vRS as a second car with the 1.0 but I’m not sure if I could get back in my car and be happy with my OH’s car having ACC and mine not!! Good luck with it and let us know your thoughts :)

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

This deal would make an ideal replacement for the Citigo and a great combo with my vRS as a second car with the 1.0 but I’m not sure if I could get back in my car and be happy with my OH’s car having ACC and mine not!! Good luck with it and let us know your thoughts :)

It's annoying huh. My current spec is great, but missing the ACC/Front Assist and better infotainment (i.e. android auto etc) - The things I would mostly use ;)

• Like 1

I saw that deal advertised recently by Simpsons, pretty good to say the least price wise! £2490 down and £69 x 23 for the one litre SE Tech Octavia. Many other Skoda dealers will be able to do similar deals on PCH to Simpsons, difference being that most of them like to keep it quiet that there is an option other than PCP open to their customers. Dealers make much more money on selling cars via PCP's as opposed to the handling charge they get from Skoda for supplying a car on PCH.

Edited by AllanDJ

On 11/10/2018 at 13:57, TonyTonic said:

Dead easy, ring up VWFS, tell them you're going overseas, they then issue you in the post a VE103B.

As you're not the registered keeper on the V5, you need to produce the VE103B if requested whilst abroad, to prove vehicle ownership.

VWFS do not currently charge a fee for this either, but it is advisable to give them plenty of notice. They only last 12 months from the date of issue...

https://www.gov.uk/taking-vehicles-out-of-uk/for-less-than-12-months

Capture.JPG.1f2aa537d823941ee1e10b3d516aff4c.JPG

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Amortised, that's £170 / month. What annual mileage is that on?

I've been looking at PCH myself. I've found Parkers useful to find some good deals - they seem to be pointing me at Leasehub at the moment:-

Overall rate for 1.0 Octavia SE technology (inc whatever initial payment from 1-12 X) averages out at a less than £150 / month inc vat for a 8k miles deal. 

E.g. inc vat figures 24 months - initial payment £ 1214.16 and then 23  x £101.18/month - 8000 miles/year = total £3541.30 (divided by 24 = £147.55 / month)

Considering this will include car tax this seems an amazing deal.

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

Anything less than £150 per month (amortised) for a family car / Octavia is very cheap motoring.

For those that like driving new cars, enjoy the peace of mind of always being in manufacturers warranty then this type of car / deal is what makes PCH attractive.

• Like 1

I’m on the verge of ordering the Octy 1.0 DSG SE Tech, either from Simpson’s or Lease Hub. I’d more or less decided on Simpson’s but then I saw this thread. Lease Hub seems to be about £5 cheaper per month overall, and has the added benefit of they deliver the car to you (and Preston is a fair old trek from Coventry!). It’s also nearly half the upfront payment. But Simpson’s have a pretty good reputation...

Has anyone had a PCH from Lease Hub, because I’d never heard of them until I saw this thread (and have never leased a car at all before)?