A warning

bishop_beesley

A warning, to anyone insured or thinking of insuring with adrian flux copired below part of an email I have just received "

As requested, I am writing to say your vehicle isn't covered to be parked overnight anywhere but on the drive at address stated on your insurance schedule" 

40 plus years of car insurance never had such bad service .............

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ask them if you must always park on your drive every night, irrespective of where you are, on holiday, visiting relatives, at work etc etc. because that's how its written.  In that case I'm sure the insurance ombudsman would like to hear about them selling policies that don't comply with Continuous Insurance Requirements

Stupid and impossible to comply with their conditions, maybe they really meant to say should normally be parked on your drive overnight as you had obviously declared this when taking out the policy.

24 minutes ago, bishop_beesley said:

Simply asked for confirmation of where I was covered to leave the vehicle overnight

It's not obvious to me why you'd ask that question unless you had plans to park overnight elsewhere on something other than an occasional/holiday basis?

Edited by Wino

And supposing you park your car on the road outside your house one night and someone bumps into it;are you covered for that?

AF are going to have to clarify that, so Policy Holders can not go anyplace with their car and stay overnight away from the home address & if that the car is back on the drive between lighting up time and the sun rising the insurance is invalid.

They need a responsible adult to reply.

Edit, dark now at 7.00 pm and too late really to get 150 miles home to park insured and then do another 150 miles be back again for 7 am.

Social, Domestic, leisure, pleasure and commuting, just do not go away anyplace or travel!

That will be chocolate.

Edited by Offski

Nope I find it as ridiculous as it sounds as well, I could not believe what the girl was saying, and asked her to confirm in writing exactly where I was allowed to park overnight and that's what I got

Edited by bishop_beesley

Well Guys, thanks for comments and support

After spending best part of the afternoon on the phone with Adrian Flux I'm still no closer to sorting my problem out.

I don't want to go into chapter and verse yet I'd as I'd much rather give Adrian Flux a fair chance to sort  things out before I start bad mouthing them on the interweb

What I will say however is 

Dan@Adrianflux seems to a good guy and willing to help even though his offer of "I will ensure that a senior manager views your issues" has not born fruit yet. 

And

Although Adrian Flux claim that customer support is important to them and detail their complaints procedure on https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/corporate/complaints-procedure/ it doesn't seem to exist and if it does none of their front end staff seem to know it exists, so far I've been told "it dosnt exist" "I can try and pass it on to my supervisor" and finally after I read it out to the lass I was speaking this afternoon "I'll see what I can do"

more thrilling instalments later

• 3 months later...

Ask AF about the "extras" ,such as fee to issue policy/admin fees. I had this for the few years i had an AF policy ,and at last renewal ,this bunch of fees was neatly packaged into the policy. my view " it's a brand new customer policy", so I'll go be a brand new customer elsewhere. "WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN"

Then ask AF how you can contact the firm they hive off the extended payments to . I gave up after being on phone for over ten minutes. Another reason NOT to take out a policy with AF.

Perhaps we should start a post on 52 ways not to insure with Flux ( as in 52 ways to leave a lover). In over 50 years of insuring a vehicle, I've never had so much hassle come renewal than I had with AF.

Edited by VWD

• 8 months later...

I'm considering going to AF for a quote but this is seriously putting me off. Did this ever get resolved? I rarely stay away from home but would like to be able to and visit family in Oxford/Wales without leaving my car without cover...

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

I hate the one to be bumping an old topic but I thought it might be worth answering this.

As per Adrian Flux insurance (read the small print/or ask an agent), your car WILL be covered if you state that your car is parked on your driveway (if that is what you declared at the time). You WILL NOT be covered however if you're at home between the hours of 10pm-6am and your car is parked outside on the street and not parked on the driveway. This would invalidate your insurance as it's a higher risk of parking your car on the street. You would need to sort out additional cover for this.

And yet I bet the question they ask when calculating the risk/premium contains the word "normally".

why dont people read the policy T&C's rather than asking a question of someone in a call centre somewhere who will be selling a will, or gas/electric contract to the next caller?

It is worth a reply here from @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX.

In threads and article i have read, insurance claims can be higher on vehicles parked on driveways from damage from building, slates off roofs etc and more expensive cars on drives.

Also more fraudulent claims of a higher value came from those that had vehicles parked on drives.   Maybe an internet myth, but then an Insurance Company / Broker rep / employee should be able to confirm or deny.