ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Mine says 2019/20 on my unit though?

DE81DCE6-5FD1-454E-9047-0E7F0EE97B89.thumb.jpeg.653e936e4b7937073696276212a2699d.jpeg

Never seen it written like that. I would expect it to say ECE 2019/2020. Did it come through an official VAG portal?

There have been some dodgy VW  'updates' floating around in the past that I would certainly not download onto my computer.

AFAIK ECE2019/2020 should not be out yet. It is not available for mine and it is factory MIB2 Columbus.

Finally somebody has listened, 5GB vs 12GB = 5 hrs download vs 12hrs.

Don't expect to take this car outside British Isles so a big saving on download time. If I do (unlikely) will either download a new map including the destinations or use my TomTom which has updates for life and only takes a few hours to update.

Hi has anyone got issues with the speed sign indicators since updating? Updated mine yesterday using map 1 and noticed today that on a lot of national speed limit roads , I get a 50 and a 60 sign on the display on single carriage roads and a 60 and a 70 sign on dual carriage ways ! Most confusing.

2 hours ago, Olearysp said:

Hi has anyone got issues with the speed sign indicators since updating? Updated mine yesterday using map 1 and noticed today that on a lot of national speed limit roads , I get a 50 and a 60 sign on the display on single carriage roads and a 60 and a 70 sign on dual carriage ways ! Most confusing.

Yep, mine’s doing it too...

12 hours ago, Olearysp said:

Anyone know what the process is if you need more than one map as ear Johnmb's question . Thanks

I would say you need ECE 1 & 3 but I don’t know if that is possible.

8 hours ago, Peegee said:

Finally somebody has listened, 5GB vs 12GB = 5 hrs download vs 12hrs.

Don't expect to take this car outside British Isles so a big saving on download time. If I do (unlikely) will either download a new map including the destinations or use my TomTom which has updates for life and only takes a few hours to update.

It only takes about 20-30 minutes to get 12Gb downloaded for me. 

Has this one resolved the issue regarding the failure of the system to adjust the time using gps when you cross the channel and vv?

If not then I don't think that I'll be bothering with it as my current vehicle is due to go in February. 

The new 2019/2020 maps have been divided into 7 sets of data, I presume if you want both France and Germany on your system you'll have to download Maps 1 & 3? And I guess you'll have to format the original Skoda SD Card as previously? The instructions on the portal are SIMPLY NOTCLEVER! As there are no actual system updates I'm tempted not to do anything and keep using Waze!

I presume if you want both France and Germany on your system you'll have to download Maps 1 & 3?

Not really. Map 6 contains both France and Germany and would be smaller in size than the combined sizes of Maps 1 and 3 put together.

can one download more than 1 MAP onto the SD Card  as you need 2 different map files if needing to include Germany and Spain  Thanks

After comparing the equivalent maps on the VW site it's my opinion that Map 6 does also include Spain and that it is an omission error in the Skoda Map description. On the VW site Spain is actually listed in the equivalent map description. I might be wrong though.

Yes, official portal download and my last nav map was ECE1 2018/19 written like that too.

Mine also states the same as Sasha's.

Mine is also doing the same. I even downloaded a different map package to see if it was the map that I was using that was causing the issue but the new one also produced the same problem. 

43 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

On my MIB1 Amundsen the new maps only say 2019?

That would make more sense. I think that the MIB2 maps should have been given the same title as well because that's how it was last year. We initially had 2018 maps which evolved into 2018/19 at the last update. To jump to 2019/20 makes no sense whatsoever. What are they going to call them next year? It must be an error on their part because the other map packages have also been given the same date description. 

6 hours ago, einrac said:

The new 2019/2020 maps have been divided into 7 sets of data, I presume if you want both France and Germany on your system you'll have to download Maps 1 & 3? And I guess you'll have to format the original Skoda SD Card as previously? The instructions on the portal are SIMPLY NOTCLEVER! As there are no actual system updates I'm tempted not to do anything and keep using Waze!

Uhm, just follow the instructions, and it's very easy!

1642739386_Screenshot2018-12-10at22_58_12.thumb.png.4c704d7638f01f308306593a96cf0c79.png

Compared to my last experience with Volvo where I thought I'd bricked the satnav and almost killed the battery with it taking 4+ hours to update, this is a breeze!

Apart from the weird speed limit indicators, I think the smaller file size of the maps has made the system seem a little quicker and graphically smoother. Certainly the 200+ miles and addresses I've pumped in today have worked fine!

I'm lucky enough to have fibre at home and the download took 4 minutes - it actually took longer to transfer the unzipped file to the SD card!

Cheers,

Nick

10 hours ago, dirtan said:

Did it update properly? And how long time did it take? I guess you can not use the stereo while it is updating.

Sorry for my poor english...

The Amundsen reads the maps directly from the SD card, so the update time in the car is zero.

My Columbus updated 2018/19. No option to chose which maps to download. All this crap on the portal about turning off lights etc. What rubbish. I unlocked the car, bunged in the USB Stick as I didn't have a FAT 32 formatted SD Card available. Locked up the car again and buggered off. Came back about 40 minutes later. Switched on the infotainment as it had timed out with no engine running and sat in the car whilst the last 15% downloaded.

Edited by YMe
Correcting the bo**0cks wot I rote!

So I downloaded both MAP 1 and MAP 3 (I travel to both Spain and Germany) - unpacked MAP 1 to the SD Card - and tested it in the car - fine so far, then I went to unpack MAP 3 - and the programme requested I should delete the data on the SD. Hmmmm! what do I do now? Why cannot Skoda futureproof and supply an SD card with sufficient capacity?

1 hour ago, einrac said:

So I downloaded both MAP 1 and MAP 3 (I travel to both Spain and Germany) - unpacked MAP 1 to the SD Card - and tested it in the car - fine so far, then I went to unpack MAP 3 - and the programme requested I should delete the data on the SD. Hmmmm! what do I do now? Why cannot Skoda futureproof and supply an SD card with sufficient capacity?

Try Map 6 as I suggested in a previous reply ?

23 hours ago, YMe said:

My Columbus updated 2018/19. No option to chose which maps to download.

I think that's an older version map and not the latest one. That might explain why you have not been offered any different map packages.