ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

Downloaded maps and installed okay.

However

The speed limit signs shown have an error!

So far I have found that all 30, 40 and 50 MPH are displayed correctly, but derestricted and dual carriageway speed limits are displayed at 10 MPH low and are shown as in the photo with a shadow sign behind the main one.

This is what it shows on a derestricted road, instead of 60 MPH. On a dual carriageway it shows 60 MPH instead of 70.

Has anyone else come across this issue? 

7e4eacdb-9eb5-438d-8084-da806b6a6c0a.JPG

If you tap it, it shows both. 

It's a feature of the latest maps, to show multiple limits on roads where a goods vehicle or vehicle towing etc. would be subject to a lower limit. 

It is annoying, no one has found a way to turn it off yet.

Seems almost like it was designed with the idea the Nav software could be set to one type or another but this feature isn't actually available. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I would like to say hello to all. 

I have Octavia 2013 mk3 with mb1 and tried to downlad newest maps from the skoda website. After downloading a downloader.exe I have manage to download a 6gb file. Unfortuantely when unpacking with this app it comes with crc problem. When tried 7 zip it comes this same. So I have downloaded again and its this same problem but now on 2% of unpacking and previously managed 66%. Please help as now I am with no maps. Can anyone get a direct link for ECE 2019 for mb1 please. 

4 hours ago, Danbury_Collins said:

The full download is 25Gb.

Well Can you then explain to me how on skoda update portal after typing my vin no. it give me option to download a ece 2019 maps and says 6gb. When pressed to download it give me download app which download 6Gb only if this would be 25Gb it would download 25 not 6. I can make a screenshot if you want. Unless they messed up something that is why I am asking for direct download for mbi1 for amudsen 

The map files are various sizes around 6meg 8 meg etc depending on which regions you select. The old file may well have been 25meg but you can now download diferent files depending on the area you require. 

I am looking at the ECE 2019/2020 maps portal and there are no maps that are shown as being 6GB.

The options open to me with my Vin are as follows

ECE 1 2019/2020 5,00GB

ECE 2 2019/2020 4,00GB

ECE 3 2019/2020 4,00GB

ECE 4 2019/2020 7,00GB

ECE 5 2019/2020 8,00GB

ECE 6 2019/2020 7,00GB

ECE 7 2019/2020 5,00GB

3 hours ago, sgt1297 said:

I am looking at the ECE 2019/2020 maps portal and there are no maps that are shown as being 6GB.

The options open to me with my Vin are as follows

ECE 1 2019/2020 5,00GB

ECE 2 2019/2020 4,00GB

ECE 3 2019/2020 4,00GB

ECE 4 2019/2020 7,00GB

ECE 5 2019/2020 8,00GB

ECE 6 2019/2020 7,00GB

ECE 7 2019/2020 5,00GB

That is because I assume you have a Columbus head unit and mbi2. Mine is showing only 6gb option and says only ece 2019 without 2020

Sorry all - it seems I caused some confusion with file sizes, on the portal I see the 2019 maps with a 25 Gb download size, which is for the Columbus.

The advice regarding CRC failure remains - this indicates a file that has not fully downloaded.

sierzput, when I downloaded my update it took several attempts, before it downloaded without an error.

I would keep trying. Did you copy the old map file from the disk? if you did you could perhaps try putting that back onto the disk and giving that a go. If that works at least you will have a functional if out of date map.

Good luck

If you want a simple direct download of a zip file (7zip to be precise), I suggest identifying your matching radio from a Golf on the VW site and using that, the process is 100 times easier frankly, no vin checks, no ****ing about with skodas daft downloader tool that seems to do nothing more than cause problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenai said:

If you want a simple direct download of a zip file (7zip to be precise), I suggest identifying your matching radio from a Golf on the VW site and using that, the process is 100 times easier frankly, no vin checks, no ****ing about with skodas daft downloader tool that seems to do nothing more than cause problems. 

I'll have a look thanks

2 hours ago, Kenai said:

+1

I downloaded the 2019 maps for my MIB1 Amundsen from the VW website several weeks before they appeared in the Skoda portal.

I did a binary comparison of the VW and Skoda files and can confirm they are identical.

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I downloaded the 2019 maps for my MIB1 Amundsen from the VW website

Just checked on VW website. I have as suggested compared Golf till 2015 with my Skoda MK3 2013 and look like mine just different trim. Anyway I have looked on several maps even for the new cars and all of them are updated on 2018. That is what I have right now and I am  looking for newest maps updated on 2019 which apparently when I go to skoda update and do my Vin it gives me 2019 maps unless they are 2018 update.

22 hours ago, sierzput said:

I am  looking for newest maps updated on 2019 which apparently when I go to skoda update and do my Vin it gives me 2019 maps unless they are 2018 update.

The maps are frozen several months before they are released, so the current 2019 maps were frozen in 2018 even though the date stamps say 2019.

I assume if you want the whole of Europe on the map (well, most of it) you can download from the VW portal. I have an Amundsen 2 (2016 Octavia VRS) so would I choose the Discover Pro on the VW site?

I've just noticed that there's a new file available for my VIN.

ECE A1 2019/2020 - only for 32GB SD.

This is a 12Gb file. Now I don't know what size my card is in my car, but I'm sure it's not 32Gb one.

So where do we get a 32Gb SD card that will work with the Amundsen?

37 minutes ago, Nigeybaby said:

If it's a mib1 then the existing card has to be used. If it's a mib2 then you can use another card...I believe

Tried that it doesn't work with an Amundsen, however it would work with a Columbus system.

I have a 2019 MY RS.