PCP / Leasing deals right now

Hi,

I'm in the position to pick up an Octavia.  Looking at a 1.0 SE trim or above, either Hatchback or Estate depending on what is around.  IDEALLY I'd like to grab one that's already in stock rather than wait for builds.

What's the best way of finding the best PCP v Leasing deals on the market right now?  I've searched via Carwow and some other aggregators.  Where else should I be looking at?

Typical ballpark (this is opting for a higher up front payment, with no deposit it is £238 pcm).

The Hatchback comes in at £143.37.

1.0 SE Technology Octavia Estate

Monthly payments:
You pay 23 monthly lease payments
£174.67
Initial payment:
You pay 1 initial payment in the first month
£1,572.03
Contract length: 2 years
Mileage/year: 12,000
Additional fees:
Any admin fees charged by this dealer
£360.00

Thanks!

I think a lease will fit us better right now.  We're moving to two cars, and may (depending on jobs) move back down to one car in the future.  It would be my car that would be the one that stays though, as it will be the larger family car.

Hence why a 2-3 year deal then decide what to do after that (get a different car?  Just hand it back?) is attractive.

Does that help?

I've bleated on about it that much now that people will no doubt think I'm getting commission :D

I've PCH'd my last two cars, changing every 2 years. Simpsons Skoda are usually a good place to start, but you may struggle with stock/build dates at the moment, since there was/is a popular deal on.

https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/se-tech-offer/

From there, I go to my local dealer, who has matched and then beat the deal, saving you having to travel to Preston to pick up the car from Simpsons.

I've got a 1.0 SE Tech, DSG in Corrida Red coming tomorrow, for £2500 initial and £85 a month. I originally ordered mid September but people ordering shortly afterwards are seeing dates as far as April/May.

• Like 2

If leasing I always start with Leasing.com, you can search for in stock cars and then WhatCar leasing search tool. Other than the 1.0 SE Tech the lease deals have been awful recently, I'm pretty sure all the 1.0's are factory builds anyway and I was quoted March delivery on 19 plate when quoted by Vertu Motors for one.  

I'm at the end of my vRS TDI 2 year lease and the closest I could find was another £50 a month and an extra £1800 deposit for a direct replacement! Ended up buying my lease off VWFS. The post-dieselgate cheap leases are nowhere to be seen now. 

• Like 1

Yep the deal I saw for the new 245 was approx £1500 more than what I will be paying over my 2 year lease.

They're getting more expensive which will drive me down the route of buying my current 245, if possible!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the input.  I'm going through the usual drama of dealing with car salespeople at the moment.  On the leasing front, it's "Yes, we have this car available immediately", then as soon as you actually talk to them it's, "Oh, no, we have to get it built, but we have THIS car available now".

On the buying front, turned up to find one prospective car with a massive scratch down it  ("no idea when that happened"), and then would not negotiate on price as clearly they were hoping to absorb the cost of repair into the car sale, so just waiting for the right mug to come along.

(This was an Approved Used Skoda, incidentally....)

Availability is always the problem, especially at current time

Carwow can be good for finding a deal (there is a facility to look for similar models in stock - worth a try)

For leasing, a comparison site like this might be best (but the in stock flag is unreliable as some companies mark as in stock, even if they do not have stock), so play with the search fields

https://leasing.com/personal/car-leasing/skoda/octavia/

I ordered through Leasehub - all very easy and painless. Ordered 29th October and estimated delivery date of 8th April. 

I went with a 1+23 profile as it cost no more and meant I keep hold of my money for longer, rather than VWFS. 

On 10/12/2018 at 13:06, gRoberts said:

I've bleated on about it that much now that people will no doubt think I'm getting commission :D

I've PCH'd my last two cars, changing every 2 years. Simpsons Skoda are usually a good place to start, but you may struggle with stock/build dates at the moment, since there was/is a popular deal on.

https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/se-tech-offer/

From there, I go to my local dealer, who has matched and then beat the deal, saving you having to travel to Preston to pick up the car from Simpsons.

I've got a 1.0 SE Tech, DSG in Corrida Red coming tomorrow, for £2500 initial and £85 a month. I originally ordered mid September but people ordering shortly afterwards are seeing dates as far as April/May.

I've got my quote through.  Current lead time is 25 weeks (!)

7 minutes ago, Mewcenary said:

I've got my quote through.  Current lead time is 25 weeks (!)

Not good huh. You may find some that have been ordered but cancelled after they have been built/shipped.

Failing that, there may be some other deals your dealer(s) can try and wangle, but I imagine at the moment, availability in general is pants :( 

OP I've been in same boat as you and ended up buying a pre-reg last week as never having got a new car before I didn't realise I'd have to wait. I was very much of the view "my current car needs replacing, those PCH deals look good, I'll have one of those" imagine my surprise when I was being told April+ for delivery. I contacted various lease providers and very little (if any) availability.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

Skoda is terrible for lead times though. I have leased a Qashqai and Corsa previously and the cars were on the drive well within two weeks of ordering.

Surely that's a good sign? Cars readily available to purchase are usually either old stock, pre-reg or undesirable.

Having to wait means they are popular enough.

On 10/12/2018 at 17:19, maffyou said:

I ordered through Leasehub - all very easy and painless. Ordered 29th October and estimated delivery date of 8th April. 

I went with a 1+23 profile as it cost no more and meant I keep hold of my money for longer, rather than VWFS. 

I'm looking at Leashub as well £151 /month 3+23 profile for an Octavia 1.0 SE technology

1 hour ago, gRoberts said:

Surely that's a good sign? Cars readily available to purchase are usually either old stock, pre-reg or undesirable.

Having to wait means they are popular enough.

True. Or the manufacturer has the capacity to build enough cars to satisfy demand. Wonder how many cars Skoda would sell if the lead times were more acceptable.

Lead times seem to be quite variable to say the least right now, I ordered at the end of October and was told originally that I'd get it sometime in March/ April. As far as I know my car is being built this week and will be in the UK sometime in January, which is a lot faster than I was expecting but I'll wait until March 1st to get it as my current PCH car deal finishes at the end of February anyway and if it is a snowy winter the Yeti might be quite handy!

Edited by AllanDJ

31 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

I ordered a Qashqai and had a 4 week wait, was built to order. 

Aren’t they built in the UK? Won’t have to travel very far if they are built here :) Not that I imagine Skoda’s terrible lead times are a transport issue. When buying the Citigo I could have the one in the showroom the next day, one from group stock in 3 days or build one to order and it would have arrived after the 0% offer ended 4 months later!! I wonder why that was...

It's one of those situations that most companies face. Scale up too big/quickly and find your self struggling to get rid of excess stock. 

Then you have to deal with not everyone wants the same cars.

I imagine they will always build x of each trim/colour but popularity saw those disappear quickly ;)

9 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

I ordered a Qashqai and had a 4 week wait, was built to order. 

Same here, that’s what I’m currently replacing. I think I waited 3 weeks for mine but that was only to get the September Reg, the car was in at the dealers about a week after I ordered so it must’ve already been built. And yes, they’re built in Newcastle. However I’ve been mostly disappointed with my Qashqai and can’t wait to get behind the wheel of an Octavia again! (I had a Mk2 Octy before). 

9 hours ago, bigjohn said:

I'm looking at Leashub as well £151 /month 3+23 profile for an Octavia 1.0 SE technology

I think mine is about £167 on 1+23 for the same engine, hatchback, DSG. Great price!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maffyou said:

I think I waited 3 weeks for mine but that was only to get the September Reg, the car was in at the dealers about a week after I ordered so it must’ve already been built. And yes, they’re built in Newcastle.

Just don't repeat that to anyone living in Sunderland. :D

If you're going PCP then I'd suggest putting your details in Carwow and Drivethedeal.

Otherwise, if PCH check out Leasing.com, Leasehub, Carleasingonline. Parkers used to be good but for some reason they've used a 3rd party to supply lease deals and its atrocious. Whatcar also have a leasing section just for main dealers to post up.

And ultimately, lead times are loooong at the minute. I did see a few PCP deals on nearly new SE Tech's (I was looking for pictures of what mine would look like) and I honestly couldn't believe the price difference. They were £300+ a month, when there around £200 a month for a brand new lease (on a 1+23 deal for example). 

I would ring a few dealers and leave your details with the PCH teams to ask if you could grab any cancelled orders etc if you're not fussy about colour etc.

I ordered my 1.0 SE Tech Estate DSG through Bristol Street Motors / Vertu motors. £200 a month on a 1+23. Highly recommended if you do end up going down that route. 

Good luck!

• Like 1