Hands Free Phone Kits

KentStu

In Friday mood are we Rob? :wave: They actually tested 6 different makes / systems in each category but i've only listed the 1st ("Best Buy") and 2nd ("Recommended") place in each category. .... of course you are free to buy whichever system you like :p

In Friday mood are we Rob?

I'm not doing any work, if that's what you mean? :p

Just seems a bit strange how they wouldn't recommend the best buy! Think a good ol' fashion 1st and 2nd place would be better. And if I had to make up my own mind about which to buy, what's the point in the review anyway? ;)

Rob.

So out of the CX3000 and the Cark91 which is the easiest to fit and in "real" peoples view the recommended to use for a Symphony unit?

Cant talk about the Cark91, but now I have soundproofed the back of the mic on my Parrot that is brilliant, and hidden (the mic is in the dashboard in a blanking plate with a hole drilled out for the mic next to the rear demister button).

I recomend it especially if you have a SE phone as it supports bluetooth extended menus (which as far as I know the Nokia's dont yet)

Very easy to install, the ISO connectors you get plug straight into the VAG equipment. The most difficult thing to do was to find a place where you can get the black box to sit that it wont rattle, in the end I bubble wrapped (dont laugh) it and squeezed it into the cavity above left (between centre console and the glove box) and it sits there nicely. I also put the microphone in the dash (didnt want to strip the A pillar down to get it behind the rear view mirror), I drilled a hole the same size as the mic end piece into a spare (60p from dealer) blanking plate next to the rear view defroster button, then sound proofed the back of it (the dash is very noisy inside) with some bluetac (again dont laugh) it's hardly visible and works a treat!

I have opted for the Sony Ericsson T610 and SE HBH-65 Bluetooth headset. That combo gave me handsfree phone operation driving my son's 200SX to Hitchen for servicing today, and in the Nissan Micra loan car for the return journey. And that in addition to handsfree phone operation while walking around. Seems a pretty good compromise to me.

I have opted for the Sony Ericsson T610 and SE HBH-65 Bluetooth headset. That combo gave me handsfree phone operation driving my son's 200SX to Hitchen for servicing today, and in the Nissan Micra loan car for the return journey. And that in addition to handsfree phone operation while walking around. Seems a pretty good compromise to me.

They are good, but you end up looking like a prize tw4t who was rejected from a star trek or claims direct advert audition

I had my car Kit fitted 18 months ago and the guys made a bracket up that bolts to an original screw behind the Fo carbon fibre centre trim, great no holes in the dash. Also I had the mic mounted behind the tiny grill in the interior light housing, keeps it nice and neat.

They are good, but you end up looking like a prize tw4t who was rejected from a star trek or claims direct advert audition
A small price to pay for being able to use a handsfree kit almost anywhere - and as certain black vRS owners will confirm, I am neither a follower nor slave of fashion.

I am neither a follower nor slave of fashion.

He says, with his dinky lil T610 :p

How's the phone Denis?, i'm thinking of a new one myself after :xmas:

I might bite the bullet and buy a SIM-free one though, i don't fancy going back on a contract, unless i can get one with a decent amount of minutes & msg's thrown in...

Anyone actually using a Pama Plug n Go in the Octavia as the cigarette lighter is almost behind you. I searched and found one very negative opinion and in this thread one almost positive.

Anyone with the casting vote.

On the Parrot device where do you get the 12 volt supply from?

I tried one of these and found it to be totally useless. The lighter socket is awkwardly placed in the Octy and it is difficult to get the thing to fit properly. When it was working, it was just about usable around town but inaudible at any sort of speed.

I've since had a Halfords unit fitted which works very well.

I had the Pama plug n go, worked "ok" in the Citroen ZX, really well in the Ford Focus hire car (cigar socket to left of instruments) and hopeless in the octavia.

Nokia 7650 has a hands free mode, but it's a bit quiet. Have fitted a dash cradle for it and will use for now, but more suited to town driving \ sitting in traffic than motorway noise.

Might try a Pama plug n go that mounts better, or I have a full Nokia car kit for my 6210, may swap to that for in the car.

(failing that does anyone want to buy a full Nokia CARK91?)

if you get one of these and velcro it to the carpet in the passenger footwell closest to the centre console as possible then a power supply is no problems for one of the clip on the vent handsfree phone jobbies there you go saved ya

Cool...

So I need:

Charger for my phone

Charger for work phone

Charger for Sandra's phone

Power for my Geodesey

Power for the GameGear \ TV for kids.

Hmm, visualising 6 sockets mounted across the dash.....

(and still have space for the flux capacitor :D)