Scorpion or Milltek & Resonated or Non-Resonated

So opinions on exhausts. Lots of options available but probably going down the Milltek or Scorpion route but what’s the best option??

Also is the non-resonated system that much louder and how are they at motorway speeds? I do a lot of miles so don’t want anything boomy.

29 minutes ago, Chris245 said:

So opinions on exhausts. Lots of options available but probably going down the Milltek or Scorpion route but what’s the best option??

Also is the non-resonated system that much louder and how are they at motorway speeds? I do a lot of miles so don’t want anything boomy.

@Muzza80 has for sale his old setup in the parts for sale section, he's probably gonna give you the most open, honest & knowledgable opinion of anyone.

30 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

@Muzza80 has for sale his old setup in the parts for sale section, he's probably gonna give you the most open, honest & knowledgable opinion of anyone.

Ta muchly!

Just looked and £995 for the downpipe!!

18 hours ago, Chris245 said:

Yes - non-resonated is very much boomy (as Octy III's have very little sound dampening). I had my turbo-back full Scorpion system added, and drove for 2 months with it non-res., before making the decision to 'unbleed' my ears by adding in the centre silencer. Sound still exciting and suitably loud!

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Quality over quantity matey

One bloody hundred percent. Pay peanuts, get monkeys...

1 minute ago, Ads230 said:

Yes - non-resonated is very much boomy (as Octy III's have very little sound dampening). I had my turbo-back full Scorpion system added, and drove for 2 months with it non-res., before making the decision to 'unbleed' my ears by adding in the centre silencer. Sound still exciting and suitably loud!

One bloody hundred percent. Pay peanuts, get monkeys...

Thats perfect what exactly what I needed to know, so will be getting a resonanted system.

Quality all the time, but £990 for a downpipe when Milltek, Scorpion, Remus and others are out there....just cannot justify.

Now to decided on Milltek or Scorpion.....??

Get a quote for bespoke system  (down pipe would be cheaper than £995) from Power flow

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk 

or Long life

https://www.longlife.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhausts?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6ozhBRC8ARIsAIh_VC0YfZhUF69_8yZtD1hHAItelJN7w5DWAYSdXkOmfAD1W0YXiQZa1vYaArCqEALw_wcB

Tony Banks based in Leeds

https://www.tonybanks.co.uk

is a recomended Longlife fitter.

On my 1.2 TSI fabia cost £760 for full stainless system at factory bore size with sports cat and two resonator boxes. Wanted it quiet, stealth mode and still has all the power (142hp)

Edited by Kenrw8

1 hour ago, Kenrw8 said:

Get a quote for bespoke system  (down pipe would be cheaper than £995) from Power flow

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk 

or Long life

https://www.longlife.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhausts?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6ozhBRC8ARIsAIh_VC0YfZhUF69_8yZtD1hHAItelJN7w5DWAYSdXkOmfAD1W0YXiQZa1vYaArCqEALw_wcB

Tony Banks based in Leeds

https://www.tonybanks.co.uk

is a recomended Longlife fitter.

On my 1.2 TSI fabia cost £760 for full stainless system at factory bore size with sports cat and two resonator boxes. Wanted it quiet, stealth mode and still has all the power (142hp)

I can recommend Tony Banks, got one made up by him myself.

2 hours ago, Chris245 said:

Thanks all. Heard good things about Tony Banks but a little far to go for me.

Go to longlife or powerflow website that I linked put in requirements and search for fitter close by.

If your after a sports cat not many powerflow fit, longlife majority do.

My system is powerflow cat back then longlife (Tony Banks) sports Cat down pipe, cuz local powerflow fitters don't do down pipes

Ken

Edited by Kenrw8

19 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

...wife hasn't noticed it's got a Milltek stainless exhaust fitted.:blink:

My other half knew all about it, and now she's obsessed with making it pop on downshifts coming into roundabouts off dual-carriageways.

I'd pick her up on it, except she can heel-toe better than I can and hasn't once kerbed anything of mine she's driven. So... I think I'll keep quiet and quietly Stage 2 it when she's not looking ;)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ads230 said:

My other half knew all about it, and now she's obsessed with making it pop on downshifts coming into roundabouts off dual-carriageways.

I'd pick her up on it, except she can heel-toe better than I can and hasn't once kerbed anything of mine she's driven. So... I think I'll keep quiet and quietly Stage 2 it when she's not looking ;)

Before Xmas my wife borrowed my car and then fell ill at work so her Boss suggested a work colleague drive her to the nearest hospital to get checked out. Probably the first time that lady has driven a Skoda with 336bhp and she commented to my wife that it made a nice noise but she didn't say how quick it was!:o

I've been deliberating exactly this!

A Remus valved system would be lovely but I just can't justify the outlay (circa £2000 for the cat-back alone) and Tony Banks is too far away.  So it's Scorpion vs Milltek.  I had a Scorpion resonated cat-back on my previous car (490bhp Audi S4) and was well pleased with it - it had a lovely tone under load but absolutely no motorway drone and the quality was superb.  The research I've done on this forum strongly suggests that Scorpion have achieved the same with their resonated system for the Octavia so I'll be going with that for mine in the next few months, adding a sport cat downpipe later in the year when I'm ready for stage 2.

3 minutes ago, jaygemson said:

I've been deliberating exactly this!

A Remus valved system would be lovely but I just can't justify the outlay (circa £2000 for the cat-back alone) and Tony Banks is too far away.  So it's Scorpion vs Milltek.  I had a Scorpion resonated cat-back on my previous car (490bhp Audi S4) and was well pleased with it - it had a lovely tone under load but absolutely no motorway drone and the quality was superb.  The research I've done on this forum strongly suggests that Scorpion have achieved the same with their resonated system for the Octavia so I'll be going with that for mine in the next few months, adding a sport cat downpipe later in the year when I'm ready for stage 2.

Exactly what I am doing.

Deomn Tweeks are the cheapest around for the Scorpion and they are offering up to 4yrs interest free.

I have gone for 2yrs and £17 per month after the deposit. Will do downpipe later in the year.

On 27/12/2018 at 11:28, Chris245 said:

Thanks all. Heard good things about Tony Banks but a little far to go for me.

Hey Chris

I went with a custom build cat back system, see some pictures and video at the link below. Initially it was non-resonated but under acceleration this just got too boomy so eventually when back to resonated but a smaller resonator.

In the below post I have a video of the non-resonated setup, now that it has been resonated again some of this nice crackle is gone but still way better than stock.