How much power can you get out of a vrs estate?

I'm only interested in the diesel version (manual).

I was just wondering how much power can you get from a vrs estate, the model specificity is the Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI CR DPF vRS 5dr 'estate' 2014 to 2018.

Average mpg 61.4 mpg, Engine power 181 bhp, Acceleration (0-60mph) 7.9 seconds, Top speed 143 mph, Drivetrain Front Wheel Drive.

How much power would you be looking at with stage 1 through 3 remaps? (I understand to go for a stage 2 - 3 remap you will probably have to modify the car, like turbo charger upgrade and exhaust and air intake upgrade, which will increase power)

Also does anyone have any in site to this car remapped and the driving experience on the road? For example can how well it put the power down and such?

Edited by cameronacer

Most decent tuners (such as AmD in Essex) would be able to extract 220-230bhp and 480-500NM of torque from this engine. Using BP Ultimate and Shell V-Power diesel will also help because they have been shown to give an extra 6bhp alone compared to cheaper regular diesel. Citreon 2.0Tdi 155bhp on supermarket diesel and 161bhp with the above 2 brands due to higher Cetane content.:biggrin:

• Like 1

@shyVRS245,

do you know the actual Cetane rating of Shell V-Power Nitro Diesel in the UK compared to Shell Diesel or BP Ultimate over BP Diesel?

What does it show on the pumps for the cetane of their Premium Diesel over standard diesel?

They only mention better performance from the cleaning properties in their 'advertising'.  

Edited by Skoffski

4 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

^^^ 

Do you know the Cetane Number that Royal Dutch Shell & BP are giving for their Premium Diesel & Standard Diesel @ the pumps in the UK?

I must look next time i am ever at a Shell or BP station which is never.

Don't really care last time I bought any diesel was April 2016 when I traded in my Vrs Tdi DSG Octavia for the superior Superb 1.4Tsi manual (easy 700 miles per tank compared to 500 miles in the diesel).:tongueout:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

After 18 months of ownership of a mapped vrs tdi then i have easily concluded it's a pointless and somewhat joyless exercise in onwing a "perfoirmance diesel" from VAG. It isn't and the economy is rubbish. Better off buying a 230PS vrs, maps to around 300, and you'll still get high 30s mpg maybe low 40s with care. my diesel gets 48 with care, and it's not that much fun to drive tbh.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stever750 said:

After 18 months of ownership of a mapped vrs tdi then i have easily concluded it's a pointless and somewhat joyless exercise in onwing a "perfoirmance diesel" from VAG. It isn't and the economy is rubbish. Better off buying a 230PS vrs, maps to around 300, and you'll still get high 30s mpg maybe low 40s with care. my diesel gets 48 with care, and it's not that much fun to drive tbh.

I came to that same conclusion back in August 2017 moving from a standard 181bhp diesel Vrs to my current car. Chalk and cheese yes. Diesel seemed fast and got 45-47mpg. Vrs245 is fast and averaged 39.57mpg over 20,000 miles. :thumbup:

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:08, shyVRS245 said:

I came to that same conclusion back in August 2017 moving from a standard 181bhp diesel Vrs to my current car. Chalk and cheese yes. Diesel seemed fast and got 45-47mpg. Vrs245 is fast and averaged 39.57mpg over 20,000 miles. :thumbup:

did you try any of the 230s?

is yours DSG or manual?

I'm going to be chaining mine in the next 18 months and looking at moving to petrol as I don't do the miles anymore and wondered what they're like to live with

Mine is the manual and drives great. Auric Goldfinger had a 230 before buying the 245 recently and he said that the power in the 230 seems to come in higher up the rev range than the 245. Will post a picture of mine at all 3 stages so you can see the difference.:movie:

• 1 month later...

for a diesel the absolute maximum is around 290 as above in the darkside videos. limitations are down to the design of the head, on the flip side you only pay £30 road tax...

i have the DSD turbo , dpf and EGR replacements, CP3 pump and am running around 240-250 bhp with a CRDT3+ tuning box, ill be travelling over hopefully for a proper remap by DSD in the next few months. stock injectors and intercooler are good for 300+ bhp so dont need modification  

Edited by JohnnyType2

On 30/05/2019 at 14:10, JohnnyType2 said:

for a diesel the absolute maximum is around 290 as above in the darkside videos. limitations are down to the design of the head, on the flip side you only pay £30 road tax...

i have the DSD turbo , dpf and EGR replacements, CP3 pump and am running around 240-250 bhp with a CRDT3+ tuning box, ill be travelling over hopefully for a proper remap by DSD in the next few months. stock injectors and intercooler are good for 300+ bhp so dont need modification  

Which turbo kit have you gone for and did you go straight through exhaust ?

10 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I have the GTB2260VK kit and no i have a Freidrick Motorsport Stainless setup, noise coming from a kufatec unit. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I have the GTB2260VK kit and no i have a Freidrick Motorsport Stainless setup, noise coming from a kufatec unit. 

Johnnytype2 is your turbo kit GTB2260VK with the billet wheel as well. 

non billet wheel and the setup is good for 286 as this is the max you can squeeze from this engine. you can spend alot more on water/meth/NO2 but this isnt and wont be a track car. I just want to surprise the odd beamer or golf :giggle:

if you check out the DSD GTD youtube video you can see the figures and explanation of the limitations of this engine.

2 hours ago, Ash007ks said:

I've seen that video but didn't he have the head slightly changed with bigger valves to get that figure ?

yes, im not expecting to get 290ish as the big power is in high lift cams which isnt possible due to the design. I reckon theres about 10K of work in that car for an extra 100bhp, thats not economic, it would be cheaper to trade in for a TSI

Edited by JohnnyType2

I think for around £2000-2800 ( if my maths are correct) you can generally get the VRS TDI to around 270 bhp and just over 470ftlb

Edited by Ash007ks