Dashcam install - Can anyone beat this price?

Hi,

Have a NextBase camera.  Have the hard-wiring kit ready to go, so 'all' that needs doing is to route the wires into the glove box under the fascia etc.

Quote from my nearest main Skoda dealer?

£336 for hidden wires.  £134 for non-hidden wires  (as in, just plugging one end of a cable into the fuse box).

That is probably a record.

More likely because Skoda don't really want the job.

I paid £300 just before Christmas for the supply & installation of Front & Read Thinkware cameras. I could have bought the cameras and fitted them myself for a lot less, however I didn't fancy routing that rear camera and if they were doing that one they might as well be doing both of them.

Find a local Dashcam installer rather than Skoda I'd say.

The most complicated parts are removing the pillar trim (I had to pull up and then out) and the glove box. Done it twice now and it's simple. 

The only thing to watch out for is the airbag in the pillar and the trim clips, as they don't pull out the way you'd expect them too.

5 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

Obviously you dealer doesn’t want the job, as Skoda dealers offer a Nextbase 312 hardwired for £180. My local dealer fitted mine.

The ‘hilarious’ point here is that my dealer had the exact same offer and price pinned up next to the service desk. 

• Haha 1

Fitted a front and rear Blackvue myself in half a day with info from the forum 

Just one thing from this video, he crosses the airbag with the cable - could get messy if the airbag deploys....

1 hour ago, lway said:

Wow, 336 pounds just to follow this video :)

3 hours ago, JohnLD said:

Hi

Can I ask which fuse position you used and did you find one that was only live when the ignition was switched on

Thanks

46 if I remember

Have a look on the video at about 7 minutes 15 seconds ish

• 2 weeks later...