Anyone want a Skoda Octavia 1.0Tsi SE Tech on a cheap lease?

Hi all,

I'm going to cancel my Skoda order. A couple of reasons: 1) I STILL don't have a build date, over 2 months after placing the order! I suspect it won't arrive until April/May or later, and my current lease goes back at the end of March. 2) I've found a couple of great deals on either a Golf GTi or an Audi A5 - more expensive than the Skoda of course but pretty special cars in their own right! I had planned to get an older fun car (think Boxster, maybe!) alongside the Skoda, but that plan's changed now so I need a car that's practical and fun all rolled into one!

The deal I got was directly from Skoda - Garland Skoda in Aldershot - and worked out at £2,473 down (includes the space saver spare wheel rather than the tyre foam) and £59.63 (I think, defo just under £60) per month over 2 years. So around £3,850 in total over 2 years - an amazing deal! I opted for the red paint and got that thrown in for free.

I haven't got in touch with them yet to cancel the order as I wanted to ask around to see if anyone is interested in having it? I don't know for certain if they will transfer it to someone else, but I can't see why they wouldn't, especially as I can cancel with no penalty. 

If anyone is interested, please PM me - first come first served - with your e-mail address. I can then ask Skoda if they will transfer the deal, and if so I'll send them your e-mail address.

Thanks

Z

Got to agree with The Wanderer, I used them for a year or so when I had my Twindoor and they were very good. My only issue with them is the parking around their site is terrible!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zeddicus said:

The deal I got was directly from Skoda - Garland Skoda in Aldershot - and worked out at £2,473 down (includes the space saver spare wheel rather than the tyre foam) and £59.63 (I think, defo just under £60) per month over 2 years. So around £3,850 in total over 2 years - an amazing deal! I opted for the red paint and got that thrown in for free.

This has to be a scam, or a joke or a very confused punter. No one will do a 2 year lease on a brand new Octavia at those prices. Maybe you mean per week or not told the full story.

Edited by xman

Erm @xman it’s definitely NOT a scam, not least as a) I got it through Skoda and b) a load of others have orders them too!!

I’d happily show you the paperwork if I could be bothered to scan out all of my info, but I can’t! Have a little search on Octavia 1.0 SE Technology and you’ll see a number of posts.

PM me your email addy if you’re interested and I’ll pass it on to Garlands Skoda if they are able to transfer the deal.

I know, it is amazing! If I was still going to get a fun car I’d keep the order. But I’m not, and (unsurprisingly!) the deal has been ridiculously popular so god only knows when the deliveries will arrive! As my current lease comes to an end in 9 weeks, that also contributes to my decision.

The car isn’t that expensive anyway (I’m thinking around £19k RRP?) but Skoda are really pushing it. Even with a likely service at around £169, you’re looking at around £4K for 2 years/16k miles of motoring in a brand new, well spec’d car! Yes it’s only got a 115bhp engine, but if you get your thrills elsewhere, it’s a great choice!

Where does the 40% come from then? It would make the sale price £9625 unless I have missed something.

Or are they really discounting that much.

I make it 20% on retail price.

Can't understand why people quote RRP - it's meaningless to everyone but the taxman.  Brokers not listing SE Tech, I think it's because it's only available to order at dealers or something like that, but the RRP is the same as the SE, which is listed on Broker sites.

The meaningless RRP for a SE in metallic red with spare tyre is £21590.

Broker offering a discount of £5467 which brings price down to £16,123 if bought on PCP.  But Broker also quoting an extra £500 saving if car is registered blah blah...  it's just another sweetener. That brings the price for a private buyer down to £15,623.

There's nothing amazing about that deal - it's a cheap car to begin with. The dealer will have bought the car for less than £15623, but lets just use that as an example - take off approx £3500 ( to allow for PCP interest) which means a 2 year old car is worth just over £12,000.   ( Ziddicus - you haven't mentioned what the annual mileage was on that lease? )

So if the owner has managed to sell the car for over £12,000 - they're laughing. ( the figure is likely to be lower than that. )

Dealers asking around £15,000 for two year old SE Tech's with around 15k on the clock. ( that obviously includes their profit ). Which kind of sums up how much money there's to be made - they're selling 2 year old cars for around the same price as they can buy a brand new car!  Punters will still buy them tho.

These figures are VERY rough, but what it does show is NEVER question how can a dealer possibly make money on a car. All you need to know is if they weren't making money on it, they wouldn't be selling it.

From a personal view, £3850 over 2yrs with a limited mileage of ???  for such a basic car with a 1.0 engine - am I alone in being unimpressed?  Or put it another way, if it cost more I'm shocked anyone would consider it.

Edited by Guest

@Scot5 it’s 8k per year.

i still think it is a fantastic deal. The engine is no barnstormer but does sound sweet and pulls well - car felt fun to drive and very light.

The spec and space on offer for a lease deal equivalent to a car 2+ classes lower and very basically spec’d is one of the cheapest I’ve ever seen, and given I’m on leasing sites most days, that’s saying something!

However, it’s not for everyone, including me now!

Anyway, if someone is interested, please PM me. I’m only doing this as I’d like someone to benefit from it. I’ll cancel at the start of next week if no interest.

@xman Mine was approx £3960 over 2 years for 16k miles. Slightly more partly because I’d ordered on 1+23. Those deals were around in October they’re not as strong now. 

I also cancelled my order because I had my head turned by the Arteon (whole other story) but didn’t even think about trying to pass it on. Worth a try @zeddicus

@Scot5 I guess the question is, could you get a brand new car of similar spec for that price any other way? I checked at the time and I couldn’t find anything close. 

6 hours ago, zeddicus said:

I'm going to cancel my Skoda order. A couple of reasons: 1) I STILL don't have a build date, over 2 months after placing the order!

I’m not too sure if you’ve seen on the other Arteon thread but I’ve still not got a build date from an August order so you may be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. 

Edited by john999boy

Simpsons were offering similar deals a few months ago, think it was something like £2500 deposit and £69 x 23 for a one litre SE Tech Hatchback. That price has jumped now to £99 x 23 with the same deposit. 

@john999boy thanks mate, yep I was hanging out in the other thread but decided against the Arteon as you couldn't get a deal on the faster engined ones. I'm likely going to be getting a Golf GTi which (thankfully!) appears to be in stock!

14 hours ago, xman said:

I'm flabbergasted at that deal!

There were many deals of similar price a while back.

Just over two years ago  I had a similar deal on two Yeti DSG's. £1500 + 23x£99

On 23/01/2019 at 21:28, J.R. said:

Where does the 40% come from then? It would make the sale price £9625 unless I have missed something.

Or are they really discounting that much.

I make it 20% on retail price.

40% depreciation or £8636

Take away the £3850 lease payments

Means Skoda discounted the car £4,786 or 22% for a car that would never be sold brand new. Pretty standard really..

Even if you drop the depreciated to the £12k previously suggested that's only a £5,740 or 26.5% off a car that would never be sold brand new.

F me Ford were giving those kinda discounts to hire firms back in early 80's

It's cheap motoring but, they've no margin for error so you can get hammered for damages when handing back.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

20 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

I've bought both my skodas from lee at Garland skoda and he has done me a brilliant deal both times, I will be calling them again later this year to get a new one 

Yep, the service 'service' I had a few years back was very good and I dealt with Jordan (leasing) who was also excellent.

Tiny bump.

I'm going to cancel the deal on Monday so if anyone is interested, please let me know over the weekend. I'd hate for no one to benefit from this deal (even if the car may take months and months to arrive :D)

When I looked at a Skoda deal 2 weeks ago the lease company was saying 22 weeks min, I presume all these issues are because of WLTP, I know VW (which is essentially the same) are really struggling with the new regs

and remember the golden rule with lease... take the drive the deal price (not RRP) and you want 20% of the cars value is the magic number, up to 25% is still I good deal, anything over 25% walk away