cannot remove sd card

I had an SD card wedged in my old car ... the previous owner had put it in wrong.  Withfuse pulled for the HU I managed to free it out with tweasers and a spectacles style flat head screw driver.

4 hours ago, ScoutCJB said:

I had an SD card wedged in my old car ... the previous owner had put it in wrong.  Withfuse pulled for the HU I managed to free it out with tweasers and a spectacles style flat head screw driver.

^ this

most likely its in the wrong way

3 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Am I right in thinking the mib2 devices load the maps to the device from the card? Means the maps will still work. Even if the card was in upside down

The Amundsen reads the maps from the SD card on both MIB1 & MIB2, but the Columbus has an internal HDD where the maps are copied to on both MIB1 & MIB2.

So it's not a MIB1/MIB2 difference but an Amundsen/Columbus difference.

6 hours ago, Joebishop said:

Yes it is still under warranty. I phoned the dealer who said that this would not be covered.

Which dealer?

The dealer you bought it from, or your local dealer?

Did you buy it from a franchised Skoda dealer or an independant garage?

Either way, assuming it wasn't you that broke it and the fault was there when you bought the car, then either it's covered under your manufacturers warranty from a franchised Skoda dealer, or the independent garage you bought the car from needs to fix it.

Just because your local dealer has said it isn't covered, don't roll over and accept this as fact.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2019 at 02:23, silver1011 said:

Which dealer?

The dealer you bought it from, or your local dealer?

Did you buy it from a franchised Skoda dealer or an independant garage?

Either way, assuming it wasn't you that broke it and the fault was there when you bought the car, then either it's covered under your manufacturers warranty from a franchised Skoda dealer, or the independent garage you bought the car from needs to fix it.

Just because your local dealer has said it isn't covered, don't roll over and accept this as fact.

Agree.  If you had noticed the problem before you bought the car I'm sure the dealer would have sorted it out with no argument.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you've sorted this yet but I had the same problem , the card was held in by a brass clip, presumably to stop it being stolen. a gentle but firm tug with some needle nose plies got the clip off, then as normal push the card in and out it popped, hope this is of help to you.

I think in car settings there is a 'safely remove sd card 1' and 'safely remove sd card 2' option, maybe using this and letting software eject card will work over brute strength.

1 hour ago, szking said:

I think in car settings there is a 'safely remove sd card 1' and 'safely remove sd card 2' option, maybe using this and letting software eject card will work over brute strength.

That’s just to ensure nothing is being accessed at removal time and I’m afraid there isn’t a software eject method.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 14:45, Obbor said:

Don't know if you've sorted this yet but I had the same problem , the card was held in by a brass clip, presumably to stop it being stolen. a gentle but firm tug with some needle nose plies got the clip off, then as normal push the card in and out it popped, hope this is of help to you.

Thanks for that. Mine has the brass clip too. I will definitely give it a stronger tug now I know it will work.

Regards

Joe