Tdi DSG 4x4 MPG

slider

hi folks, looking at car options just now. Can anyone tell me the real world mpg they are getting from the 2.0 Tdi DSG 4x4?

I do about 20K miles a year, mainly rural roads

Best ~43mpg, worst ~30mpg, avg ~37mpg.  All per tank, click-to-click, via Fuelly and paper-and-ink.  Local rural terrain probably fairly similar to the Borders, with an occasional proper road (!), but about half the annual total.  Loved it to bits while we had the big caravan.  Go enjoy! 

• Like 1

My old euro5 (140ps) in dirty mode never got me better than 48 driven gently at that.

The fixed version would be probably 45ish at best.

Edited by Ryeman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, slider said:

140 seems to be the one that is in the 3 year old cars I am looking at.  Don't think they do 4x4 in the 110hp

11 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

There was a 4x4 110ps, but only in the poverty specs. probably didn't sell that many.

My 150 dsg is doing around 42mpg, with a manual gearbox, it would probably get 3-4mpg more.

the 2.0 110 was available as 4x4 in S, SE, DE Drive, SE Plus and Elegance spec

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

My 170 4x4 in L&K trim with extras (Tow pack rough road pack, spare wheel, curtain airbags, fold flat front seat, rear seat trays, so fairly heavy all in)

Average 39 to 40 mpg on daily 20 mile commute each way, 45 on a longer run, best was 52 mpg, worst around 30, but you can get into single digits at 130 mph, so don't bother.

Just recently I started using ARCHOIL AR 6200-EU and this has improved my mpg, the same run to work I get 42 mpg, 48 to 50 on a longer run and the best I've got so far was driving down to Dover from Wolverhampton on a Friday lunchtime which returned 58 mpg!.

I have just been abroad sticking to the speed limits so generally faster than the UK and driving at between 90 and 100 a lot and managed to average 40 mpg over a distance in excess of 3000 miles, obviously this was not all motorway, previous same trips without AR6200-EU would result in lower mpg, typically 35 or less, so for me this stuff seems to work.

Edited by chocki

I had the yeti 170 L &K manual and it was similar to above on average with a best ever 54 mpg on a longish run.had the same engine in the Octavia and managed mid 60s  but as it was more streamline/lower and probably different gearing only to be expected but with possible dpf issues you may be safer going for the 150 bhp adblue engine that would be my choice now.

Edited by Sad555

2 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

Mid 50s normally on a run

Looking at a new Karoq 4x4 148bhp diesel and the combined figure is around 55mpg with highway consumption of 62.8mpg possible. I have managed 63.2mpg in our petrol 148bhp Karoq when the combined it quoted at 51mpg.:biggrin:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hudson1 said:

As a Yeti novice can someone explain what the later 2017 models would be all about with this Adblue ? Have considered a DSG 4x4 but not sure how the newer Euro engines work .....

Separate tank next to the diesel filler cap which probably takes about 12 litres to fill but lasts about 8,000 miles. If you let it run dry then the engine will not start. You get warnings on the dash to remind you to refill. Adblue can be bought for as little as £0.79 per litre.:thumbup:

2017 2.0 TDI 15 4x4 DSG

Before first service at 18K

Around town - 30 to 35 MPG

On a run around 40 to 45MPG

Since Service

35 to 40 MPG around town

50 to 60 MPG on long run... not sure what they did but big economy improvement after recent service.

On 12/08/2019 at 10:54, shyVRS245 said:

Separate tank next to the diesel filler cap which probably takes about 12 litres to fill but lasts about 8,000 miles. If you let it run dry then the engine will not start. You get warnings on the dash to remind you to refill. Adblue can be bought for as little as £0.79 per litre.:thumbup:

That does NOT apply to a Yeti.
The Yeti tank is in the boot, with a filler on the drivers side, below the boot floor.
I am averaging 5k miles between fills.

• Thanks 1

Will let you know when I have used the full tank of fuel and the reserve light comes on. Coming up on 4 weeks and still not empty, with mixed town and short motorway runs (6 miles) the maxi dot is showing average of 42.3 MPG.

Ours is a 2015 2.0TDI SCR 4X4 DSG.

Steve.