MY17 Superb SLA Headlights Upgrade - Help

41 minutes ago, w286432 said:

But my current 3V1 headlight right DRL is no longer lit, so I just bought this set of 3VD headlights to replace
OK! 

Correct - that's because u don't currently have the AFS Slave module (8U0941329) connected to ur 3V1 headlight.

That module controls the AFS and DRL functionality.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 20/01/2022 at 09:47, JR RS said:

Correct - that's because u don't currently have the AFS Slave module (8U0941329) connected to ur 3V1 headlight.

That module controls the AFS and DRL functionality.

Hey JR RS,

Could you share basic thing, how to remove the deadlight unit himself? Should fron bumber get dissasembled?

Kr

4 minutes ago, Stunner said:

Hey JR RS,

Could you share basic thing, how to remove the deadlight unit himself? Should fron bumber get dissasembled?

Kr

Yes, the front bumper needs to b removed in order to get the headlights out or in - no other way.

I've attached a how-to for the front bumper removal.

Should help.

Essentially:-

1. Put front on jack stands

2. Remove wheels

3. Remove wheelarch liner

4. Disconnect wiring harnesses

5. Disconnect headlight washer pipe

6. Remove bumper 

7. Remove headlights

Reverse the process to put things back.

Removing Front Bumper.pdf

• 2 months later...

Hi, i have problem with retrofit B lamps in my SuperB
Power Output Module for Left Headlamp 
          C1081 F0 [137] - Not Coded
Power Output Module for Right Headlamp 

If if I read it right i have to do parameter set "AFS_WITH_MDF" in 4B module with VCP but i cannot find any .zdc for 3q0907338 with AFS_WITH_MDF" inside.
Can you tell me which zdc did you use?

zdcgraphs.gif

7 minutes ago, TKRO said:

If if I read it right i have to do parameter set "AFS_WITH_MDF" in 4B module with VCP but i cannot find any .zdc for 3q0907338 with AFS_WITH_MDF" inside.

zdcgraphs.gif

Does VCP allow using xml odis datasets? That is what we can supply.

VCP takes free datasets and encrypts them, catalogs them, then charges for them!

2 hours ago, TKRO said:

zdcgraphs.gif

I can send u the 4B parameter file required for SLA.

PM ur email address.

9 hours ago, JR RS said:

I can send u the 4B parameter file required for SLA.

PM ur email address.

I forwarded the one you sent me all them months ago to him. He’s gonna update hopefully today with the outcome. :) 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ApertureS said:

I forwarded the one you sent me all them months ago to him. He’s gonna update hopefully today with the outcome. :) 

Brilliant - thanks.

• Kiss 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/05/2019 at 00:09, JR RS said:

If u source (can't get them locally in Australia) the parts brand new + shipping then u'd b looking close to AUD $3k.  Then labour cost to replace the old with the new. It involves removing the front wheels and bumper - so not an easy job.

However I sourced, from various places, the parts secondhand and did the install myself. Cost me less than a third of what it would've cost if I went brand new and got a workshop to install.

Hi, I'm looking to do something like this in the UK. Was it difficult to do? 

Difficult thing is I'm trying to source secondhand B headlights but on ebay they're mostly from Europe, which are LHD - does this matter or is there a setting to make the headlights adjust to RHD UK driving? Many thanks!

On 11/05/2019 at 00:09, JR RS said:

If u source (can't get them locally in Australia) the parts brand new + shipping then u'd b looking close to AUD $3k.  Then labour cost to replace the old with the new. It involves removing the front wheels and bumper - so not an easy job.

However I sourced, from various places, the parts secondhand and did the install myself. Cost me less than a third of what it would've cost if I went brand new and got a workshop to install.

Difficult thing is I'm trying to source secondhand B headlights but on ebay they're mostly from Europe, which are LHD - does this matter or is there a setting to make the headlights adjust to RHD UK driving? Many thanks!

5 hours ago, arkhambliss said:

Yes it matters if they’re left or right sided. As long as the one you find is 3V2 and NOT 3V1 it will be for a left hand traffic road which is the U.K. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, arkhambliss said:

As @ApertureS indicated above - yes it crucial u get the correct version - i.e. RHD in ur case.

3Vx 941 01y A -

x=LHD(1) / RHD(2)

y=left(5) / right(6)

Edited by JR RS

• 1 month later...

Hello guys.
Thanks to JR RS guideline I made a change of headlights.Difference is that I have unit 55 instead of 4B.

I uploaded parameters via ODIS from car which had SLA from factory.Only topic which I have is the coding of Slave units.I am not able to change it via master to the correct value B30000 .As a result,my High beams are not working and there are faults that the units are incorrectly coded.Is there anybody who can help?Thanks

18 hours ago, AndrejZ said:

Hello guys.
Thanks to JR RS guideline I made a change of headlights.Difference is that I have unit 55 instead of 4B.

I uploaded parameters via ODIS from car which had SLA from factory.Only topic which I have is the coding of Slave units.I am not able to change it via master to the correct value B30000 .As a result,my High beams are not working and there are faults that the units are incorrectly coded.Is there anybody who can help?Thanks

Is it not letting u change the code?

Have u selected the slave module to enter the code?

The code is not for module 55 - it's for the slave module - 4H0 941 329.

Below is the coding I found for a MY15 Superb module 55.

Address 55: Headlight Range (J745) Labels: 7P6-907-357.clb
 Part No SW: 7P6 907 357 D HW: 7P6 907 357 A
 Component: AFS-ECU H07 0090 
 Revision: -------- Serial number: --------------
 Coding: 06D602007F010000
 Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00063
 ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSMQB 001120
 ROD: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFS_SE26.rod
 VCID: 4084F5F7DBD5DA3E1D-8014
 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4H0 941 329 HW: 4H0 941 329 Labels: 3D0-941-329.CLB
 Component: LeiMo links H02 0013 
 Coding: B30000
 Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 4H0 941 329 HW: 4H0 941 329 Labels: 3D0-941-329.CLB
 Component: LeiMo rechts H02 0013 
 Coding: B30000
No fault code found.

Hello.

I tried to code master module with same coding as you posted and as I got,slave modules should be coded automatically.When I tried to code slave modules it was not possible with any tool,everytime I got message-not possible to change.

Slave modules should have only B30000

22 hours ago, AndrejZ said:

Hello guys.

Have you changed the correct Leuchte channels to get rid of the shutters? B30000 is the correct coding and cant be changed.

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Emil1 said:

I m looking for 55 module Parameters. Please if anybody can send me them I would be wery thankfull. 

*****@*****.tld

I think @ApertureS might have the parameter file for module 55-Headlights.

13 minutes ago, JR RS said:

I think @ApertureS might have the parameter file for module 55-Headlights.

PM was sendet to him thank you. I’m looking as well for any Information hore to download parametrization data via ODIS. Any chances to get information About that? Simply how to do that download. 

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Nudelsuppe said:

Hello guys,

could somebody send me the correct dataset for 4B to can Upgrade DLA at Superb 3v via VCP?

cant find the Right dataset at Filemanager.

regards

I've just replied to ur personal message - with the parameter file.

• Like 1