The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

1 minute ago, paulkennedy said:

Its pathetic because of the covert racist  messages. Foreigners change your way of life = Muslims, try it on with your wife  foreigners = rapist, fiddle with your kids foreigners = paedophile. There are many foreigners in this country none of which live in my house, why the hell would they?  They find their own houses pay their taxes and live their lives.  There are laws for those who are criminally inclined, very few immigrants choose to break the law, those that do can get jail or be deported. Like the UK we have our share of home grown rapists, murderers and paedophiles, but they're WHITE and from west of that Baltic sea so that's OK isn't it?

Oh dear, here we go. Never mind, I thought I was talking to a logical person.

Let's stop.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

I was chatting to a Romanian lorry driver just yesterday and he explained to me that corruption is so bad in his country that those in charge still do anything that Putin and the Kremlin ask of them. They are supposed to be governing themselves but are told what to do and when. He asked his wife where she would like to bring up their children and like a lot of economic migrants who come to the UK and contribute massively to the 33 million employed here the answer was simple. She told him that UK Schools are the best in the World and that is what she wanted for her children like all honest hardworking parents. Regarding immigration the current UK population is set to rise by another 3 million between now and 2025 experts predict (putting more strain on our best in the World free NHS) to 70 million, there are currently over 37 million cars on UK roads with 48 million people holding a valid driving licence, which is expected to hit 50 million registered drivers by 2025. The last time I checked our tiny island is not getting any bigger, indeed our land mass is much smaller than France which has a similar population to the UK but more space for everyone, particularly those travelling through France in order to get to the Garden of Europe the UK.

The entire population of the UK would easily fit on the Isle of wight

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I was chatting to a Romanian lorry driver just yesterday and he explained to me that corruption is so bad in his country that those in charge still do anything that Putin and the Kremlin ask of them. They are supposed to be governing themselves but are told what to do and when. He asked his wife where she would like to bring up their children and like a lot of economic migrants who come to the UK and contribute massively to the 33 million employed here the answer was simple. She told him that UK Schools are the best in the World and that is what she wanted for her children like all honest hardworking parents. Regarding immigration the current UK population is set to rise by another 3 million between now and 2025 experts predict (putting more strain on our best in the World free NHS) to 70 million, there are currently over 37 million cars on UK roads with 48 million people holding a valid driving licence, which is expected to hit 50 million registered drivers by 2025. The last time I checked our tiny island is not getting any bigger, indeed our land mass is much smaller than France which has a similar population to the UK but more space for everyone, particularly those travelling through France in order to get to the Garden of Europe the UK.

I'm afraid your answer will be viewed as racist by some here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paulkennedy said:

Farage is a racist ,the Brexit stuff was always about Johnny foreigner. I have listened to Farage he's a bit like the right wing talk show hosts in the states fast talking repeating little bullet points and ignoring reality. Remember "freedom fries"?

I was having a drink with a guy a few month ago he was saying how Brexit was great and how Ireland should have their own version. He wasn't a subtle as Farage he said about how "great" Ireland was before the n*****s and pa***S and ch***s came here. I pointed out that in the 80's there were no foreigners in Ireland the roads were like lunar surfaces and if you had a Hillman Avenger you were well off. I remember 200 odd men queued up in the rain for one job in a rubber mat factory. In northern Ireland was the same with the added danger of people being asked what school they went to before they were shot. Good times indeed.

Ireland's economic problems in the 80's were down to your own stupid and outdated tax policies. You couldn't even keep your own population let alone attract people into the country. Only when McCreevy got a grip on your taxation did it stop migration and finally attract people back to Ireland and kick start the Celtic Tiger economy boost. You may not have had any "foreigners" but you had problems keeping hold of your citizens too.

Unfortunately more bad policies that were used to attract investment also made you extremely vulnerable to the financial crash and even now you have a national debt per capita over €42k and 60% higher than the UK per person. The tax breaks you had given to attract big business to Ireland has now been deemed illegal by the EU and must be repaid, which isn't going to help with attracting future investment at a time when you need it for your own big problems with state and social care. All issues that Varadkar has been able to dodge with Brexit. 

There is an area of Leicester (where I was born) which I would love to show to Paul Kennedy which is as unsafe for a WHITE person to walk around as Eastleigh in Nairobi which is another area to avoid being WHITE and on foot unless you like being robbed or stabbed (or both). Travel really does broaden the mind and the reality of why we choose to live where we do (because we feel safe then we make it our home). Between Jan and Dec 2019 there was a 23% increase in violence and sexual crimes in the City of Leicester. Police confirmed there were 1,451 knife related crimes reported.

Edited by shyVRS245
more info

Guest BigJase88
15 hours ago, Lee01 said:

You can't even make a genuine honest mistake without the trolls crawling out of the woodwork. 

Says the biggest troll on the forum

pot and kettle

6 hours ago, CWARD said:

Ireland's economic problems in the 80's were down to your own stupid and outdated tax policies. You couldn't even keep your own population let alone attract people into the country. Only when McCreevy got a grip on your taxation did it stop migration and finally attract people back to Ireland and kick start the Celtic Tiger economy boost. You may not have had any "foreigners" but you had problems keeping hold of your citizens too.

Unfortunately more bad policies that were used to attract investment also made you extremely vulnerable to the financial crash and even now you have a national debt per capita over €42k and 60% higher than the UK per person. The tax breaks you had given to attract big business to Ireland has now been deemed illegal by the EU and must be repaid, which isn't going to help with attracting future investment at a time when you need it for your own big problems with state and social care. All issues that Varadkar has been able to dodge with Brexit. 

I actually agree with a lot of what you said here. You have to dig a little deeper into why people vote in these clowns, the people that actually make the dodgy policy decisions. It's really quite simple.  Party A is in power having for there by blaming people for the state of the country and offering simplistic solutions to complex problems. Obviously they can blame all they like but the simplistic solutions don't work. Here comes Party B, maybe blaming the same people maybe blaming different people and offering different simplistic solutions to the same complex issues. They have a go in power maybe the world economic situation improves and they get two term but the reality is it's tweedle dum and tweedle dee. Neither party does anything and the cycle continues. Ireland is a little different from the UK in that whoever is in power is right wing as is the opposition and the Labour party seems quite right wing too.

Any politician that opens his mouth near you is lying or about to lie. Take Mr Farage's limp claim about being free, bit of a revision from everyone will be better off, more money, more jobs and all the shining cities on the hills. It was just so much pony I suspect he knew that from the get go but people wanted change, wanted better and he blamed people and offered simplistic solutions to complex problems.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, paulkennedy said:

It was just so much pony I suspect he knew that from the get go but people wanted change, wanted better and he blamed people and offered simplistic solutions to complex problems.

Bang on! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

There is an area of Leicester (where I was born) which I would love to show to Paul Kennedy which is as unsafe for a WHITE person to walk around as Eastleigh in Nairobi which is another area to avoid being WHITE and on foot unless you like being robbed or stabbed (or both). Travel really does broaden the mind and the reality of why we choose to live where we do (because we feel safe then we make it our home). Between Jan and Dec 2019 there was a 23% increase in violence and sexual crimes in the City of Leicester. Police confirmed there were 1,451 knife related crimes reported.

That's a policing matter not a racial one. I'm sure there are plenty of places where a black man or woman wouldn't be safe either. I have lived in different places met many people and there's good and bad in every race colour creed etc. There's towns near me with a 99% white population that I would only walk through after dark with a pump action shotgun.

• Like 1

"One Dutch Fisherman isn't representative of The Netherlands shocker!" ;) 

The Dutch are among the least likely of all European nationals to support their country withdrawing from the EU, according to the spring Eurobarometer report, carried out on behalf of the European parliament. The report shows that 86% of the Dutch would vote in favour of remaining in the EU if there was a referendum tomorrow and just 8% would vote for a Nexit. Average support for the EU as a whole is 68%, with 14% backing withdrawal and 18% undecided.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/04/no-to-nexit-dutch-most-likely-to-vote-to-stay-in-the-eu/

Same in Germany. 90% aren't in favour of Dexit.

EU approval ratings in Germany have declined, but the vast majority of Germans are still in favour of staying in the EU, according to a new study.

Brexit hasn't quite happened yet, but some residents in Germany say they want to follow in the UK's footsteps and vote to quit the bloc.

A total of 10 percent of Germans are in favour of the country's exit from the EU – so-called 'Dexit' – according to research carried out by the European Parliament, reported the Tagesspiegel.

https://www.thelocal.de/20190426/dexit-just-one-in-10-germans-in-favour-of-leaving-the-eu

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20190417IPR41755/support-for-eu-remains-at-historically-high-level-despite-sceptics

Here's an easy way to see if my theory is correct. Take Northern Ireland when people finally got to vote free and fair they choose the guys that were blaming others and offering simple solutions. Paisley Adams McGuinness Robinson. What difference did they make? There's always a few people that aren't career politicians, like Gusty Spence,  John Hume or David Irvine they blamed nobody and their solutions were going to take years and years. 20 years on what do you have? Blame and fantasy

Your corn is ripe today; mine will be so tomorrow. 'Tis profitable for us both, that I should labour with you today, and that you should aid me tomorrow. I have no kindness for you, and know you have as little for me. I will not, therefore, take any pains upon your account; and should I labour with you upon my own account, in expectation of a return, I know I should be disappointed, and that I should in vain depend upon your gratitude. Here then I leave you to labour alone; You treat me in the same manner. The seasons change; and both of us lose our harvests for want of mutual confidence and security.”

David Hume

I'd love a copy with Boris's actual signature on it, I guess you don't.

Cheer up Lee. Brexit is happening, you've made your choice and one day, once you've got your residence, you'll be able to work and earn again. Hopefully that will fill your time rather venting on here and getting yourself stressed, it's no good for your health being angry all the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest BigJase88

Not long to go now 😎

might have a few beers tomorrow to celebrate 🤪 what is everyone plans for the celebrations?

goodbye, god bless, good riddance

25 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

Not long to go now 😎

might have a few beers tomorrow to celebrate 🤪 what is everyone plans for the celebrations?

goodbye, god bless, good riddance

I will have to wait until Sunday evening to crack open the Scotch I've been saving while I watch the Superbowl from Miami into the wee small hours. Sounds like good plan.:thumbup:

19 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I'll probably have a glass or two of the special spirits tomorrow night.

I'm sure there will be plenty of tears where remainers gather 

089CA9F4-8A47-411C-B123-F2C6D758184E.jpeg

Hope they have sufficient home insurance cover to cope with an outbreak of sudden waterworks.:tongueout:

:D 

Revellers at Nigel Farage’s Brexit night celebration are in for a disappointment after the Brexit Party leader was unable to deliver on a string of flashy pledges he made for the bash.

Farage and Brexit Party chair Richard Tice promised “fireworks, bands and comedians” at the bash, to be held tomorrow night on Westminster’s Parliament Square......................

Liberal Democrat Brexit Spokesperson Alistair Carmichael said: “If ever you needed proof that Farage and his cronies couldn't organise a ****-up in a brewery, here it is.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farages-brexit-night-party-21393272

Guest BigJase88
12 minutes ago, paulkennedy said:

Nothing at all is going to happen tomorrow night total anti climax

We leaving the EU bud

get with the programme. Game is up