The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

20 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Which particular request? Quote me the post I made and your request to it please and I'll try and help you out.

Take your pick. I’m too tired to play games with you, I’ve had a long day working. You should try it. 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/search/?&q=Google&author=Lee01&search_and_or=or

Edited by CWARD
  • Thanks 1

I've kept a low profile in this thread because it occasionaly often turns into a play ground spat with each side putting their fingers in their ears and going "La la la la" or spouting random facts and figures, but, I thing Haggling Phase might be more appropriate than Bartering Phase.

On a lighter note a post on my local village Facebook page a local posted that when the fireworks started exploding at 11pm last night his German Shepherd ran off.  (and a lot believed him, and starting an anti brexit/firework abuse session that got the posting taken down. no humour some people).

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, P6bJOHN said:

I've kept a low profile in this thread because it occasionaly often turns into a play ground spat with each side putting their fingers in their ears and going "La la la la" or spouting random facts and figures, but, I thing Haggling Phase might be more appropriate than Bartering Phase.

On a lighter note a post on my local village Facebook page a local posted that when the fireworks started exploding at 11pm last night his German Shepherd ran off.  (and a lot believed him, and starting an anti brexit/firework abuse session that got the posting taken down. no humour some people).

Perhaps the dog had it's paws over it's ears and was quietly barking :tongueout:"la la la" hoping the celebration would stop.:hi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/02/2020 at 11:59, moley said:

Where are these customs duties coming from during the transition period?

If we are still working under EU rules during the transition period why would there be any disputes with third countries?

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The forty or so Trade Agreements are between the EU and the Third Country. as legally stated at the start of each of these agreements and if the UK is not legally part of the EU, as Boris et al insists, then the Bi-lateral treaty can be deemed not to apply.  As per my previous posts these Third countries may take a safe route and put the UK issued EUR1s import customs duty levied in Canada, Israel, S.Korea, Mexico, South Africa and all the others and charge the UK goods the standard "Mot Favoured Nation" duty rate.  It may even effect goods that are partly made in the UK but finished off in EU27 and the UK content is in doubt as to give the goods enough EU content to benefit fro EU origin status with those Third countries.

As said above the UK Chambers of Commerce and Dept of Trade have asked UK exporters to report back and refusals to accept UK issued EUR1.  Eventually the UK will have its own origin cert, a GB1 perhaps.

Not only is there all this shenanigans going on in the Transition period, possible affecting 11% of UK exports, but the UK is implementing the new EU wide Customs System CDS, Customs Declaration Service, which could see average entry cost rise by a good third raising that £6.5B UK customs entry bill to more like £9B, plus the cost on the other side of the Channel plus 

internal admin costs of acquiring and generating all the necessary declarations and documents post BREXIT. 

Massive expensive and onerous changes ahead, especially if BoJo want divergence from EU tariffs etc.

4 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The forty or so Trade Agreements are between the EU and the Third Country. as legally stated at the start of each of these agreements and if the UK is not legally part of the EU, as Boris et al insists, then the Bi-lateral treaty can be deemed not to apply.  As per my previous posts these Third countries may take a safe route and put the UK issued EUR1s import customs duty levied in Canada, Israel, S.Korea, Mexico, South Africa and all the others and charge the UK goods the standard "Mot Favoured Nation" duty rate.  It may even effect goods that are partly made in the UK but finished off in EU27 and the UK content is in doubt as to give the goods enough EU content to benefit fro EU origin status with those Third countries.

As said above the UK Chambers of Commerce and Dept of Trade have asked UK exporters to report back and refusals to accept UK issued EUR1.  Eventually the UK will have its own origin cert, a GB1 perhaps.

Not only is there all this shenanigans going on in the Transition period, possible affecting 11% of UK exports, but the UK is implementing the new EU wide Customs System CDS, Customs Declaration Service, which could see average entry cost rise by a good third raising that £6.5B UK customs entry bill to more like £9B, plus the cost on the other side of the Channel plus 

internal admin costs of acquiring and generating all the necessary declarations and documents post BREXIT. 

Massive expensive and onerous changes ahead, especially if BoJo want divergence from EU tariffs etc.

Could you attach the citation to these statements?

Nissan's Brexit scenarios include closing European plants, report says

Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co. has drafted a contingency plan to focus on its Sunderland plant in the U.K. and cut European production if a hard Brexit leads to tariffs on car imports from the continent, the Financial Times reported, citing two people involved in the discussions.

The plan, which was drawn up before Makoto Uchida was named as the new chief executive officer in December, also foresees the closing of Nissan’s plants in Barcelona, Spain, and in France.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/03/business/corporate-business/nissans-brexit-scenarios-include-closing-european-plants-ft/#.XjfLWlT7SUk

3 hours ago, moley said:

That's a surpise. I wonder what the reletive sales are in Europe Vs the UK. Does the UK export back to Japan rhd etc?

11 minutes ago, Aspman said:

That's a surpise. I wonder what the reletive sales are in Europe Vs the UK. Does the UK export back to Japan rhd etc?

The scenario is one of several that the carmaker developed to plan for post-Brexit tariffs. People familiar with the discussions cautioned that the contingency plan was drawn up before Makoto Uchida was installed as the new chief executive in December....................

.............Nissan’s public position is that the UK plant would be threatened along with its European business if the UK fails to maintain tariff-free access to the EU. “We deny such a contingency plan exists,” said a spokesman for Nissan Europe. “We’ve modelled every possible ramification of Brexit and the fact remains that our entire business both in the UK and in Europe is not sustainable in the event of WTO tariffs …We continue to urge UK and EU negotiators to work collaboratively towards an orderly balanced Brexit that will continue to encourage mutually beneficial trade.”

https://www.ft.com/content/c4f0d1e2-4442-11ea-a43a-c4b328d9061c

I hope all have just listened to Emperor Boris's speech and question and answer session.   It is all going to be good, no children are going up chimneys to clean them.

We will not fight them on the beaches we will sell people stuff and buy theirs and Wales is nearer to Beijing than New Zealand. 

No matter that Wales has nothing like the amount of sheep (lamb) that New Zealand has.

7 hours ago, moley said:

For every news outet saying UK safe, Europe factories under threat, there are as many saying UK factories unviable in a tariff post brexit World. 

Until we know what the trade deal is going on include or not, either are likely. 

I personally would go with UK unviable to produce and export back to the EU. 

@Lee01   Do you meet the requirements to get a job as Cabin Crew with Ryanair?

Unrestricted rights to live and work in the EU. While in the Transitional period.

Maybe if they check your social media posts you would be a non person.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

2 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@Lee01   Do you meet the requirements to get a job as Cabin Crew with Ryanair?

Maybe if they check your social media posts you would be a non person.

And what exactly do you think you know about my SM posts? 

• Confused 1

Journalists walked out of a Downing Street briefing on Boris Johnson’s Brexit plans after the prime minister’s director of communications tried to restrict it to selected publications and broadcasters.

An invitation sent out by Number 10 offered a “technical background briefing” on the PM’s plans to negotiate a Canadian-style free trade agreement with the EU by the end of the year.

But when political correspondents from various outlets arrived inside Number 10, they were asked their names and told to stand on opposite sides of the entrance hall.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journalists-walk-out-no-10-briefing-a9314996.html

Boris Johnson’s right-hand man has set up a network of mafia-style “snitches” in Westminster restaurants to stop ministerial aides getting free lunches from journalists.

Dominic Cummings told government special advisers on Friday evening that in future they must pick up half the bill if they go for lunch, dinner or drinks with the media.

“The people’s government doesn’t take any favours,” he pronounced. “No coffees, no lunches, no drinks. Especially not with journalists.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cummings-spies-on-aides-at-lunch-6mxrvrbhj

Are we there yet?
Nationalism. Check.
Disdain for Human Rights. Check. (TM "UK must leave ECHR")
Identification of enemies/ scapegoats. Check. 
Rampant sexism. Check. 
Controlled mass media. Check.
Obsession with National security. Check.
Corporate power is protected. Pretty sure that's a check.
Disdain for intellectuals and the arts. Check. (We've had enough of experts) 
Obsession with crime and punishment. Check.
Rampant cronyism and corruption. Check.
Fraudulent elections. Check.
https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Why are people obsessed with Germany and German industry when it has nothing to do with brexit?
If I didn't know any better I'd swear you were trolling me :notme:

Maybe because every bit of bad news from remainers seems to have something to do with Brexit so just returning the bad karma back to you 😀

Edited by CWARD
  • Thanks 1