The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

17 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

You forget, again, will be off to retire somewhere warm and full of foreigners (to me anyway).:time:

I hadn't forgotten. If you need a hand packing feel free to give me a shout. I'd be more than glad to help.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CWARD said:

@Lee01 Do you actually acknowledge that I have answered your question on numerous occasion now and only your childish stupidity has had you asking over and over again?

I acknowledge that you've replied with your personal opinion :) 

5 hours ago, Skoffski said:

Had my light BREXIT Breakfast while still in the 'Use by date'. Kippers, then Square Sausage, Ayrshire Bacon, Tattie Scones, Dumpling, Haggis, Beans, Eggs well fried,

Bought in LIDL and all from local suppliers. 

The Freezer full, cupboards full, fuel tanks full, but then that is just the usual.

Looking forward to another Full English, Full Scottish, Full Irish Breakfast or even a Full Welsh again on the 12th April, and between now and then it will be Continental Breakfasts.

Usually Purchased from those 'Very British Retailers, TESCO, ASDA, LIDL or ALDI.

you determine your breakfast according to the international treaty obligations your government has signed up to?

Well it's a novel approach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lee01 said:

You seem to have only replied to my first point. Thank you for the links and I'll get round to looking at them in due course
I cannot find your reasons to leave despite several searches however I do recognise that the search function is limited.
If you'd be a poppet and repeat them I'd be most grateful :) 

I acknowledge that you've replied with your personal opinion :) 

What other opinion would I give other than my own when you asked for my reasons?

Edited by CWARD
making my response idiot proof

25 minutes ago, john999boy said:

You'll be the foreigner there!

Correct which means Will Self's proclamation that everyone who voted LEAVE must be a racist doesn't quite ring true if I want to spend my last few years on this planet with 39 million Africans.B)

@domhnall  Breakfast according to having bought a 'breakfast pack' at reduced price as there seemed to be lots sitting, maybe LIDL had done BREXIT preparation and were a bit over supplied. 

There will be lots of BREXIT preparation and stocking up that leads to price reduction.  

Every Cloud.

PS,

Is it just my Government and not yours if you mean the Scottish one now that you have dual citizenship, British and RoI?

Edited by Skoffski

51 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Correct which means Will Self's proclamation that everyone who voted LEAVE must be a racist doesn't quite ring true if I want to spend my last few years on this planet with 39 million Africans.B)

He didn't say that everyone who voted to leave was a racist. You're misquoting him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chorlton said:

"I fear we are reaching the limits of this process in the House."

Time for a GE or 2nd Referendum.

Pretty much how I read it as well. My preference is to revoke, second for a second referendum. I can't see how a GE will solve anything as the WA can't be changed despite what Corbyn thinks.

8 minutes ago, Chorlton said:

"I fear we are reaching the limits of this process in the House."

Time for a GE or 2nd Referendum.

Time for Labour MP's to remember who voted for them in 2017 or they will be wiped out come the next GE.:thumbdown:

4 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Pretty much how I read it as well. My preference is to revoke, second for a second referendum. I can't see how a GE will solve anything as the WA can't be changed despite what Corbyn thinks.

Only going to take 5 MPs to move over to supporting "a" customs union, 9 from abstain, like SNP MPs, and we have a majority of MPs supporting one solution to leaving the EU ie like a Norway arrangement.

Sorts out Irish custom duties issue as long as customs declarations and additional controls ADD, Quota, Retaliatory duties, can be dealt with a businesses rather than the border.    

42 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Time for Labour MP's to remember who voted for them in 2017 or they will be wiped out come the next GE.:thumbdown:

Same thing goes for Con Party as for Liebour here, and I've been saying for some time now that IMO neither are electable (at least if they don't field a good constituency candidate).

• Like 2

After so many replays all ending 0-0, I hear Barnier is calling for a penalty shoot out.

Meanwhile Ms Merkel has put the 1.5tsi software update on indefinite hold.....

May is supposedly considering a double or quits option......

Corbyn is concerned about the effects of climate change on his allotment

Nick Clegg is.......well, the less said the better

Edited by xman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, xman said:

After so many replays all ending 0-0, I hear Barnier is calling for a penalty shoot out.

Meanwhile Ms Merkel has put the 1.5tsi software update on indefinite hold.....

Not one of Europe's best exports. Cough's Dieselgate but for petrols. Wonder if Lee's 1.6Tdi has has the fiddle (fix).:notme:

There must be a lot of Police and Military, Customs, Border Control, Security, Highways agency personnel that thought they would be earning big this weekend that were stood down yesterday.

Maybe they can get cheap last minute flights & short break hols this weekend.

Edited by Skoffski