Xenon DRL headlights instead of Halogen

Hi.

I know from several forum posts that it is possible on the before facelift model.  

But does someone here know if it is possible to do as a simple swap? -the headlights, with harness adapters and then it works?  (without leveling and coding)

Sorry I haven't done it but pretty sure you need to at least code the electronics to recognise the DRLs and xenons otherwise it will prompt a globe error.

A lot of countries it's now illegal to have xenons without washers and auto levelling.

... and AFAIK you need to have a High version of the BCM and do some wiring changes to control the Xenon shutters.

In the EU it's required to have self levelling & headlamp washers with Xenons above a certain Lumens value (which the Octavia Xenon headlamps are), but at least in the UK that isn't tested at the annual MOT test (the headlamp washers are tested if fitted, but the requirement to have them fitted isn't tested - bizarre but true).

7 minutes ago, MoggyTech said:

Top tip, if you want Xenons or LED or whatever, buy a car that has them fitted at factory. If you can't see with halogens, see an optician.

Your comment is useless!  I personally got no problem seeing with either light source. And yes i do wear glasses ;) 

-It's not about what light source that it puts out. Just if the lights + drl would work when "simple" swapping the headlights.