What did you do to your Octavia today?

Fitted new brembo discs and pads at the front of ny VRS. 

Pleasure to work on, easy and straightforward. Gave me a chance to remove the heat shield and give the area a good clean plus wash iniside and out of the wheels.

cleaned calipers both sides. Looks good as new.

i could take it to a garage and get it done but then I know they won’t give it a clean and get rid of built up debris. So I let them do the basic maintenance (to tick the box) and I do the rest. 

Next stope revo remap next month, with revo air intake. Then after that, revi engine mounts. 

5 hours ago, briskoda1 said:

Fitted new brembo discs and pads at the front of ny VRS. 

Pleasure to work on, easy and straightforward. Gave me a chance to remove the heat shield and give the area a good clean plus wash iniside and out of the wheels.

cleaned calipers both sides. Looks good as new.

i could take it to a garage and get it done but then I know they won’t give it a clean and get rid of built up debris. So I let them do the basic maintenance (to tick the box) and I do the rest. 

Next stope revo remap next month, with revo air intake. Then after that, revi engine mounts. 

What mileage have you done so far? Looking at the set of 3 Revo mounts myself at the end of the year when I have the cash (as they are £412).:thumbup:

1 hour ago, briskoda1 said:

86k. The mountd are more for stage 2 preparation.

Stage 2 brings much enjoyment. More than 6 months since mine got the hardware and no issues even with 380lb/ft of torque going through the standard clutch.:biggrin:

Fitted LED lights to the powerfold puddle light mirrors today.

I went for some from AliExpress, at a princely sum of about £9, considerably  cheaper than the Superskoda equivalent.

A massive difference 😀

20190523_235513.thumb.jpg.038732dffa50541a5deefc67e9acd0ec.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/05/2019 at 17:05, MarkyG82 said:

Since updating my head unit to mib2 Amundsen and using a very second hand screen from rustynuts, I decided to cover up the damage to the surround and at the same time get rid of the fingerprint magnet. The glossy screen is the old Amundsen mib1 that I'm yet to sell.

Now the question, should I do the edging in silver to match (somewhat) the chrome trim around the vents?

What do people think?

Edit: cheap black vinyl from eBay btw.

You covered the head unit with matt vinyl??

Can you provide a few details, tips? Have been planning to do this and  Already have the vinyl but can not convince myself how to make the edges look good.  Does the faceplate come off to get behind?  Do you heat around the display (without damaging the LCD)?

On 24 May 2019 at 17:51, shyVRS245 said:

Conducted an experiment. Sunroof closed on the commute today and got 44.7mpg. Yesterday open sunroof and 42.2mpg.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just to finish the 3 day experiment today being Bank Holiday traffic (Saturday) sunroof closed and amazed with this result.

image.jpg

image.jpg

went to the dealer to reove CP from the can gateway to get VC controls on the touch screen and ODIS servers were down, i removed all the errors from my virtual cockpit except for the SOS call error. Im thinking the donor car had an sos button or similar. 

i tidied the wiring over the dash to the phone mount. from this...

20190418_202739.thumb.jpg.44963f20a6cec7c8c34e190c29d96ddf.jpg

to this.....

tidy3.thumb.jpg.17733413a5f7d78d0bb1a556af62bf79.jpg

tidy2.thumb.jpg.b8cb82513fc8c0941114000be30931e2.jpg

tidy1.jpg.af3886b05cb4fe5d20e024741982cbd7.jpg

its a magnetic charging dock as my phone is too big to fit in the tray under the radio.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 17:51, shyVRS245 said:

Conducted an experiment. Sunroof closed on the commute today and got 44.7mpg. Yesterday open sunroof and 42.2mpg.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Open sunroof slowed you down by 5mph and it took 5 mins longer as a result?

On 24/05/2019 at 21:15, hirez said:

You covered the head unit with matt vinyl??

Can you provide a few details, tips? Have been planning to do this and  Already have the vinyl but can not convince myself how to make the edges look good.  Does the faceplate come off to get behind?  Do you heat around the display (without damaging the LCD)?

Yeah matt black. Came out ok but will need to do it again as it's coming away at the corners of the screen. The black panel comes away from the unit with some little effort. Found it easiest to pop it off at the bottom corners then work up the sides, top, then bottom. A couple of the tabs broke but it went back with no issues. The reason it is peeling is due to me trimming it flush with edge. Should have pulled it tight and refitted it as is.

Will get some silver for the edge and do that at the same time as redoing the black.