No Aux in :(

I picked up my replacement bear at the weekend and plan detailing all of the differences in what should be a like for like swap in a post soon. 

Aside from the removal of wireless charging which I was expecting the Kodiaq no longer has a aux in.  

As a consequence my sons MP3 player no longer plugs in. I understand the, ‘it’s 2019 use Bluetooth point of view.’ 

But I’ve recently bought an amazon echo input that uses the kodiaq Wi-Fi connection and the Aux in to give me great streaming music and radio, totally 2019! The speech on the echo unit and hands free waking is better than anything apple, google or skoda have so was a great setup.  

Now I can’t plug it in and it doesn’t work over Bluetooth. 

Does anyone know if aux in can be added? I suspect it’s not that simple as the menu option is missing from the Columbus unit too or do I have to go back to 2018 and plug in my phone to charge it and press buttons to get amazon music on the bear?  Feels like a backward step. 

4 hours ago, HarryP said:

...But I’ve recently bought an amazon echo input that uses the kodiaq Wi-Fi connection and the Aux in to give me great streaming music and radio, totally 2019! 

Now I can’t plug it in and it doesn’t work over Bluetooth. 

The Amazon Echo can utilise either the 3.5mm Aux-In, or Bluetooth.

What do you mean it doesn't work over Bluetooth?

image.png.84814a8289bb623ec72be3587ef8bc08.png

The way the car pairs with a pin number doesn't work with the echo, only speakers that accept simple connections when in pairing mode, I've tried pairing the echo to the car and the car to the echo, no luck either way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Focusy said:

Thanks I'll give it a go for £6, and will have to plug the Echo in somewhere else for power, or get  a hub, lots of drama for a £40k car that should be simply clever

I’ve tried the Bluetooth again and it’s not playing.  

The 3.5mm to USB came today and isn’t recognised. 

It might have to be a 3.5mm to fm transmitter 

9 hours ago, HarryP said:

It might have to be a 3.5mm to fm transmitter

Whilst I admire your perseverance at finding a solution... surely it would just be easier to get the kid a new MP3 player?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Whilst I admire your perseverance at finding a solution... surely it would just be easier to get the kid a new MP3 player?

Most MP3 players don’t have Bluetooth 

Not hands free

4 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Have you thought of getting your son an iPod Touch? £199 for a 32gb model.

He paid £10 for his maybe £20 with a 32gb card. He’s got to prove he can hang on to and care for it before he gets a device like that. 

Edited by HarryP
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:36, Focusy said:

Has anyone tried this and found that it works?

We have a DVD system for the kids to watch movies on long journeys and it's been nice to connect via aux to our Mazda's audio system to play the sound through the speakers. We'd like to do the same in the Kodiaq.

Not tried the above but for alexa in the car I use an alexa enabled nextbase dash cam 522, can use it voice activated just the same as an echo in doors. Pairs to the car via bluetooth simple enough and works a treat.

20 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

It's bad enough having Alexa listening in around the house, the car should be sacred!

With the Amazon music subscription you can just tell Alexa what music or song you want to hear without having to fiddle about trying to find buttons or dabbing a touch screen when you're driving

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blakey092 said:

With the Amazon music subscription you can just tell Alexa what music or song you want to hear without having to fiddle about trying to find buttons or dabbing a touch screen when you're driving

Yup, I can do the same with Spotify and Android Auto.

• Like 1