Spark plugs changed still misfiring

4 minutes ago, LGM said:

Well yeh it looks like the right one, did you swap any wires over on the loom like I previously mentioned??

By loom i presume you mean the plastic/fabric covering over the wires?

i didnt do that

all i did was pull out the coil packs, take out the purple cover inside the connector plug and plug them in the red coil packs and stick those back in

1 hour ago, Skoffski said:

Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 16.22.56.png

Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 16.22.17.png

What does he do with the car terminal remover tool?

the video is the steps i followed took the purple part out, connected the plug and stuck the coil back in, but i find it doesnt sit firmly, no matter how hard you push down it will still feel loose/rotate with ease.. 

what does the coil adapter do?

1 minute ago, Skoffski said:

Acts as a spacer / bridge for the longer coils so they are not just sitting up unsupported. Blowing in the wind.

Stylee.

You can fabricate something or someone might do cheaper than those.

Right i got you

what about the pin removing tool the step after removing the purple plastic casing in the video, any idea what exactly he does ??

23 minutes ago, RezaVrs said:

Right i got you

what about the pin removing tool the step after removing the purple plastic casing in the video, any idea what exactly he does ??

if you want to start modding these twin chargers you need to be getting the right bolt on parts and maps i persoanally would only let RTMG performance in sheffield remap my car (they do launch control and pops and bangs) they are tried tested and been around long enough dealing with twin chargers cave and CTHE to be reputable they have twin chargers running 370BHP here in the uk by utilising S3 injectors, there own designed hybrid turbos,FMIC,air intake, blow off/diverter valves,uprated intake pipes , r8 coil packs , oil catch cans , stiffer valve springs and there OWN maps 

Managed to change all four cylinders to the red coils but the car will just not start

was a huge fight between myself and the oil breather pipe that wouldnt sit in its place after the longer coil pack.

connected everything up and it just wont start? Any advice?

You have worked out that the pin extractor was used to remove the leads that needed to be moved from where they were to where they need to be to work with these R8 coils, pins gets locked into backshells/connector bodies by their sprung tangs or locking elements and so need small tools to get them out.

11 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

You have worked out that the pin extractor was used to remove the leads that needed to be moved from where they were to where they need to be to work with these R8 coils, pins gets locked into backshells/connector bodies by their sprung tangs or locking elements and so need small tools to get them out.

Yeah i figured that out spent half the day on these coil packs, the video skoffski attached right at the end shows only 3 cylinders having been replaced, cylinder head 1 did not have a red top most likely due to the oil breather pipe giving him the same hassle it gave me but with 2 mans hands we secured it but i dont know how the others have managed 

as for the wiring, i believe the order needs to be changed in order to work with the R8 coils, tried using a really tiny screwdriver that fits in to the pin gap but couldnt figure out how the unlocking mechanism works for each wire.. checked youtube however still no help

It does seem that in the video cylinder 1 was not changed, so cannot see the point in only fitting 3.

You need the proper terminal release tool like....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laser-3932-terminal-release-tool-for-VW-and-Audi-VAG-electrical-terminal-blocks/382215098455?epid=11011376951&hash=item58fdcb9057:g:QmIAAOSwa3BaKT1G

Right guys i really need someone who’s actually fitted these darn coils to their VRS to respond because i’ve just spent the past 3 hours opening each and every connecter wire from the port and rearranged each one precisely as shown in the video. Car still does not start up!

i can not even go to work tomorow as a result of this

Maybe look up/Google "micro timer contacts" or "micro timer terminals" or "micro timer connectors" to get some insight into how these contacts get retained/locked in the "bodies", it is one of these 2 pronged Laser Tools extractors that I tend to use along with maybe some small "dress making" pins, like the ones that come with shirts etc - or used it! Always remember to push the wire+contact further into the body/shell and hold it in there while trying to get the locking tang depressed, then pull the out with the contact.

Edit:- actually after checking the link for the Laser Tools extractor, there are other extractors shown and if you look at the "26 piece set" item, there is a picture of a cut away of this type of contact showing the 2 side locking tangs that the 2 pronged tool needs to close up or depress so that they clear the sides of the connector body.

Edited by rum4mo

6 hours ago, RezaVrs said:

Right guys i really need someone who’s actually fitted these darn coils to their VRS to respond because i’ve just spent the past 3 hours opening each and every connecter wire from the port and rearranged each one precisely as shown in the video. Car still does not start up!

i can not even go to work tomorow as a result of this

Head over to the mk2 VRS facebook page, There's quite a few on there fitted them and Christoz that works at RTMG is a member  who frequently provides good info.

15 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

Head over to the mk2 VRS facebook page, There's quite a few on there fitted them and Christoz that works at RTMG is a member  who frequently provides good info.

First thing i did this morning was call RTMG and got advised to check to fuses all, one fuse number 30 was blown, responsible for fuel pump, ignition, cruise control and the operation of PTC relay.. 

fired up like a dream once i replaced this, not even a single jutter 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RezaVrs said:

First thing i did this morning was call RTMG and got advised to check to fuses all, one fuse number 30 was blown, responsible for fuel pump, ignition, cruise control and the operation of PTC relay.. 

Good stuff, This is a must do upgrade if you ask me.

How much did the whole kit set you back?

11 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

Good stuff, This is a must do upgrade if you ask me.

How much did the whole kit set you back?

Only £45 for all 4 believe it or not

works like magic, just because it doesnt have the big NGK logo or whatever other big brand hence the price

KIMISS 4pcs Repalce Ignition Coil System for 06E905115E https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JGS8XQZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wsz9CbVFC5ZGS

EDIT....

NGK's not as expensive as I thought.......approx £23 each.......very surprising.

There is also a black one listed which is more money at £35 each.........

07K905715F

Edited by UrbanPanzer

10 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

Reliabiltiy ?

replacing factory parts with chinese copies, not what I would say is reliable.

I doubt audi R8 coil packs are even as cheap as £45 each !!

I was on about the original Audi r8 coils not the copy's.

We only need to browse this forum for 5 minutes and you'll see posts littered with plugs and coil issues, Having that problem eliminated and replaced with what should have been the original factory setup provides the piece of mind, reliability and spark these cars should have came with.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:39, RezaVrs said:

What bracket/holder did you purchase?

23 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

I was on about the original Audi r8 coils not the copy's.

We only need to browse this forum for 5 minutes and you'll see posts littered with plugs and coil issues, Having that problem eliminated and replaced with what should have been the original factory setup provides the piece of mind, reliability and spark these cars should have came with.

What bracket/holder did you purchase?

Well said!

i havent bought a bracket so they’re dangling abit in the air

the only one i’ve seen is for €125 from RTMG, do you know of any slighlty cheaper elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, RezaVrs said:

i havent bought a bracket so they’re dangling abit in the air

the only one i’ve seen is for €125 from RTMG, do you know of any slighlty cheaper elsewhere?

To be honest.....I was just lining that question up myself for you to answer,£125 is steep, how secure are yours and they holding out under load?

Edited by Mickmartin

2 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

To be honest.....I was just lining that question up myself for you to answer,£125 is steep, how secure are yours and they holding out under load?

So far its all good and well no problems

however the real question is will that brace even fit giving the fact the cylinder one is really tight fit due to the breather pipe literally pressing on top of the coil it was a real nightmare fitting that one