Sold my vRS

After a few years of happy ownership, I've changed my vRS diesel hatch for a different car. 

Dealer that took it will probably have it on auto trader in a few days. Its fairly clean car with 65k on the clock. It's got lots of vcds tweaks done to it but standard in every other way and it had the dodgy water pump changed last year. 

Sad to see it go but pleased to be back in a petrol. 

media.jpg

11 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is that the 211bhp version?:thinking:

Yeah.

It had a few factory option ticked when new, extended lighting pack, front sensors, nav and power boot. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

I wouldn't drive it on the road with that numberplate, you'll get pulled quite quickly 🙄

Seems there are a lot of cars on this forum with 'dodgy' number plates. 😉

• Like 3

Never understood this snowflake mentality about obscuring something that's on public view 24/7.

I guess it's that "I spend my life on socal media but keep parts of my world secret because it gives me a buzz" thing that millennials get high on?

(In my day back at school it was the equivalent of putting your arm around your quiz answers at school so that no-one else could read them.......I never understood that mentality when I was 9 FFS).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Never understood this snowflake mentality about obscuring something that's on public view 24/7.

I always thought it was simply a case of not making it any easier (than it already is) to let eejits clone your plates and send you lots of lovely speeding and parking tickets?

Gaz 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, V6TDI said:

I always thought it was simply a case of not making it any easier (than it already is) to let eejits clone your plates and send you lots of lovely speeding and parking tickets?

Gaz 

I pumped "Audi A4 Avant 2.0T S-Line" into AutoTrader and got almost 1,500 cars (all with number plates on display).

This business of masking your numberplate is a snowflake thing that I've never understood?  If you're a bad person intent on cloning someone's plate you use a car selling website, not an obscure Skoda forum?

• Like 1

The effect on me for number plates cloned from Autotrader is nil though, as none of those 1,500 cars will be mine.  It's my plate I don't want made any easier to clone.

Gaz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

I guess it's that "I spend my life on socal media but keep parts of my world secret because it gives me a buzz" thing that millennials get high on?

(In my day back at school it was the equivalent of putting your arm around your quiz answers at school so that no-one else could read them.......I never understood that mentality when I was 9 FFS).

Hmmm...   Now if your usename were your real name then I can see your point, but can I ask why you're using SkodaVRS1965 rather than your real name?

Pot calling the kettle black?

As others say, it's much easier to check autotrader than troll thru many forum pages looking for the picture of a specific car but the last thing I'd want is for someone to identify my car because

a: someone might have taken offence at some comment I made, see my car and leave me a gift,  or 

b: there are several threads here of people who've spent much money (not to mention time and effort) on their pride and joy. Now if I saw that car with all those amps, crossovers, bass boxes and speakers, I was of the criminal mindset and I regularly see that car drive around my area (some folk even tell you their location to help you along - i.e. Bath) then Bingo!  Smash and grab in under 10secs.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Hmmm...   Now if your usename were your real name then I can see your point, but can I ask why you're using SkodaVRS1965 rather than your real name?

Pot calling the kettle black?

As others say, it's much easier to check autotrader than troll thru many forum pages looking for the picture of a specific car but the last thing I'd want is for someone to identify my car because

a: someone might have taken offence at some comment I made, see my car and leave me a gift,  or 

b: there are several threads here of people who've spent much money (not to mention time and effort) on their pride and joy. Now if I saw that car with all those amps, crossovers, bass boxes and speakers, I was of the criminal mindset and I regularly see that car drive around my area (some folk even tell you their location to help you along - i.e. Bath) then Bingo!  Smash and grab in under 10secs.

Hear hear

18 hours ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Since I've been a member on Briskoda all I see is you comment on folks not showing their number plate. You must be a constant record on loop. Change the bloody tune FFS :wondering:  just coz you don't like it so what, why keep mentioning it all the time. This must be half your posts made up of number plate comments. 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 10:20, Boundy123 said:

..... extended lighting pack......

I quite like it.  It's got a bit of a victorian look about it, but the yellow diagonal stripes suit it 😁

Tungsten filament or candlepower?

Gaz

On 10/06/2019 at 11:12, BATVANVRS said:

just coz you don't like it so what, why keep mentioning it all the time.

I wouldn't call a couple of posts pointing out the folly of obscuring something that you're legally obliged to display to the entire world as "mentioning it all the time".

If you look at my posting history, my biggest gripe will almost certainly be 43mpg out of my VRS diesel when Skoda certified the engine at 61mpg.

For reference, my petrol 250bhp Ford Focus ST3 (sold it today) had 16,700 miles on it and according to my fuel spreadsheet I put in 452 litres over the life of the vehicle (which puts it at pretty much 37mpg).

Now either Ford's performance engines are very efficient or the VAG 2.0 turbo diesel units are massively inefficient.  There's no way a high performance petrol engine should be able to get within 6mpg of any diesel engine.

The vag diesel units are good, the passat r line I had was well into the 60s but then its designed to be a motorway cruiser,  I had an ST250 and I never got anywhere near 37mpg, but then thats the way I drove it, I didnt buy a sporty car to drive like an old lady

Fuel spreadsheet!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaa rock and roll man!!!! I think you should spend more time driving and less time putting data onto a spreadsheet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 15/06/2019 at 01:13, SkodaVRS1963 said:

I wouldn't call a couple of posts pointing out the folly of obscuring something that you're legally obliged to display to the entire world as "mentioning it all the time".

If you look at my posting history, my biggest gripe will almost certainly be 43mpg out of my VRS diesel when Skoda certified the engine at 61mpg.

For reference, my petrol 250bhp Ford Focus ST3 (sold it today) had 16,700 miles on it and according to my fuel spreadsheet I put in 452 litres over the life of the vehicle (which puts it at pretty much 37mpg).

Now either Ford's performance engines are very efficient or the VAG 2.0 turbo diesel units are massively inefficient.  There's no way a high performance petrol engine should be able to get within 6mpg of any diesel engine.

And yet here you are again buying another Skoda diesel!

Edited by Gerrycan

On 15/06/2019 at 17:42, PJVRS said:

The vag diesel units are good, the passat r line I had was well into the 60s but then its designed to be a motorway cruiser,  I had an ST250 and I never got anywhere near 37mpg, but then thats the way I drove it, I didnt buy a sporty car to drive like an old lady

Our ST3 mk3.5 has averaged 35.8 mpg over 7k miles and that is driving it not like an old lady. If we do, it easily gets over 40 mpg. 

A petrol within 6mpg ish of a diesel is the way its always been.  Just VW lied for around 10 years and the gullible believed them.  Along with other manufacturers. Officially there is 10mpg difference under the much more accurate wltp. And thats after sacrificing 60 hp to have a ****ty diesel. 

On 09/06/2019 at 17:00, SkodaVRS1963 said:

sounds like your the snowflake lol if he wants to hide the plate number let em!