Anyone had a remap 280 4x4 ?

Hi - has anyone experience of remapping their  280   (not pedal box)

2018  Superb 280 4x4 Hatch DSG

I know Revo  do it   and APR  (VRS northampton)   but would prefer to hear first hand experiences.

the BHP claims are fantastic for simple stage 1 map

any comments appreciated

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine had his 280 Sportline remapped to 350HP and ~460Nm 😍 about 1 year ago. He's really happy with it and the sleeper effect! He also made it remapped to enable flex fuel utilization.

He has been telling me that it increases the fuel consumption by 20% but he saves 60% each time he fills up the tank. The return on investment is then quite quick (less than a year) for both remapping 👍.

He's completely satisfied with remapping! He recently explained me how he got a Porsche Boxter owner really surprised on the Motorway. The later arrived suddenly behind him with high beams flashing to make other ones get 'parked' on the slower lane 😈. When the car in front of my friend moved to the slower lane, he switched the DSG to S-Mode, gave full throttle and the Boxter owner suddenly got stuck 😯 and found himself waaaaaaaaaay behind 😭 the Skoda!

Perfect sleeper effect!  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 2

the 280 engine can obviously  be remapped a fair old bit, but i'd be concerned about the torque limit of the dsg box, especially the 6 speed box.

11 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

A friend of mine had his 280 Sportline remapped to 350HP and ~460Nm 😍 about 1 year ago. He's really happy with it and the sleeper effect! He also made it remapped to enable flex fuel utilization.

He has been telling me that it increases the fuel consumption by 20% but he saves 60% each time he fills up the tank. The return on investment is then quite quick (less than a year) for both remapping 👍.

He's completely satisfied with remapping! He recently explained me how he got a Porsche Boxter owner really surprised on the Motorway. The later arrived suddenly behind him with high beams flashing to make other ones get 'parked' on the slower lane 😈. When the car in front of my friend moved to the slower lane, he switched the DSG to S-Mode, gave full throttle and the Boxter owner suddenly got stuck 😯 and found himself waaaaaaaaaay behind 😭 the Skoda!

Perfect sleeper effect!  🤣🤣🤣

i dont believe the fuel consumption claims of these remap companies 

its in the manufacturers interest to give customers the best mpg possible, so if  it was possible surely they would do it

Sorry, I may not explain correctly.

The fuel consumtion increases by +20% when he uses E85 instead of french SP95 Gasoline.

But he price for full tank filling is 60% cheaper. I've seen 0.709 €/l for E85 and 1,502 €/l for SP95 this morining at the gas station.

It's not remap companies values, it's what he notices and pays and thus factual values.

Additionally, don't forget that car manufacturers give their best to reach the lowest fuel consumption for car drivers.

They give their best to make the best scores according to Euro6 Norms, which is based on a complete unrealistic use case / use cycle. This is absolutely not representative of what we can usually face on daily situations. ;)

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

the 280 engine can obviously  be remapped a fair old bit, but i'd be concerned about the torque limit of the dsg box, especially the 6 speed box.

This is why my friend also plans to have his DSG box remapped too, to accept the torque increase.

I've read that some companies propose DSG remap up to 850 Nm 😲 compared to the 380 Nm manufacturer stock value.

If 850 can obviously raise strong doubts... 460 Nm can be considered quite 'reasonable'...

Hi, a have a custom map on my 272. I’m very happy with it.

don’t know how much hp it gained, but i can tell you that before i had 18.5 sec from 100 to 200 (gps), and now it runs 100-200 in 12.5 (gps).

0-200 km/h in 16.9 sec. it’s a sleeper 😎 !

Now the only problem is that knowing this engine can deliver much more power with few other modifications makes me want to upgrade...

38 minutes ago, Roscio said:

don’t know how much hp it gained, but i can tell you that before i had 18.5 sec from 100 to 200 (gps), and now it runs 100-200 in 12.5 (gps).

Now the only problem is that knowing this engine can deliver much more power with few other modifications makes me want to upgrade...

7 speed dsg box ?

The 7 speed box in the 272 engine is never a problem with remaps compared to the  6 speeder.

The skys the limit as they say  😎

44 minutes ago, Roscio said:

Cheers - who did the map ?  

12 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

7 speed dsg box ?

The 7 speed box in the 272 engine is never a problem with remaps compared to the  6 speeder.

The skys the limit as they say  😎

Yes, 7speed DQ381 stock gearbox. But now for upgrading i have to remap dsg too...

11 minutes ago, Woodside99 said:

Cheers - who did the map ?  

here you go  

https://adrenalinachiptuning.it/skoda-superb-2-0-tfsi-272cv-my2019/

(i’m italian)

16 hours ago, Roscio said:

Can I please ask, if this is a 'custom' map then how was it done?  If you don't know the power gains then I can assume no dyno was involved, so was this done via live data-logging on a road test? 

18 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Can I please ask, if this is a 'custom' map then how was it done?  If you don't know the power gains then I can assume no dyno was involved, so was this done via live data-logging on a road test? 

Hi @penguin17 the map is customized as it does not derive from REVO or APR or other already prepared. I can't tell you how it was done, you should ask Lorenzo Adrenalinachiptuning.it.
For calibrating the ECU parameters, tests were done on a closed road by the technician. I don't know it for sure but i assume it was done via live data-loggin, I can ask if you want. It took about 4 hours. When i came back both i and the technician made a road test and i was really happy of the result.

I only reported my first hand experience as @Woodside99 requested.
I confirm that no dyno was involved, by my choice (I don't trust the results, just want GPS feedback). Power should be about 340 hp, based on gps times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roscio said:

Hi @penguin17 the map is customized as it does not derive from REVO or APR or other already prepared. I can't tell you how it was done, you should ask Lorenzo Adrenalinachiptuning.it.
For calibrating the ECU parameters, tests were done on a closed road by the technician. I don't know it for sure but i assume it was done via live data-loggin, I can ask if you want. It took about 4 hours. When i came back both i and the technician made a road test and i was really happy of the result.

I only reported my first hand experience as @Woodside99 requested.
I confirm that no dyno was involved, by my choice (I don't trust the results, just want GPS feedback). Power should be about 340 hp, based on gps times.

Thanks. 

Regardless of times and such, are you happy with the map and do you think it makes the car 'better'? The car isn't exactly slow to begin with, does the extra bhp make a big difference?  

5 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Thanks. 

Regardless of times and such, are you happy with the map and do you think it makes the car 'better'? The car isn't exactly slow to begin with, does the extra bhp make a big difference?  

Of course i’m happy with this map!

and yes, it makes the car better, the difference compared to before is remarkable. More torque makes the difference in normal driving. I also have an Octavia, Diesel 140, remapped too. Torque now is on Superb like my remapped Diesel Octavia... before remap it was not the same.

Our Superb is fast since we bought it brand new, you know, but by remapping you will know what this car is really capable of...

1 hour ago, Roscio said:

Of course i’m happy with this map!

and yes, it makes the car better, the difference compared to before is remarkable. More torque makes the difference in normal driving. I also have an Octavia, Diesel 140, remapped too. Torque now is on Superb like my remapped Diesel Octavia... before remap it was not the same.

Our Superb is fast since we bought it brand new, you know, but by remapping you will know what this car is really capable of...

What was the advice given with regards to the GPF?  The article you linked to makes reference to it but does not translate well.   Are they saying that you can apply a map but only to a certain level with the standard GPF in place? Beyond that presumably you are looking at some kind of GPF removal?

7 hours ago, Chas51 said:

What was the advice given with regards to the GPF?  The article you linked to makes reference to it but does not translate well.   Are they saying that you can apply a map but only to a certain level with the standard GPF in place? Beyond that presumably you are looking at some kind of GPF removal?

It only says that mine is the new one with GPF and that this engine was originally very limited.

GPF is still there, it would be better to remove it as it limits the cooling of the turbo. So straight downpipe and new air intake system, and the is38 can work even at 1.8 bar (now about 1.6, default 1.2). ECU and dsg remap would be needed too in this case.
With these few modifications it could even reach 380 hp and gain even more torque.
But then there would be warranty problems, so better wait for now.

8 hours ago, Roscio said:

It only says that mine is the new one with GPF and that this engine was originally very limited.

GPF is still there, it would be better to remove it as it limits the cooling of the turbo. So straight downpipe and new air intake system, and the is38 can work even at 1.8 bar (now about 1.6, default 1.2). ECU and dsg remap would be needed too in this case.
With these few modifications it could even reach 380 hp and gain even more torque.
But then there would be warranty problems, so better wait for now.

Many thanks.  Let us know know how you get on longer term with your map.

• 10 months later...

I've come to the conclusion that when my apr stage 1 remap was done, they didn't unlock the 'limiters'

Today I noticed on the sport information screen, that 206kw is the maximum it will show, even though the revs were still climbing in the same gear.

2.5 bar was the highest boost pressure seen.

I’ve had a Revo stage 1 done on my 220. 

I’ve been roasted on here in the past for quoting Revo’s figures and my new 0-60 times, so all I will say is

It’s worth it, get it done

23 hours ago, Bigeater said:

I've come to the conclusion that when my apr stage 1 remap was done, they didn't unlock the 'limiters'

Today I noticed on the sport information screen, that 206kw is the maximum it will show, even though the revs were still climbing in the same gear.

2.5 bar was the highest boost pressure seen.

You have to deduct atmospheric pressure from that, 1.5-1.6bar is typically where all stage 1 maps max out, with an actual 2.5bar your turbo would not still be inside your engine bay!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well, that's blown my tuning ideas out of the water.

I've just enquired about moving to apr stage 2 and i'll have to settle for a milltek downpipe instead.

The apr downpipe is now discontinued, and anyone wanting an apr stage 2 tune will have to have it flashed before 7th September.

• 3 weeks later...