Citigo radio pin outs 2017 onwards

Cromium73

Does anyone have the pin outs for the latest Citigo radio without the CD player, I believe 2017 onwards (might be 2016 also)? It has the model name: "MIB2 Entry", model number: L69SK2, part number: 1ST 035871A. Has anyone attempted to install the latest head unit in a pre- 2016 car?

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

please find attached files. pdf is from workshop manual for the FL models. although I think some pins are not described but I can be mistaken. jpg is actual photo of the pin diagram of the actual radio. let me know how you getting on with your retrofit as im tempted to do the same on my car.

radio_plug_mqb.jpg

mqb_pins.pdf

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi i am also trying to retrofit this model in my 2017 citigo and for the moment the official dealer told me that it must be wired with the can system of the car and even after that he is not sure it will work!for now the radio works on safe mode so it turns automatically off after a while but i can listen to radio stations!

Could you explain it with more details please cause I am not very used to car electronics I am trying but I don't have much knowledge!What is the CAN comfort?the obd socket I know it already I have an obdeleven for coding although I don't know the codes!!!The bsg unit is the belt-starter generator?in the photo there is the can pin high and low ?

You plug everything in at your own risk .....

This is how I wired FL citigo with 5F MIB2 radio

You connect CAN bus COMFORT not CAN bus DRIVE !!!

First check if you have wires in OBD2 socket pins 8 and 9. 
If so, you can connect to them, see the wiring diagram.
If there is nothing there you have to finish the wires from BCM J519 (J533) unit pins 20 and 21 (CAN Comfort High/Low bus) on T73 b connector and connect it to radio CAN H/L pins and obd2 socket pins 8 / 9.

SEE WIRING

J519 (J533) Onboard power supply UNIT or BCM (09 Cent. Elect.)

B406 CAN Comfort LOW  connection in the cable harness

B397 CAN Comfort HIGH  connection in the cable harness

After connecting all wires you activate in 19 CAN GETWAY your device either 5F device or 56 radio... 

After activation in 19 CAN Getway and proper wiring, you will connect to the radio via diagnostics and the automatic radio shutdown must work when the key is removed.

Next, component protection will activate and you will need to visit your local dealer to unlock.

Sorry for my english

Good luck

wiring.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again after a good look to my car i realised that i dont have any connection between 20 21 pins of J533 and radio CAN H/L and also obd2 socket pins 8/9.So i must to put them myself but the problem is how to release fuse box obd2 socket and J533 support in order to have access to J533 connectors.I tried and i stopped cause i couldnt release obd2 socket.Any suggestions of experience?

Hey, it's a bit of a dumb job, but it works. Just remove the driver's side panel, unscrew the bottom cover above the pedals with the screws on the side and remove a bit, I don't loosen the screws in the center panel. Then look at how the relay box and J533/J519 unit is mounted, which is held by a hidden nut on the side of the car.
The pictures are for left hand drive...

Good luck

J519_J533.png

driver bottom trim.png

left side driver cover.png

hello again and thanks for the reply

i did remove all plastic panels the only job that seems difficult is to remove the whole fuse box to have a better access but i think i will get it done without any problems!!!for the new cables i have to install i saw in the pictures a 0.35 diameter and some special metalic ends in order to put it inside the connector.

Anyway i will come back with some photos of my work!!

thanks again and if you have more useful tips to give me please do!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

i followed your instructions and everything worked perfect!!all functions are activated and working without any issue!!

the only problem we saw on my local vw dealer is that on diagnostics there are some bytes or codes which is not programed because my BCM unit was factory programed for a poor model version which didnt include an infotainment system.So i would like to ask if you have update already the BCM unit in your car and which codes or what coding did you do?i have obdeleven and vcds if i need to recode but i dont know anything about codes!!!

thanks

• 10 months later...

I did this installation on my girlfriends 2013 CItigo.

- Changed BCM // 1S0937090B to 1S0937090F

- Changed speedometer/cluster // 1ST920870 

- Changed the radio to MIB2 Entry // 1ST035871A

You need the MIB quadlock adapter, make sure it is a long one.

You need the USB triangle on top of your dashboard.

You need THIS cable.

And of course someone who can program the facelift cluster for you and pair it with the radio to get rid of the CP. 

To make the look complete you need the facelift interior/dome light: 6R0947106. It might look like a Polo 6R P/N, but it is also found in the facelift Up!.

Here you can clip in a microphone and connect this to the radio (blue connector).

52507753850_9bbce6918b_b.jpg

• Like 1