Karoq on yeti winters?

speedy2

Hi Skoda Guru’s

my wife’s just sealed the deal on a karoq sel on 18 inch wheels.  my question is, will the  17 inch winter wheels that we’ve been using on her yeti fit on it? 

They are 225 50 17, it would be awesome if they did. 

Thanks in advance  

tom

11 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Well if I had them in my garage I'd stick 'em on, it'll make no discernible difference to the speed.......it'll read slightly fast - 70 on the dial would become 69.

Read the measurements in posts 1 & 2 again.

Apologies.

Disregard! I was thinking of something else.

Edited by Guest
RTFQ!

@Berisford

If they were in my garage i would measure with a tape measure the winter 225/50 R17 compared to the 18's & Tyres and see what the circumference difference actually is.

Just to know.

Not just to bother about a speedo because it might be more accurate than it leaves the factory with the OEM tyres on.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

No point making a SUV on winter tyres have less ground clearance, even if just the difference between Ooo & Ahhh.

Edited by Roottootemoot

@agedbriar

As you will know if you actually measure rather than going by numbers on sidewalls, the likes of a Pirelli 205/40 R 17 can be bigger than some other brand of 215/40 R15.

Or a winter tyre of the same size as a Summer tyre measure differently side by side.

So for the lazy 'Comparison sites' give the theory, best actually put side by side. 

Then use the link you have on dimensions you need to comply with.

But then seeing as the UK should comply with the EU, many do not when it comes to Winters, Off Road Tyres, 4x4 tyres etc.

Reason being the MOT lets it goes, police officers let it go, unless there is an accident, then police or Insurance examiners do not 'let it go'.

Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 19.21.41.png

Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 19.22.00.png

Thanks guys I’ll have ponder and maybe ask my tire guy and see what he thinks. I’m very risk adverse and would hate an insurance claim to be voided by me being tight/ silly. I’ve got a few months to think about it. Thanks again 

Hey speedy2

I fitted my yeti spitzberg wheels on the 1.5 karoq, the 18" wheels that come as standard on the karoq sel are the same offset as the yeti 7J ET45. The circumference of the 18 wheels is 83.139" the circumference of a 17r 215/55  is 82.658" which is a difference of 0.48" or about 0.6% so nothing really to be concerned about. 

Our Yeti winter tyres are 215/60 R16 and the Karoq wheels are 215/50 R18, so the Yeti wheel circumference is 1.1% less than the Karoq. I remember Kenny R mentioning that he gave his tyres to his son for his Karoq, so will it be allright to fit my Yeti wheels in the autumn?

Not sure about 16" clearing brakes.....  I just sold a set 16" Yeti winter wheels and bought 17" Karoq ones - they have only a little clearance - when compared to my 19" Standard fit.

1 hour ago, SimonAudi said:

Not sure about 16" clearing brakes.....  I just sold a set 16" Yeti winter wheels and bought 17" Karoq ones - they have only a little clearance - when compared to my 19" Standard fit.

16” wheels with 215x 60 tyres do fit and are a Skoda recommended size for winter wheels, and is also a spare wheel size. As mentioned by Wimmy my son had my Yeti winter wheels fitted to his 1.5 Tsi Karoq Edition last winter in place of the standard 19” wheels.

Edited by Kenny R

The space saver spare is 18"

The Skoda dealer recommended for the Karoq is 17" wheels on my model 2.0 TDI Edition DSG 4x4

But looking at this below - which dealer supplied - looks like 16" should fit.

Mine was 205 55 R16 -  off Yeti - which was too small a profile to the list below.. and quite a bit smaller when next to each other - So would have needed new Tyres... but could have reused rims.

I purchased a set of Triton for the Karoq  (215 / 55 /17) and Mitykas for  the Kodiaq - On Order -  (215 / 65 / 17 ) 

image.thumb.png.f037078e368ea037111fc6f4db8f9735.pngimage.thumb.png.a28c593b7624a0cb58e3ec83a8cd90f5.png

• Like 1

Nice one SimonAudi for posting. I've been pondering a new set of  wheels and tyres for my car that has the 19" wheels fitted.

I used to switch tyres on my Yeti on the same wheels and parting with if I recall £60 a tyre set swap charge, with summer tyres consigned to my garage. At the time it made more sense to tyre swap tyres only, it looks like I can't do this now with 19" wheels. Possibly time to look for some new wheels.

Edited by Hairball