Slow factory orders

jinxgj

Just been on to Skoda via the chat portal and they are now estimating a build time mid to late November. 

Not bad considering I ordered it the first week of June....NOT!!

8 months to build a car!????

I am giving serious consideration to cancelling and if I can find something else that suits my needs I might just do it.  Terraco anyone?

12 minutes ago, jinxgj said:

Just been on to Skoda via the chat portal and they are now estimating a build time mid to late November. 

Not bad considering I ordered it the first week of June....NOT!!

8 months to build a car!????

I am giving serious consideration to cancelling and if I can find something else that suits my needs I might just do it.  Terraco anyone?

What are your options for cancelling once you’ve paid a deposit?

15 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

If it makes you feel any better your time frame is 'only' 5 months,  not 8.

HTH!

Thanks

6th june order date.... unconfirmed build start date of 18th Nov....a week to build it and park it up...then 2-3 weeks waiting for shipping (optimistic) then a week for dealership shenanigans and PDI.

That makes a handover date of about mid December so 6.5 months.

The build date is unconfirmed so I expect a delay there and more than a few weeks at the port.

Granted...on reflection 8 months was a little too pessimistic....more like 7.  Not bad for an official lead time of 12 weeks at the point of ordering.

14 minutes ago, ChinChiminey85 said:

What are your options for cancelling once you’ve paid a deposit?

I ordered it with a 12 week lead time, so I would expect to get my deposit back on cancellation as they have not met the contract. I would give them 4 weeks grace, but multiple months is not good enough.  If the dealership had said November from the start I would have been able to better assess my options at the time and make an informed decision.

@jinxgj

Does the contract you entered have that in the T&C's and has a guaranteed delivery date?

I have had a deposit back and interest on the money, but the Contract . Order form was English Law & i am in Scotland and so was the Motor Group / Arnold Clark.

If the price now in the UK is not the price after October then there will be plenty cancelling orders.

@ChinChiminey85

What size of deposit did you pay and what does the Contract / T&C's say about price rises or cancelling?

Edited by Roottootemoot

2 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

Is that for the 190 BHP engine? My understanding is that it's at least 25 weeks for the 190 but 'only' 14-16 weeks for the 150 BHP.

Yeah 190...but actually 180 (GPF-less) when I ordered it.

I get that there has been a re-tool of the factory but the dealership did not inform me of that at the time of ordering - which is my the crux of my annoyance.

And..the fact the dealer has not even spoken to me about lead times since I ordered.  I rang them and asked, and they said they dont know, and they do not even know my order number.🙄

2 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

If the price now in the UK is not the price after October then there will be plenty cancelling orders.

@ChinChiminey85

What size of deposit did you pay and what does the Contract / T&C's say about price rises or cancelling?

My deposit is "only" £500 so not the end of the world if I do cancel and lose it...not an inconsiderable sum, but nontheless.

Just now, Roottootemoot said:

@jinxgj

You had best communicate with the Dealer Principal or the Director of Finance and not a Salesperson.  

In writing, 

ask the questions, get the answers.

I have just done that very thing....along with informing them of my order number.

My deposit was £500, but i told them i wanted the interest paid at the cost of Finance as the car was never actually ordered from the factory and never going to be built as discontinued when Euro 5 came in.

I told them i had their Demonstrator and was keeping it until i got cash.  They said they were calling the Police, i said 'Make My Day'  i am calling the Local Radio & Papers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jinxgj said:

Yeah 190...but actually 180 (GPF-less) when I ordered it.

Strange they took an order for a 180 Tsi in June when this pricing and spec doc from May clearly shows the 190 Tsi was available then.

edit: in fact the 190 was available in February.

AA5D4C07-1DAF-4213-B27B-C53A997333E2.png

B043A157-CD2A-4CC8-9D1B-5872DE41C1EA.pngB043A157-CD2A-4CC8-9D1B-5872DE41C1EA.thumb.png.19abed0e2de2db2cd93392db35a60286.png

3710DE7B-C262-407F-A87F-F721020D75EA.png

C5EFCBD2-73EB-426C-A32A-625B48AEBEAD.png

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChinChiminey85 said:

still no build date for me either FYI

Ordered 26th July so 4 weeks ago this Friday

Same here, 23rd July for me. Very sparce on the info front from then on

1 hour ago, Paulkpr said:

I ordered 7th July and I have a confirmed build date of W/C 2nd September. 1.5 TSI DSG SE. It’s got to be engine dependant.

That's good to know thank you, mine's a 150TDI edition so hopefully it will be as prompt as yours seems to be and hopefully before brexit kicks in

8 minutes ago, WantAKodiac said:

Why is the build time so long 😱 lack of parts of thousands of orders they just can’t fulfil? Seems idiotic when Nissan can build cars every couple of minutes... 

Ironic that us Brits don't want to buy Nissan's made in Sunderland.:nod:

9 hours ago, WantAKodiac said:

Why is the build time so long 😱 lack of parts of thousands of orders they just can’t fulfil? Seems idiotic when Nissan can build cars every couple of minutes... 

They are building them, just not to the spec the customer has chosen

Basically you are correct, lack of certain parts used in some specs, it is a forecasting error, lack of capacity to build a part that is required in a higher proportion of the overall builds than forecast.

I bet your T&Cs on your order form also says only the pre-tax price is guaranteed, if VAT or import duty changes you have to pay whatever rate is in force (so if Johnson introduces WTO duty rates, you pay)

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

I bet your T&Cs on your order form also says only the pre-tax price is guaranteed, if VAT or import duty changes you have to pay whatever rate is in force (so if Johnson introduces WTO duty rates, you pay)

this is a great point - does anyone know what WTO duty rates are in case of the worst?

hope it's not enough to tip me over the £40k threshold 

• Haha 1

Ask @lol-lol

Seemingly he has the ear of the Government, EU and WTO.

Boris Johnson MP & Sajid Javid MP do not know, Jacob Rees-Mogg MP does not know but knows him and his clients will be rolling in it.

Salespeople i know well tell me that 'They know nothing about any 10% extra tariff etc',  that is because that is what they have been told to say.

3 monkeys.  

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.1c5f154eb3a9e5b957c098c67aac4000.jpg.a37c9dd7685ece1ef13cde25a3f1b9a6.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot