Slow factory orders

jinxgj

Had confirmation that my kodiaq will be delivered to me from the dealer this Friday 20/03. lets just hope the driver doesn't catch corona!

Edited by Carkus

1 minute ago, Phasio said:

Well, I guess that settles it, haha.

bare in mind the kodiaqs aren't built in the VW factory in germany, they're built in the czech republic so may be different, but most likely not.

says skoda has reduced. I guess in the wider scheme of things, keeping you and your family safe is the primary thing here. 

I'm still being told provisional build week of 16....will check back in a week or so, and see if there is an update on that, I do know the superb is built at the Kvasiny plant, so I'll keep an eye out for that one being suspended.

On 02/02/2020 at 13:05, pchor_1 said:

I`ve ordered on 3rd of January my L&K Petrol 190, Velvet Red, Beige sits, with some extras (Driver assistance package, Driver alert system with fatigue sensor, Electrically operated boot with kick activated boot (Virtual Pedal), Folding table on front seat backrests, Virtual Cockpit). Estimated time beginning of April.

On 06/03/2020 at 12:42, pchor_1 said:

Today`s update. My car is waiting for shipping.

My car from yesterday is at Port of Tyne.

• Like 1

My Kodiaq is supposed to finally arrive this week. Not a hope of that now.

So far, I have waited 8 months for the car I ordered. The first one, delivered end of January, did not have the options I had specified so I rejected it. Now waiting for the correct car to be delivered.

Oh the torment!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want a sweepstake on when the production line might get moving again.   I’m glad I’m not in a hurry, actually I’m more concerned about how I’m going to get rid of my current car, the second hand market has collapsed.

I've read somewhere in the auto press that Skoda Czech are planning to resume production with effect from 20th April....presumable at this stage it will be on a lower workforce base with all the necessary distancing in place.

Glad I ordered mine in January when my old car goes back in November.....still got half a chance it will go thru...and with the dealer taking on the px that is a worry I don't have.

3 minutes ago, CowsGoMoo said:

I've read somewhere in the auto press that Skoda Czech are planning to resume production with effect from 20th April....presumable at this stage it will be on a lower workforce base with all the necessary distancing in place.

Glad I ordered mine in January when my old car goes back in November.....still got half a chance it will go thru...and with the dealer taking on the px that is a worry I don't have.

Px?

I don`t know when I will be able to get my Kodiaq. I should sign papers prior delivery on the 24th March, but in the morning that day i had a phone call that due to lockdown they had to cancel it. Since that time they my dealer is closed 😕

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Woohoo! I got a call from the dealer this afternoon.

My car has arrived, finally. Including delivery of the wrong car and Covid, it has been 13 months. A bit longer than the original 12 week estimate. Let’s hope it has been worth the wait.

2 minutes ago, CFB said:

Woohoo! I got a call from the dealer this afternoon.

My car has arrived, finally. Including delivery of the wrong car and Covid, it has been 13 months. A bit longer than the original 12 week estimate. Let’s hope it has been worth the wait.

Hope they don't put a 19 plate on the car as a joke.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I should be collecting the car this Saturday. I’ve had to wait till the adaptations company returned to work, which they have now done. @shyVRS245 it’s going to have my plate on it too. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CFB said:

Well I should be collecting the car this Saturday. I’ve had to wait till the adaptations company returned to work, which they have now done. @shyVRS245 it’s going to have my plate on it too. 😁

I admire your patience as I couldn't BEAR to wait that long.:hi:

I had kind of accepted that the first would not arrive in the quoted 12 weeks because none of my previous orders have.

Due to my needs, I had done extensive research before choosing the car and it was the one that melted my needs best.

When it arrived and it was wrong, I would have been in the same position going to order from a different manufacturer and then having to live with a less than ideal car, so decided to continue. Then Covid hit! Bugger all anyone could do about that, so I just forgot about it for a while. Can’t wait to finally drive it off the forecourt now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy update,

I finally collected my shiny new toy on Monday, exactly 14 months and 2 days from date of order.

I appreciate Covid played its part though.

Theres so many gizmos and gadgets to fiddle with. 😀

One thing I did notice, which is a bonus, I appear to have front parking sensors.

They were an option when I placed the order, so I didn’t spec them, so I’m happy.

5851EAE7-578D-46C2-99ED-72C7CC39F640.jpeg.314358e1c33304fbccc7f65c5cda05b2.jpeg

Edited by CFB
  • Like 1