Superb 280 suspension

Has anyone upgraded their suspension on a 280  saloon   (it is standard  not DCC)

previous owner has put eibach lowering springs on mine, and the car bottoms out too easily.  (especially on speed bumps) even going slow

thinking to put B8 Bilsteins on    or buy some standard springs to put back on

I rather prefer a soft ride than sporty suspension a I rarely drive it hard.

cheers

David

Just put the original sportline springs back on mate they are very supple and work well for cruising. I personally like the lowered look and feel so I have H&R lowering springs on mine but the sportline springs still look and feel nice and are about 10mm lower than the standard superb 

• Like 1

Is it a sportline? If not the standard suspension is very bouncy, especially on speed bumps, that's why I put on h&r springs aswell.  They do compromise things but are still an improvement over standard. Upgrading the shocks might help?

It is a sportline 280

it has lowered eibachs put on by previosu owner with standard shocks, so wary of putting other lowered ones one.

but maybe change the shocks to Bilsteins to stiffen it a bit.

but I don't want to make it too stiff.

Or bite the bullet and pay skoda to put new standard sportline springs ons !!!

A slightly stiffer shock might reduce the compression on the spring enough to prevent bottoming out, go that route and then let me know if it works!😁

When it comes to upgrade the shocks I’ll be putting on the koni fsd I think they call them koni specials now. They are beautiful and damping is varied based on the type of compression. If it’s fast ie a bump it’s soft and if it’s slow ie a corner it stiffens up. Very clever and I think under 500 quid if you search hard enough. Those coupled with the eibach or H&R would be ace 

On 31/08/2019 at 15:48, Woodside99 said:

It is a sportline 280

it has lowered eibachs put on by previosu owner with standard shocks, so wary of putting other lowered ones one.

but maybe change the shocks to Bilsteins to stiffen it a bit.

but I don't want to make it too stiff.

Or bite the bullet and pay skoda to put new standard sportline springs ons !!!

Am I right in guessing the car hasn't got DCC? (adaptive suspension) 

Scrap  that! You wrote it in the 1st line but I read it bottom to top 😁

Guess this confirms once again the fact the non-DCC Sportline dampers are set too soft. Car shouldn't be bottoming out with mild lowering as the one it's got.

In theory I'd be happy to exchange my stock Sportline springs for your Eibachs but I'm a few thousand miles away and couldn't afford having the car off the road for so many days.

But maybe other 280 DCC owners nearby would be interested??

Edited by newbie69

• Administrators

@DpmPerformance Might have some insight :)

I was enquiring before making a DCC or not DCC choice.

If it's a sportline, looking at them, not sure I'd want to go lower. I know folk do... I've whinced at a few things in the road and of course kerbs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinD said:

@DpmPerformance Might have some insight :)

I was enquiring before making a DCC or not DCC choice.

If it's a sportline, looking at them, not sure I'd want to go lower. I know folk do... I've whinced at a few things in the road and of course kerbs!

DCC is well worth it - my mrs has it on her 280  and its better on suspension than mine.

mine looks better being a bit lower and on motorways etc no difference - but speed bumps and crappy roads are worse in mine than hers with DCC

• Like 1

DCC is no brainer... What makes car enjoyable? To me its ability to drive fast safely, acceleration, low noise and above all good suspension that evens out most bumps when traveling hundreds of miles/kilometers in one trip. DCC offers both sport and elegance in one package... Who replaces suspension every time they go on a long trip? With DCC you can do that with 1 press of a button.
That's just one functionality of it. There is also more. Car uses extra sensors to soften up suspensions just at the right time, but not in big turns or hard accelerations or hard stops. 

I'm trying to buy used 3.0 Diesel 265ps BMW G31 with Adaptive Chassis / AIR suspension and its really really hard one. People for some dumb reason don't opt in for these things at heavy price tags of G31 series... Repair costs later are not as huge as they may sound. I really want to know why :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

From reading your posts it sounds like back to standard would be the best option for you. It won't be cheap but it'll get what you want.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Yep. Probably the way to go.  Anywhere to buy other than skoda ?

• 3 years later...
On 02/09/2019 at 20:55, Esseesse200 said:

I have some standard sportline spring but they are for an estate. I’d be happy to swap them for the eibachs you have on 

Is there a part number on those rears please? Can't see it on mine 😞

On 27/10/2022 at 14:47, Donweather said:

Anyone purchased Eibachs from either of these guys?

https://eibachshop.com/index.php

https://www.tunershop.shop/

If so good or bad?

Bought mine through Tunershop via eBay. Price was the cheapest I could find and arrived pretty quick, considering I'm in AUS.

Are you referring to "good or bad" as an experience of the seller, or of the springs themselves?

10 hours ago, CRB123 said:

Bought mine through Tunershop via eBay. Price was the cheapest I could find and arrived pretty quick, considering I'm in AUS.

Are you referring to "good or bad" as an experience of the seller, or of the springs themselves?

Thanks. Was referring to experience in ordering and receiving and quality of product. 

Quality of the Eibach's is very good. Have used them on my last 3 cars and never had a problem. 

I'd recommend ordering through eBay if you have an account though. You'll at least have a quick resolution if the shipment goes missing or there's a problem. Tunershop have the same listing in multiples currencies so you can choose the one that works out cheapest for you.

Probably due to eBay constantly price-gouging sellers. They'd have to up the price a bit or lose money.

In that case, buy direct from the Tunershop website 😁