SOLD - Fabia VRS SE 2007 - Spares/Repair £950

Rallye Rich

I have for sale my Fabia VRS SE (No. 143) which I’ve owned for just over a year. The car is for sale as I was going to run it as a second car on top of my daily but I’ve not had the time to carry out some work to it and I’m now due to purchase my first property so would want it gone before I move. 

172k miles

2 Previous Owners

Full Service History, service now due (minor service)

Car is located in Surrey - Bagshot Area

The good bits....

The car starts and runs almost perfectly, certainly for a 13 year old car. The year i used it to travel 110 miles a day I spent almost nothing on the car sort from a new headlight. 

Standard bits for the car, easy see 45-55mpg every day, drives great, totally standard with cruise control, working AC, decent tyres. 

The bad bits....

The MoT has lapsed, it failed on emissions and I haven’t even attempted to rectify the issue as it’s a second car and I’ve not had the time. 

The last day I used the car the power steering was playing up, I have used it since with no issue but I would expect something requires a change.

I have it up for £950 but will listen to sensible offers, please check elsewhere but a running VRS SE still holds a very good premium which is why I went for the SE.  

548A6F72-3403-49C2-A6E2-8A0AEBE83467.jpeg

C970DB84-ADB0-4C75-B409-B138F62C05DE.jpeg

9E32A024-10F1-444C-B1FF-B9DF7E5707D6.jpeg

40CEE2CA-68F5-4EDA-88BD-566D89589CF8.jpeg

D6EBF115-9539-4D7F-B4A0-0FAD3297C959.jpeg

83F1DA70-5624-424B-A287-F714632076D9.jpeg

• Like 2

The power steering issue may have been due to low battery voltage. Our SE shows exactly the same symptoms when not used for a while. Did the MOT tester give any indications why the emissions were high?

Ah ok thanks, the battery hasn’t been changed in a while so could be something to do with that. 

I took it to kwik fit, they kind of shrugged and said it’s not something they would look into. If I had taken it somewhere else it may have been different. 

I feel its something to do air fuel ratios ratios or something but I have no idea. 

😥😥

I'd have this off you in a heartbeat if it quite literally wasn't the opposite end of the country.  Still seriously considered it until my wife pointed out that I have 2 Fabias already, another mk2 possibly on the way, plus a Van. but still....

GLWTS

Looking at the MOT fail shows it is the 'smoke' test that's been failed on.....

If the cars not in regular use it may be as simple as shoving some fuel system cleaner in the tank and giving it an Italian tune up!

I would consider booking it in for another test and taking a long route there including a decent motorway stretch using a couple of gears lower than normal.

I'm tempted by this as a project as I used to own an SE until last year. What's the car's bodywork and alloys like, and how's the leather holding up, particularly the driver's seat around the bolster and base?

Thanks

Statto

• 2 weeks later...