New L&k Face lift...Case for rejection!!

panmat

31 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Salt.  Wounds.  :biggrin:

Didn't want to add to your pain, just answering the question about whether this was fitted to cars currently being delivered in the UK... 😉

1 hour ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

No. All you need is the A5 front camera.

You can enable Lane Assist, however dealers are generally not allowed to do these sort of things. If I were you, I'd take the compensation and find someone close to you on the VCDS Map to code it for you. Here are the coding instructions:

STG 17

Long Coding

Byte 04 Bit 6 - checked

Byte 11 Bit 1 - checked

STG A5

Long Coding

Byte 16 Bit 7 - checked

Adaptation - security code 20103

Personalization BAP - not active

Personalization Eingriffszeitpunkt/intervention time - last setting

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on - last setting

STG 44 

Long coding - security code 19249

Byte 04 Bit 4 - active (Lane Assist HCA installed)

OR

Byte 03 Bit 0 - active (Lane Assist installed)

STG 5F

Adaptation

Vehicle Function List BAP-LDW_HCA_0x19 - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high - active

I have also MY20 L&K without lane assist. Tried this coding and it`s not working.  

1 hour ago, IanJD said:

Didn't want to add to your pain, just answering the question about whether this was fitted to cars currently being delivered in the UK... 😉

Thats OK, is yours the face lift (MY20)? will give me more ammo to fire at the dealer

8 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

In legal terms, you can reject if not of satisfactory quality, or not as described.

Clearly if advertised with lane assist, but not fitted then it is not as described.

As for the £500 compensation, that is a counter offer, doesn’t have to be accepted (and amount appears to have been plucked out of thin air, could just as easily offered say £400 or £700).   

I dont know know how much you want lane assist, if yes then not fit for purpose, so reject it; if no then suggest something like £1600 compensation (with aim of meeting in middle of two amounts)

At this stage, I am not clear if it has recently been dropped from L&K spec, or your particular car is missing something that is needed.  In the case of the former, the dealer is at fault for not informing you (and salesman clearly lazy so who cares if it costs him money).  If yours was a misbuild then they can replace it at their expense.   One caveat, all brochures etc always have a disclaimer at end that specs may be revised (but that doesn’t mean seller is entitled to hide them from you, until it is too late)

In practical terms if you want lane assist, and it can’t be supplied, then nothing to stop you rejecting as not suitable and not fit for purpose.  Then free to buy alternative.

Remember your contract is with the supplying dealer (not Skoda UK), so dealer consulting with Skoda is irrelevant.  Nothing to stop you having £1000 compensation, even if dealer only gets reimbursed £500.  It’s not your concern, they are disconnected transactions, if dealer not happy point out if they got a sales bonus from Skoda, would they onpass a share to you the customer, no.  They don’t have back to back contracts so it’s dealers problem, and you don’t need to wait for dealer to make separate compensation deal with Skoda.

Thanks for all the info. To be honest I really like the feature having got use to it on MY17 L&K

2 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

No. All you need is the A5 front camera.

You can enable Lane Assist, however dealers are generally not allowed to do these sort of things. If I were you, I'd take the compensation and find someone close to you on the VCDS Map to code it for you. Here are the coding instructions:

STG 17

Long Coding

Byte 04 Bit 6 - checked

Byte 11 Bit 1 - checked

STG A5

Long Coding

Byte 16 Bit 7 - checked

Adaptation - security code 20103

Personalization BAP - not active

Personalization Eingriffszeitpunkt/intervention time - last setting

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on - last setting

STG 44 

Long coding - security code 19249

Byte 04 Bit 4 - active (Lane Assist HCA installed)

OR

Byte 03 Bit 0 - active (Lane Assist installed)

STG 5F

Adaptation

Vehicle Function List BAP-LDW_HCA_0x19 - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning - active

Vehicle Menu operation menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high - active

Thanks for the info. Any Yorkshire coders......

3 hours ago, panmat said:

Out of curiosity I can't remember seeing this setting on MY17 either ACC or Limiter

20191001_155207.thumb.jpg.fd6d030f4f4a5fd9c42d26dde1a5b27b.jpg

Can anyone confirm this

My MY17 L&K has the ACC setting but I don't remember seeing a "Limiter" setting. 

On the LA front, I too thought it was standard on the L&K (which your screen-shot seems to confirm). Is there anything else "missing"?

Edited by BriskodaJeff

2 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

My MY17 L&K has the ACC setting but I don't remember seeing a "Limiter" setting. 

On the LA front, I too thought it was standard on the L&K (which your screen-shot seems to confirm). Is there anything else "missing"?

No all good

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Can you see the limiter setting if you press the ‘Mode’ button on the underside of ACC stalk? 

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Can you see the limiter setting if you press the ‘Mode’ button on the underside of ACC stalk? 

And I thought I was a geek about features! :D

I'll have a look in the morning. What does it do?

1 minute ago, BriskodaJeff said:

And I thought I was a geek about features! :D

I'll have a look in the morning. What does it do?

IIRC it toggles between ACC in conventional mode and the speed limiter setting. Possibly..... 😀

• Thanks 2

Thanks. Yes I know about that one (geek cloak returned to shouldersB)) but don't remember a limiter setting in the infotainment. @panmat does yours allow you to disable ACC and have speed limiter as default setting? (I did an Elise track day last weekend so my brain focused on rev limiter rather than speed limiter when I saw your photo, so was intrigued). If not, what does it do?

11 hours ago, Brockysuperb said:

If it's not got lane assist, I also suspect the cruise control will be a normal stay as a fixed velocity type. I think for ACC (match other traffic speed, etc) it needs lane control. Certainly on my 3 yr old L&K the ACC doesn't work unless it can see the lane (and its green, thus detected).

I've got a 16 L&K and my ACC works a treat without Lane Assist being active.  Can't say whether it's "seeing" the lanes or not as haven't covered the camera to see if ACC stops working, but it certainly works without LA being active - used it this evening on my drive home - sat in a long queue of slow:fast:slow traffic.  

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

IIRC it toggles between ACC in conventional mode and the speed limiter setting. Possibly..... 😀

That's correct..... functions as handbook states if you can understand it

1124688642_Annotation2019-10-01222645.thumb.jpg.60e2c4cfb99a0188d039d0b77ca89f06.jpg

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

1866619488_Annotation2019-10-01222645.jpg.b5b5740de9a22aedcd69051d0bb7590b.jpg

I only have the button on steering wheel not on stalk, which then gives you the option to set the limits

Edited by panmat

3 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Thanks. Yes I know about that one (geek cloak returned to shouldersB)) but don't remember a limiter setting in the infotainment. @panmat does yours allow you to disable ACC and have speed limiter as default setting? (I did an Elise track day last weekend so my brain focused on rev limiter rather than speed limiter when I saw your photo, so was intrigued). If not, what does it do?

Had a quick check, think it reverts back to ACC on restart, will tell more tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adamjackdrew said:

I've got a 16 L&K and my ACC works a treat without Lane Assist being active.  Can't say whether it's "seeing" the lanes or not as haven't covered the camera to see if ACC stops working, but it certainly works without LA being active - used it this evening on my drive home - sat in a long queue of slow:fast:slow traffic.  

+1.

I (MY17) use ACC without my Lane Assist active, 90% of the time.

I only turn on Lane Guidance (via steering wheel button) when I'm highways or motorways.

13 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

MY19 onwards Skodas with ACC shouldn't have the mode button anymore to change from ACC to LIM. Done in the infotainment/maxidot now.

Ah mine is MY18.  Thanks for clarifying.