So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

sunday roast chicken boned stuffed joint left overs today. standard so no pics, though joint was tesco rather than lidl.

and a disaster... i realised 5 mins before the veg were ready i had put both extra portions of mash from yeaterdays batch into freezer last night... queue some rapid microwave defrosting just before planned meal time!!

41 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

:thinking: " What's the white question mark for please "   

I think it is to signify the many dodgy and questionable ingredients that have gone into this giant pot. I think I have made about a gallon of the stuff. Which is good because it's cleaned out my 'stuff that is going off', but bad as I have a tiny freezer! 

19c and Al fresco again.......rinse and repeat of the usual suspects but not necessarily in the same order - half a reference to Morecambe and Wise for our regular viewers 😉

IMG-0247.jpg

• Like 1

burgers this evening, with mash and veg.

not 19c outside, but it was 23C in the kitchen as the sun was beating in the windows since 10am..

kitchen and main garden area are Sth and west facing, so they are a massive sun trap in good weater. kitchen is a fridge in the winter though...

Shopping day again today so a sort out of fridge and freezer saw a Plastic box turned out........

Small portion of Bolognese, quick cook spaghetti, remains of a bag of salad mélange before it was too brown and wet, few other salady bits  and the last of the cheddar grated.

I know, I know, it's  weird, should be lasagne with salad! 

Swilled down with a  bottle of 3€ Bordeaux * from Lidl

IMG-0256.jpg

* more expensive bottles are available but not necessary

Edited by olduns

we had pan fried peppered chicken breast tonight,

someone didnt put enough spud in the portion tub yesterday though..

20200408_190206.thumb.jpg.fd3edcc87cd41fed978e0e2be1a2474e.jpg

so i had improvise mine a tad...

one thawed and toasted pitta later, and some blue dragon* sweet chilli sauce i made a pathetic irish kebab - chicken and mash...

20200408_190729.thumb.jpg.8098f4bb8429e3380884144a528980ea.jpg

*other, inferior, sweet chilli sauces are available....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Very early Tea today..............

Soup and a sarnie later........

IMG_3028.jpg

I'm sorry to call this against someone of your great eminence but this has to be a rules violation!

What you picture is a breakfast or perhaps a brunch!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

I'm sorry to call this against someone of your great eminence but this has to be a rules violation!

What you picture is a breakfast or perhaps a brunch!

7 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Very early Tea today..............

Soup and a sarnie later........

IMG_3028.jpg

Actually Sticky I must complain, I can have my tea anytime I like, Tea was at 13.30,  lunch at 08.00 and breakfast at 17.00 hrs..................supper is in 10 minutes 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Even warmer today....24c most of the afternoon so salady things again and part of a mixed grill as the main.....Lidl pepper pave with fried egg on top - sun and lockdown getting to our decision making 😋

IMG-20200409-193340.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Actually Sticky I must complain, I can have my tea anytime I like, Tea was at 13.30,  lunch at 08.00 and breakfast at 17.00 hrs..................supper is in 10 minutes 

If it were me I'd uphold the appeal, and award bonus points for the lovely fresh eggs!

Gaz

12 minutes ago, IamGaz said:

If it were me I'd uphold the appeal, and award bonus points for the lovely fresh eggs!

Gaz

we get the eggs from a farms about 5 minutes walk away from where we live. They are so fresh even the chicken **** on them  is still warm 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

we get the eggs from a farms about 5 minutes walk away from where we live. They are so fresh even the chicken **** on them  is still warm 

I went to get some eggs from a mate and one of them the shell was still softish 🤢 though I guess if it was hard it'd be 😵 for the hen.

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Are those timers GMT/BST or YMT. However in the case of YMT , ( Y=YORKSHIRE) , we have to find a replacement for Mean, as Yorkshire folk are not mean, just careful with resources. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I think you might need a new clock ... :)

It doesn't count in Yorkshire as they have their own time. Even God sets his watch by Yorkshire time. I mean, how many counties have a pudding named after them? (Baked Alaska Doesn't count as it's not a county) 

Disclaimer: Lancashire hotpot Doesn't Count

Double Disclaimer: Cumberland Sausage isn't  a pudding although it makes a fab toad in the hole when added to Yorkshire pudding 

Neither is Cornish pasty or any of the cheese family. 

Triple Disclaimer: Surrey with a fringe on top is also not a pudding, although it does sound potentially appetising 

Quadruple Disclaimer: Eccles cakes are not included and neither are Chorley cakes

Quintuple Disclaimer: Cumberland pie is also not a pudding 

Whatever comes next Disclaimer: Worcestshirerererer sauce is nice with Yorkshire pudding 

• Haha 2