So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

Fruit or veg are both acceptable in alcohol form, plus they don't go off as fast one turned into a tasty beverage. 

Buy alcohol, not fruit and veg, it's kinder for the environment as you will have zero wastage. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Ah, real potato vodka then, and most forms of whisk(e)y including poteen.

poitín and pronounced puh (like putt) -  cheen 

just to be a pedant and clarify the spelling ;)

also, if youve never spent an evening drinking it... be very very careful where you get it from as it can be as likely to kill or make you blind after 1 shot as just get you utterly beyond steamboats pished. and.. dont drink water the next day, i dont know how or why but you'll pished again if you do!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

Tonight I had cannelloni, mixed veg and frozen brown bread and butter 

I also eat frozen brown bread. It's a healthy alternative to room temperature brown bread and has the crunchy but cold texture of toasted brown bread without the hassle and expense of toasting it. Left at room temperature frozen brown bread tastes like brown bread and that's just boring bread.

Top money saving advice 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mac11irl said:

poitín and pronounced puh (like putt) -  cheen 

just to be a pedant and clarify the spelling ;)

also, if youve never spent an evening drinking it... be very very careful where you get it from as it can be as likely to kill or make you blind after 1 shot as just get you utterly beyond steamboats pished. and.. dont drink water the next day, i dont know how or why but you'll pished again if you do!

I used to work with an Irish guy who would bring some Potcheen back to the UK every time he visited his homeland. He would bring it into the office in a glass lemonade bottle for a tasting session! It was like rocket fuel & your're right, have too much & it could be fatal. We used to drink small shots of it from plastic drinks machine cups. Next morning I came into work & picked up a cup to put it in the bin & the bottom half of the cup stayed on the desk!! If it did that to plastic god knows what it did to your insides.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Ouzo & Raki as well 

Yes Ouzo. I have some memories (just) of many a drunken night when back packing around the Greek Islands when Ouzo cost maybe 100 Drachma a bottle (nothing). Drink water the next morning & it got you woozy all over again. I like a Pernod & water now & again but not for a drinking session. But when we were 18 we knew nothing about these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

I have been known to drink neat cask strength whisky (61-62% roughly) :) 

drunk GIF

So have I, although I normally cut it with about the same again of water, because it makes the malt taste better.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about a late tea of a bit of beef with mash, mashed turnips, peas carrots and some creamed spinach, all courtesy of M&S I have to add, as I haven't got time to prep that and eat it tonight.

I can save half of it for tomorrow's tea in case I go out all day on Saturday. Have a friend who invited me to go to the Preston Tractor Pull. I live the life of a sophisticated lady I do :D 

• Like 2

I'm taking my camera too, as I have nothing on tomorrow and I've only ever seen this stuff on telly, so it should be an experience. Hoping to have a chat and catchup with friend, rudely interrupted by big things going "BANG!" 

bring ear defenders..

im at BIL's wedding... Waterford Castle

20220826_202718.thumb.jpg.3e5476a5d740268a5cb27cb22354353d.jpg

i was too hungry to remember a before phot, so a half way through pic of my fillet beef, asked medium, and got med rare - perfection 🥰 

starter was black pudding on mashed potato with onion chutney :)

thought i had a photo, but it must be on the other phone. ill find it later and edit the post. 

i missed my dessert as i was on spud jr duty, i believe it was lovely though...

edit...

piccy on work phone. 

IMG-20220826-WA0021.thumb.jpg.df6823999be0a3f66ab30dedfbb67d7d.jpg

oh and there was a coconut sorbet after that, or soup. i opted for the sorbet to prevent soup bloating getting in the way of my animal protein 😋 

Edited by mac11irl
  • Love it! 2

5 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I wonder if BiL would be impressed to know you were posting pictures of the food on a Skoda forum :) 

I think we need a picture of him with some tea 

im sure theres plenty piccys up on peoples' instagrams already :D

Im really jealous of that black pudding. I've tried various 'Blutwusrt' as they call it here and they just ain't the same for whatever reason.

My dinner was potato soup, plain rice and a couple of Buscopan 😏

• Sad 2

Left over home made bolognaise with bread - ran out of spaghetti.  Added some cannelloni beans, mushrooms, bay leaf, garlic, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire source , red wine,& a bunch of herbs & spices. Rather good.

IMG_1280.jpg.17a6936bb4ba92af408292ed18f03c77.jpg

• Like 4