So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

6 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Excellent amount of mash.  A real "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" amount! I also like the gravy moat :) 

Got to have a boat load of gravy with mash. Big portion of peas as well which are easily picked up by the mash on a fork.

• Like 2

Leftovers - one of my favourites!:

IMG_9058.thumb.jpeg.1a436bf469bc3e3646790550fc2c1c0b.jpeg

Under the green salad, there's peppers, celery, cucumber, avocado salad with feta, potato wedges, then, in view, homemade coleslaw and slices of bacon wrapped chicken joint.  Our butcher de-bones a whole chicken, then wraps it.  It's really rather good, not to mention great the next day.

I'd had pud earlier, in the form of a pot of tea and carrot cake, up on Ashdown Forest.  Bloody lovely bit of cake :nod::

IMG_9055.thumb.jpeg.9220a71c47fbe3224552dc7ecf44db98.jpeg

Gaz

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, olduns said:

Definitely heading towards end of break.....Brown and minimal 😀

20240311-184751.jpg

The 'babies' are starting to gather for the farewell...

Keep an eye on yer beer olduns i would'nt trust that pig 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I had my Fray Bentos pie, homemade chips with HP Sauce and some frozen veggies which weren't frozen after being steamed. 

IMG_20240311_184901434_HDR.thumb.jpg.4f5aa5d8b0141cd4c3ebac277899f10a.jpg

I haven't had one of those for years. Looks like you got it out of the tin in one piece.

• Like 1

Top teas tonight :) Especially like the Cruets side shows :) 

4 hours ago, olduns said:

Definitely heading towards end of break.....Brown and minimal 😀

20240311-184751.jpg

The 'babies' are starting to gather for the farewell...

4 in one shot! Gets my vote :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

I haven't had one of those for years. Looks like you got it out of the tin in one piece.

Looks like, yeah.  

I had to take the lid off and then scrape out the remainder :D

16 hours ago, @Lee said:

Looks like, yeah.  

I had to take the lid off and then scrape out the remainder :D

its not cooked properly unless you need to chisel it off the can :D

i also havnt had on in years.

a colleague of mine had never had one! he's 36. me and one of the girls in the office were talking about random old food from our youth and Frey Bentos came up. he had never heard of them. 

he went and bought a couple of them the following week and said "yeah, theyre alright".

hes bought more since though :D

• Haha 1

20240312_171217.thumb.jpg.406951cd9aeab97aa6b32ead52538d9a.jpg

the "says its Haddock on the bag" was a bit small looking so i did an extra fish finger.

and home made chips.

• Like 4

Tonight will be the other half of the Toad in the Hole I had last night. Scroll up for that. 

Just sorting out the veg & gravy to go with. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Dry dinner lovers look away now. 👀:rolleyes:

Tonight was meat (Pork Chop) & potatoes (cheesy Parmigiano mash) with a lot of Onion gravy 😋 

Didn't need the apple sauce in the end.

image.thumb.png.53631df5103704184c44ae802fa1ef68.png

I could be assigning observation bias, but you eat a lot of pork Colin....

have you got shares in a pig farm? or do you work for the Pork Promotion Association ;) :D

5 hours ago, mac11irl said:

I could be assigning observation bias, but you eat a lot of pork Colin....

have you got shares in a pig farm? or do you work for the Pork Promotion Association ;) :D

Ha Ha. No, on both counts.

I went to Costco the other week. As those who know & will attest, Costco only sell meat in catering pack quantities so it's not possible to buy a single steak, chop or leg of chicken. They only come in trays of 6 or more & in the case of thick cut Pork chops - a tray of 12 &, I've got one more left. I did consider getting some T Bone steaks but a 4 pack of those was over £55 which was too much for me.12 Pork chops was less than half of that. 

Tonight will be a Domino's Pizza (delivered) because neither my wife & I can be bothered to cook tonight. 

No photo's cos I'm sure you all know what a large Mighty Meaty looks like:pizza: & a Vegy whatever for my wife. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow.   

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

15 hours ago, John2022 said:

Beef Brisket Hot

Beef Brisket Cold

Beef Brisket in the pot

Four days old!

IMG_2610.jpg

This is my problem. When there's only one meat eater in the house the same or similar thing for 4 days running gets quite boring. It's challenging to come up with different ways to cook the same base food. I've still got 3 slices of pizza to finish from Thursday!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

This is my problem. When there's only one meat eater in the house the same or similar thing for 4 days running gets quite boring. It's challenging to come up with different ways to cook the same base food. I've still got 3 slices of pizza to finish from Thursday!! 

Thank heaven for the freezer. The trouble is that’s full to bursting - must stop buying food……

• Like 1